Key Features and Benefits of the C1-N9K-C93120TX Model
The C1-N9K-C93120TX is a model of the Cisco ONE Nexus 9000 series of data center switches. Some of its key features and benefits include:
- High-performance switching: The C1-N9K-C93120TX offers line-rate, low-latency switching for data center environments.
- Scalability: The switch supports up to 3.2 Tbps of throughput and up to 1.5 Bpps of packet forwarding.
- Energy efficiency: The C1-N9K-C93120TX is designed to be energy-efficient, with features such as front-to-back cooling and power-efficient ASICs.
- Flexibility: The switch supports various deployment options, including in-rack, end-of-row, and data center fabrics.
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) support: The C1-N9K-C93120TX supports open APIs and programmability, which enables integration with various SDN controllers and automation tools.
- Security: The C1-N9K-C93120TX includes security features such as control plane protection, access control lists, and role-based access control.
- High availability: The switch supports features such as nonstop forwarding, stateful switchover, and In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) to ensure high availability in the data center.
- Comprehensive Management: The C1-N9K-C93120TX is managed by a comprehensive management system, Cisco Nexus 9000 Series NX-OS Software, that provides flexible and powerful management options.
Hardware and Software Architecture of the Nexus 9000 Switch
The Cisco ONE Nexus 9000 series of switches, including the C1-N9K-C93120TX model, is built on a modular hardware architecture that uses merchant silicon and a custom ASIC, called the Trident II. This hardware design allows for high-performance, low-latency switching, as well as the ability to support a wide range of port speeds and protocols.
The switch's hardware consists of the following components:
- Switching Fabric: The switching fabric is the heart of the switch and is responsible for forwarding packets at line rate. The C1-N9K-C93120TX supports up to 3.2 Tbps of throughput and up to 1.5 Bpps of packet forwarding.
- Supervisor Module: The supervisor module is the control and management plane of the switch and runs the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series NX-OS Software. It is responsible for managing the overall operation of the switch and providing access to the management interface.
- Line Card Modules: The line card modules are the forwarding engines of the switch and provide the physical ports for connecting to other devices. The C1-N9K-C93120TX supports up to 120 x 40/100 Gbps ports or a combination of 40/100 Gbps and 10/25 Gbps ports.
- Power Supplies: The switch has dual power supplies that provide power to all of the other components.
The Cisco Nexus 9000 Series NX-OS Software is the operating system that runs on the supervisor module and provides the control and management plane for the switch. It is built on a modular architecture that allows for easy integration with various automation and orchestration tools, as well as support for open APIs such as OpenFlow and NETCONF. The software supports a wide range of features, including:
- Networking protocols: The Nexus 9000 supports a wide range of networking protocols, including IPv4/IPv6, MPLS, VXLAN, and more.
- Security: The software includes security features such as control plane protection, access control lists, and role-based access control.
- Automation and programmability: The Nexus 9000 supports open APIs and programmability, which enables integration with various SDN controllers and automation tools.
- Management and monitoring: The software provides a comprehensive management interface, including the ability to monitor and troubleshoot the switch's performance and operation.
Networking and Connectivity Options for the Nexus 9000 Switch
The C1-N9K-C93120TX model of the Cisco ONE Nexus 9000 series of switches provides a wide range of networking and connectivity options for data center environments.
- Port options: The C1-N9K-C93120TX supports up to 120 x 40/100 Gbps ports or a combination of 40/100 Gbps and 10/25 Gbps ports. This allows for high-speed connectivity to other devices and networks, such as servers, storage, and other switches.
- Protocol support: The Nexus 9000 switch supports a wide range of networking protocols, including IPv4/IPv6, MPLS, VXLAN, and more, which enables integration with various network environments and technologies.
- Virtualization support: The Nexus 9000 switch supports virtualization technologies such as VXLAN and NVGRE, which enables the creation of virtualized networks within the data center.
- Layer 3 support: The switch supports advanced Layer 3 features, such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP, which allows for more efficient routing and traffic management within the data center.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports advanced QoS features, such as traffic shaping, congestion management, and prioritization, which allows for better control of network traffic and improved application performance.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) : The switch supports LACP, which allows for the bundling of multiple physical ports to form a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) : The switch supports FCoE, which allows for the consolidation of Fibre Channel storage traffic onto Ethernet networks, providing increased efficiency and flexibility.
- Storage Area Network (SAN) : The switch supports Fibre Channel and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocols, which allows for the connection of storage devices to the SAN.
- Inter-VLAN Routing: The switch supports Inter-VLAN Routing, which allows for communication between different VLANs without the need for a router.
These networking and connectivity options make the C1-N9K-C93120TX a versatile and powerful solution for data center environments, allowing for efficient and secure communication between devices and networks.
General Information about this Cisco C1-N9K-C93120TX
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number C1-N9K-C93120TX
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Line Nexus
- Product Series 9300
- Product Model 93120TX
- Product Name Nexus 93120TX Layer 3 Switch
- Product Type Layer 3 Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 96
- Uplink Port No
- Modular Yes
- Stack Port No
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 96 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 6 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology 40 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ethernet Technology 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 40GBase-X
- Network Technology 10GBase-T
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 6
- Expansion Slot Type QSFP+
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 3
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- Power Source Power Supply
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.