Introduction to the 2 Ports Router
The C1921-4G-V-SEC/K9 Cisco 1921 Integrated Services Router is a high-performance, modular router that provides a wide range of features and capabilities for small and medium-sized businesses, as well as enterprise branch offices.
Some of the key features and benefits of the C1921-4G-V-SEC/K9 Cisco 1921 Integrated Services Router include:
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports: The router has two Gigabit Ethernet ports that provide high-speed connectivity for devices such as servers, switches, and PCs.
- 4G LTE support: The router supports 4G LTE, which can be used as a primary or backup WAN connection, providing reliable and secure connectivity.
- Integrated security: The router includes integrated security features such as a firewall, intrusion prevention system (IPS), and VPN support, helping to protect the network from various types of threats.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The router supports Quality of Service (QoS) features that can be used to prioritize important network traffic, such as voice and video, helping to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Advanced routing: The router supports advanced routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP, which can be used to route traffic efficiently and ensure that data is delivered to the correct destination.
- Virtualization: The router supports virtualization, which can be used to create multiple virtual networks on a single physical device, helping to improve network efficiency and security.
- Management and monitoring: The router includes a web-based interface that can be used to manage and monitor the router, as well as an SNMP agent that can be used to monitor the router's performance and troubleshoot issues.
Remote Management Protocols
The Cisco 1921 Integrated Services Router (C1921-4G-V-SEC/K9) supports several remote management protocols, including:
- Telnet: a text-based protocol for remote access to the router's command-line interface (CLI)
- SSH: a secure version of Telnet that encrypts the connection between the client and the router
- SNMP: a protocol for managing and monitoring network devices, including routers
- HTTP/HTTPS: for accessing the router's web-based management interface
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP): a proprietary Cisco protocol for discovering other Cisco equipment on the network
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) : a protocol used to monitor and manage network devices, like routers, switches, servers, and more.
It also support
- Cisco Network Assistant (CNA): a GUI-based management tool for Cisco network devices
- Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP): a web-based tool for configuring Cisco routers and switches
- Cisco Security Manager (CSM): a web-based tool for managing security features on Cisco devices
- Cisco Prime: a web-based management tool for Cisco network devices, including routers, switches, and wireless devices.
Establishing Internet Connectivity
Establishing Internet connectivity on the Cisco 1921 Integrated Services Router (C1921-4G-V-SEC/K9) involves configuring the router to connect to your Internet service provider (ISP) and then configuring the LAN side to provide Internet access to devices connected to it.
- Connecting to the ISP: The first step is to connect the WAN (Wide Area Network) port of the router to the modem or network provided by your ISP using an Ethernet cable. This will establish a physical connection between the router and the ISP's network.
- Configuring the WAN Interface: Next, you will need to configure the router's WAN interface with the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway provided by your ISP. These settings allow the router to communicate with the ISP's network and are typically obtained automatically via DHCP, but can also be set manually.
- DHCP Server: DHCP server is enabled in the router, which assigns IP addresses to devices connected to the LAN interface. This allows devices to communicate with the router and with each other.
- DNS Settings: You also need to configure the router's Domain Name System (DNS) settings to use the DNS servers provided by your ISP. This allows devices connected to the router to resolve domain names to IP addresses and access websites.
- Verifying Connectivity: Once the configuration is completed, you should verify the Internet connectivity by pinging a public IP address from the router's CLI or by trying to access a website from a device connected to the router's LAN interface.
- Security: As an optional step, you can configure the router's firewall to secure your network by filtering inbound and outbound traffic. This will help prevent unauthorized access and protect your network from malicious activity.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number C1921-4G-V-SEC/K9
- Product Series 1900
- Product Model 1921
- Product Name 1921 Integrated Services Router
- Product Type Router
Interfaces / Ports
- Total Number of Ports 2
- USB Yes
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports 2
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
- Expansion Slot Type WIC
Network & Communication
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- VoIP Supported No
- Standard Memory 512 MB
- Maximum Memory 512 MB
- Memory Technology DDR2 SDRAM
- Flash Memory 256 MB
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Input Voltage 220 V DC
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply No
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cyber criminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.