Performance of Expansion Module
The ExC3850-NM-4-1G is a network module that can be used to expand the connectivity and performance of a Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switch. It provides four additional 1 Gigabit Ethernet (1GE) uplink ports, allowing you to increase the number of available network connections and improve the overall performance of the switch.
Some of the key features of the ExC3850-NM-4-1G include:
- Four 1GE SFP uplink ports: These ports provide high-speed connectivity to other network devices, such as servers, storage systems, and other switches. The SFP ports can be configured with a variety of SFP transceivers, depending on the type of connectivity you need (e.g. fiber, copper).
- Enhanced performance: The ExC3850-NM-4-1G module is designed to work seamlessly with the Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches, providing high-speed, low-latency connectivity to help improve the overall performance of the network.
- Advanced features: The module supports a range of advanced features, such as Quality of Service (QoS), link aggregation, and jumbo frames, to help optimize network performance and improve the user experience.
Reliability of Catalyst Network Module
The Cisco C3850-NM-4-1G is a network module for the Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches that provides four Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting to end devices. It is designed to be a reliable and high-performance networking solution for enterprise environments.
Some of the features that contribute to the reliability of the C3850-NM-4-1G include:
- High-quality components: The network module uses high-quality components that are designed to withstand the rigors of enterprise networking environments.
- Redundancy: The network module can be used in conjunction with other network modules and the switch's built-in redundancy features to provide increased reliability and uptime.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The network module supports advanced QoS features that allow you to prioritize different types of network traffic, ensuring that mission-critical applications and services receive the necessary bandwidth and network resources.
- Enhanced security: The network module supports advanced security features that help protect against network threats and unauthorized access, improving the overall security and reliability of the network.
Multicast traffic management involves controlling the flow of multicast traffic within a network to optimize its performance and ensure that it reaches its intended destinations. Cisco Catalyst 3850 4X1GE Expansion Module (C3850-NM-4-1G) is a network expansion module that can be installed in the Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches to increase their port capacity and enhance their capabilities.
Multicast Traffic Management
The C3850-NM-4-1G expansion module has four 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) ports, which can be used to connect devices and network segments to the switch. These ports can also be used to manage multicast traffic by configuring various multicast features and settings in the switch.
Some of the multicast features that can be configured on the Cisco Catalyst 3850 switch include:
- IGMP snooping: This feature allows the switch to listen in on IGMP messages exchanged between multicast routers and hosts. By doing so, the switch can determine which ports need to receive multicast traffic and which can be pruned to optimize bandwidth usage.
- PIM snooping: This feature allows the switch to snoop on Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) messages exchanged between multicast routers. By doing so, the switch can determine which multicast streams need to be forwarded to which ports and can prune unnecessary streams to conserve bandwidth.
- IGMP filtering: This feature allows the switch to filter out unwanted multicast traffic by blocking IGMP messages from specific hosts or groups. This can help to reduce network congestion and improve performance.
- Multicast VLAN registration: This feature allows the switch to register multicast groups with specific VLANs. By doing so, the switch can limit the scope of multicast traffic to specific VLANs and reduce the amount of traffic that needs to be forwarded.
Main Specification about this Cisco C3850-NM-4-1G
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# C3850-NM-4-1G
- Product Series: Catalyst 3850
- Product Type: Expansion Module
Technical Information for Network Module
- Total Number of Ports 4
- Port Speed: 10/100/1000
- Port Type: SFP
- MTBF: 7,052,100 Hours
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Application/Usage: Optical Network
I/O Expansions of Expansion Module
- Interface Provided: 4 - SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Compatible Slot 1 x expansion slot
Network & Communication
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocols: Gigabit Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 1 GBPS
- Form Factor: Plug-in module
- Ethernet interface type: Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-12S-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-12S-S
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-12S-X
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-12X48U-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-12X48U-S
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24P-BA
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24P-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24P-L
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24P-S
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24S-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24S-S
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24T-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24T-L
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24T-S
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24U-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24U-L
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24U-S
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24XU-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-24XU-S
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48F-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48F-L
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48F-S
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48P-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48P-L
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48P-S
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48T-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48T-L
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48T-S
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48U-E
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48U-L
- Cisco Catalyst 3850-48U-S
These switches are compatible with a variety of software and hardware components, including:
- Cisco IOS XE 3.6.xE or later
- Cisco IOS XE 3.7.xE or later
- Cisco IOS XE 3.3.xSE or later
- Cisco IOS XE 3.4.xSE or later
- Cisco IOS XE 3.5.xE or later
- Cisco IOS XE 3.6.xSE or later
- Cisco IOS XE 3.7.xSE or later
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series StackWise-480 and StackPower cables
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Network Modules
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series power supplies
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure and meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in them. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure them to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fibre technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helps to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalogue, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and monitor a large number of contacts.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C3850-NM-4-1G at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.