Advanced Security Features
The C1921-3G-U-K9 Cisco 1921 router is a multi-service router that offers a variety of advanced security features to help protect your network from external threats. Some of the key advanced security features of this router include:
- Firewall: The router has a built-in firewall that can be configured to protect the network from external threats. The firewall can be configured to block specific types of traffic, such as malicious packets or unwanted connections, based on rules and policies.
- VPN: The router supports Virtual Private Network (VPN) which allows to securely connect remote workers or branch offices to the main network. This can be done using various VPN protocols such as IPsec, L2TP, and PPTP.
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): The router has an Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) that can be configured to detect and prevent intrusions on the network. It can also be configured to generate alerts and take preventative measures when an intrusion is detected.
- Content Filtering: The router has a content filtering feature which can block access to specific types of content such as websites, web applications or unwanted traffic.
- Authentication: The router supports various authentication methods like local, RADIUS, TACACS+ and Kerberos which can be used to authenticate users before allowing them to access the network.
- Access Control: The router has an Access Control feature which can be configured to restrict access to specific devices, users or groups based on certain conditions like time, location, or device type.
- Encryption: The router supports various encryption protocols such as AES, 3DES, and DES which can be used to encrypt sensitive data as it travels over the network.
- These advanced security features make the C1921-3G-U-K9 Cisco 1921 router a powerful solution for organizations that need to secure their networks against external threats. It's important to note that these features may have different capabilities and options depending on the firmware version of the router.
Maximizing Performance and Scalability
Maximizing performance and scalability of the C1921-3G-U-K9 Cisco 1921 Multi Service 2 Ports Router means ensuring that the router can handle high traffic loads and adapt to changes in the network as it grows. This can be achieved through several steps:
- Utilizing Quality of Service (QoS) features: The router has built-in QoS features that allow you to prioritize different types of traffic, such as voice or video, to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Using link aggregation: Link aggregation allows you to bundle multiple physical links together, such as Ethernet cables, to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy. This means that if one link goes down, traffic can still be sent and received through the other links.
- Optimizing the routing table: Regularly reviewing and optimizing the routing table ensures that the most efficient routes are being used, reducing the load on the router and improving performance.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting: Regularly monitoring the router's performance and troubleshooting any issues that arise helps to keep the router running at peak performance.
- Upgrading memory and flash: If the router is frequently running low on memory, upgrading the memory and flash can improve performance.
- Using advanced routing protocols: Advanced routing protocols like OSPF or EIGRP can optimize the routing table and improve the overall scalability of the network.
- Utilizing VPN concentrator or firewall: A VPN concentrator or firewall can offload VPN and security processing from the router, improving its performance.
- Using dynamic routing protocols: Dynamic routing protocols allow the router to automatically adjust to changes in the network topology, improving scalability.
By implementing these steps, you can help ensure that the C1921-3G-U-K9 Cisco 1921 Multi Service 2 Ports Router is able to handle high traffic loads and continue to perform well as your network grows. It's important to note that these steps may have different capabilities and options depending on the firmware version of the router.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The C1921-3G-U-K9 Cisco 1921 Multi Service 2 Ports Router has built-in Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities that allow you to prioritize different types of network traffic. This can help ensure that critical applications, such as voice and video, receive the bandwidth they need while less important traffic is given lower priority. The QoS features of the router include:
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ): This feature allows you to assign different priorities to different types of traffic based on the traffic's IP precedence or DSCP value.
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ): This feature allows you to prioritize delay-sensitive traffic, such as voice and video, by allocating a specific amount of bandwidth to that traffic.
- Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED): This feature helps prevent network congestion by randomly dropping packets when the network is busy. The router can be configured to give priority to certain types of traffic, such as voice, over other types of traffic, such as data.
- Traffic Shaping: This feature allows you to control the rate at which traffic is sent and received, helping to prevent network congestion.
- Policy-Based Routing (PBR): This feature allows you to route traffic based on specific criteria, such as source IP address, allowing you to apply different QoS policies to different types of traffic.
- Quality of Service (QoS) in VPN: This feature allows you to apply different QoS policies to VPN traffic, ensuring that VPN traffic is given the appropriate priority.
- Autosense feature: This feature allows the router to automatically adjust its QoS settings to match the type of traffic that is being sent and received.
- Link Fragmentation and Interleaving (LFI): This feature improves the performance of delay-sensitive traffic, such as voice and video, by fragmenting large packets and interleaving smaller packets with them.
Key Feature about this Cisco C1921-3G-U-K9
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# C1921-3G-U-K9
- Product Series 1900
- Product Model 1921
- Product Name 1921 Multi Service Router
- Product Type Router
Interfaces/Ports of Cisco 1900 Series Router
- Total Number of Ports 2
- Management Port Yes
I/O Expansions of Cisco 2 Ports Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
- Expansion Slot Type HWIC
Network & Communication of Cisco Router
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- VoIP Supported No
- Standard Memory 512 MB
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Redundant Power Supply Supported No
Dimension and Weight
- Compatible Rack Unit 1U
- Form Factor -
- Wall Mountable
- Height 1.8 Inch
- Width 13.5 Inch
- Depth 11.5 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 14 lbs
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cyber criminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.