Configuration and Management
- Initial Configuration: The initial configuration of the C3925-VSEC/K9 Cisco 3925 router can be done through the command-line interface (CLI) or the web-based graphical user interface (GUI). It is recommended to use the CLI for initial configuration as it provides more control and options.
- IP Address Configuration: To configure the IP address of the router, use the "configure terminal" command to enter the configuration mode and then use the "interface [interface name]" command to select the interface you want to configure. Next, use the "ip address [IP address] [subnet mask]" command to set the IP address and subnet mask.
- Setting Up Passwords: To secure access to the router, it is important to set up a password for the privileged mode (enable mode) and the user mode (configuration mode). Use the "enable password [password]" command to set the privileged mode password and the "username [username] password [password]" command to set the user mode password.
- Configuring Network Services: To configure network services such as DHCP, DNS, and NTP, use the "service [service name]" command to enter the service configuration mode and then use the appropriate commands to configure the service.
- Configuring Security Features: To configure security features such as firewall, VPN, and intrusion prevention, use the "security" command to enter the security configuration mode and then use the appropriate commands to configure the security feature.
- Backup and Restore Configuration: To backup the configuration of the router, use the "copy running-config startup-config" command to save the current configuration to the startup-config file. To restore the configuration, use the "configure replace [startup-config file]" command.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting: To monitor and troubleshoot the router, use the "show [command]" command to display the status and configuration of various components of the router. Use the "debug [command]" command to enable debugging and troubleshoot issues.
- Remote Management: The router can be remotely managed through Telnet, SSH, or SNMP. To enable remote management, use the "line vty [number]" command to configure the virtual terminal lines and use the "transport input [protocol]" command to specify the protocol for remote access.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Power Issues: If the router is not turning on, check to make sure that the power cord is securely plugged in and that the power source is functioning properly. If the issue persists, try unplugging the router for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.
- Connectivity Issues: If the router is not connecting to the network, check to make sure that the network cables are securely plugged in and that the router is configured correctly. Try restarting the router and the devices connected to it.
- Configuration Issues: If the router is not properly configured, check the configuration settings and ensure that they match the requirements of the network. Make sure that the router is configured with the correct IP address and subnet mask.
- Firmware Updates: Keep the router's firmware updated to ensure optimal performance and security. Check the Cisco website for firmware updates and follow the instructions provided to install them.
- Logs and Event Monitoring: Regularly check the router's logs and event monitoring to identify any potential issues or errors. This can help prevent problems from becoming more severe and can also help diagnose the root cause of an issue.
- Backup Configuration: Regularly backup the router's configuration to a secure location. This can help restore the configuration in case of a failure or if the router needs to be replaced.
- Physical Maintenance: Regularly check the router's physical condition, such as the fan and air vents, to ensure that it is running smoothly. Clean dust and debris from the vents to prevent overheating.
- Security Measures: Regularly check for any security threats or vulnerabilities and take necessary actions to prevent unauthorized access to the router.
Advanced Features of Services Router
Troubleshooting and maintenance of the C3925-VSEC/K9 Cisco 3925 Series 3 Ports Integrated Services Router can be done through a variety of methods, including:
- Checking the Router's Status: The first step in troubleshooting the router is to check its status by using the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) or web-based graphical user interface (GUI). This can provide information on the router's overall health, as well as any error messages or warnings that may indicate a problem.
- Verifying Connectivity: Another important step in troubleshooting is to verify that the router is properly connected to the network. This includes checking the status of the router's ports, as well as verifying that the router is properly configured with the correct IP address and subnet mask.
- Testing Network Connectivity: To test network connectivity, you can use the ping command to send a test packet to a specific IP address. This can help identify any issues with network connectivity, such as a failure in the router's routing table or a problem with the network's DNS settings.
- Checking Logs: The router has the ability to log system events, which can be helpful in identifying the root cause of a problem. The logs can be viewed through the CLI or GUI and can be exported to a remote syslog server.
- Upgrading Firmware: Upgrading the router's firmware can help fix any known bugs or security vulnerabilities, and ensure that the router is running the most recent version of the Cisco IOS software.
- Backing Up Configuration: Backing up the router's configuration is important for restoring the router to its previous state in case of a failure or power outage. It's recommended to backup the router's configuration regularly.
- Physical Maintenance: The router should be kept in a clean and dry environment and the dust should be removed regularly. The fans should be checked for any blockage and the power supply should be checked for any signs of damage.
- Regular Monitoring: Regular monitoring of the router's performance, security, and availability can help prevent problems before they occur. This can be done using network management tools, such as Cisco Prime.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number C3925-VSEC/K9
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Series 3900
- Product Model 3925
- Product Name 3925 Integrated Services Router
- Product Type Router
Interfaces / Ports
- Total Number of Ports 3
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 15
- Expansion Slot Type PVDM
- Expansion Slot Type HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type SFP (mini-GBIC)
Network & Communication
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Standard Memory 1 GB
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C3925-VSEC/K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.