Advanced Routing Protocols
Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is a routing protocol used to exchange routing information between routers in different autonomous systems (AS) on the Internet. It is considered to be the most advanced routing protocol and is typically used by service providers to connect multiple networks together.
Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) is a routing protocol used primarily in IP networks. It is considered a link state protocol, meaning that it builds a map of the entire network and calculates the shortest path to a destination based on the state of the links in the network. OSPF is a classless routing protocol, meaning that it supports variable-length subnet masks (VLSMs), which allows for more efficient use of IP address space.
Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) is a Cisco proprietary protocol that is considered to be a hybrid of a distance-vector and a link-state routing protocol. It uses metrics such as bandwidth, delay, reliability, and load to calculate the best path to a destination. EIGRP supports VLSMs and also has advanced features such as unequal cost load balancing and fast convergence.
Routing Information Protocol (RIP) is a distance-vector routing protocol, which means that it uses hop count as a metric to determine the best path to a destination. it's considered a simpler routing protocol and is typically used in smaller networks.
Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) is Cisco proprietary protocol which is used to provide telephony services in the event of a WAN outage. It allows for the continued operation of Cisco IP phones and PBX systems at remote sites by using the local router as a fallback call-processing agent. SRST also allows for the configuration of call routing and voicemail services at the remote site.
Network Security and Threat Defense Capalities
The C2911-CME-SRST/K9 Cisco 2911 Router Voice Bundle with Packet Voice DSP Module has a variety of network security and threat defense capabilities built-in. Some of these include:
- Firewall features: The router includes an integrated firewall that can be used to secure traffic passing through the network. The firewall can be configured to allow or block specific types of traffic, such as IP addresses, ports, or protocols.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) support: The router supports VPNs, which allow for secure remote access to the network. This can be used to protect data and voice traffic passing between remote sites, as well as between remote users and the network.
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): The router includes an IPS feature that can be used to detect and prevent malicious traffic from entering the network. The IPS uses a signature-based approach to identify known threats and can also be configured to look for specific types of traffic or behavior that may indicate an attack.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The router supports the use of ACLs, which can be used to control access to specific resources on the network. This can be used to restrict access to specific IP addresses, ports, or protocols.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The router supports QoS, which can be used to prioritize different types of network traffic. This can be used to ensure that critical voice and video traffic is given priority over less-critical data traffic.
- Packet Voice DSP (Digital Signal Processor) Module: The router is equipped with a Packet Voice DSP Module, which provides advanced voice processing capabilities such as echo cancellation and noise reduction.
- VPN support: The router supports VPNs, which allow for secure remote access to the network. This can be used to protect data and voice traffic passing between remote sites, as well as between remote users and the network.
Establishing Internet Connectivity
Establishing Internet connectivity on the C2911-CME-SRST/K9 Cisco 2911 Router Voice Bundle with Packet Voice DSP Module can be done by configuring the router's WAN interface with the appropriate settings for the connection type being used. Some of the common steps to establish Internet connectivity would be:
- Configure the WAN interface: The WAN interface on the router will need to be configured with the appropriate settings for the connection type being used. This can include IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server information.
- Configure the routing protocol: The router will need to be configured with a routing protocol that is compatible with the WAN connection being used. Common routing protocols include Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Routing Information Protocol (RIP).
- Configure access control lists (ACLs): Access control lists (ACLs) can be used to control access to specific resources on the network. This can be used to restrict access to specific IP addresses, ports, or protocols.
- Configure security features: The router's built-in security features can be configured to protect the network from external threats. This can include configuring a firewall, virtual private network (VPN) support, intrusion prevention system (IPS) and Quality of Service (QoS).
- Verify the connectivity: To verify that the Internet connectivity is established, test the connectivity by pinging a public IP address or a well-known website. Also, you can use the "show ip interface" command to check the status of the WAN interface and the "show ip route" command to check the routing table.
Key Feature about this Cisco C2911-CME-SRST/K9
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# C2911-CME-SRST/K9
- Product Series 2900
- Product Model 2911
- Product Name 2911 Router
- Product Type Router
Interfaces/Ports of Cisco 2900 Series Router
- Total Number of Ports 3
- Powerline No
- Management Port Yes
I/O Expansions of Cisco 3 Ports Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 10
- Expansion Slot Type -
Network & Communication of Cisco Router
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- Standard Memory 512 MB
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
Dimension and Weight
- Compatible Rack Unit 2U
- Form Factor -
- Wall Mountable
- Height 3.5 Inch
- Width 17.3 Inch
- Depth 12 Inch
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C2911-CME-SRST/K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.