Introduction to the Network Module
The Cisco C3KX-NM-1G is a network module that is designed to be used with Cisco Catalyst 3560-X and 3750-X Series switches. It provides four Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used to connect devices such as computers, servers, and other networking equipment to the network. Some key features and performance characteristics of the C3KX-NM-1G= include:
- Data transfer rates: The ports on the Part support speeds of up to 1 Gbps.
- Network connectivity: The module has four Gigabit Ethernet ports, which can be used to connect a variety of devices to the network. The ports can be configured as either copper or fiber optic, depending on the needs of your network.
- Compatibility: The Part is compatible with Cisco Catalyst switches, and it can be used to add additional ports to these switches.
Features and Benefits
The C3KX-NM-1G Cisco 4 Ports Gigabit Ethernet Network Module is an expansion module that can be installed in a Cisco Catalyst 3750-X or 3560-X switch to increase its network connectivity capabilities. Here are some of the key features and benefits of this module:
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports: The module provides four high-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports, each with a data transfer rate of up to 1 Gbps.
- Hot-swappable: The module is hot-swappable, which means it can be installed or removed from the switch without shutting down the system or disrupting network connectivity.
- Compatibility: The module is compatible with both copper and fiber-optic cabling.
- Auto-negotiation: The module supports auto-negotiation, which means it can automatically detect the speed and duplex mode of connected devices.
- Jumbo frames support: The module supports jumbo frames up to 9216 bytes.
- Increased network connectivity: With four additional Gigabit Ethernet ports, the module expands the network connectivity capabilities of the switch.
- Flexibility: The module is compatible with both copper and fiber-optic cabling, providing flexibility in network design and allowing for longer distance connections.
- Hot-swappable: The hot-swappable feature of the module makes it easy to install or remove the module without causing network downtime.
- Auto-negotiation: The auto-negotiation feature allows the module to automatically detect the speed and duplex mode of connected devices, simplifying network configuration and reducing errors.
- Jumbo frames support: The jumbo frames support feature allows for larger packet sizes, which can improve network performance in certain applications such as video streaming or large file transfers.
Network Management and Security
The C3KX-NM-1G Cisco 4 Ports Gigabit Ethernet Network Module can be managed and secured through a variety of methods. Here are some network management and security considerations for this module:
- Network Management: The module can be managed through various network management protocols, such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Command Line Interface (CLI), and Simple Network Management Protocol version 3 (SNMPv3). These protocols allow administrators to monitor the status of the module, configure settings, and diagnose any issues that may arise.
- Access Control: Access control mechanisms should be implemented to ensure that only authorized personnel can manage the network module. This can be achieved by using features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and authentication protocols such as RADIUS and TACACS+.
- Firmware updates: Regular firmware updates should be performed to keep the module up-to-date with the latest security patches and bug fixes. These updates can be done through various methods, including CLI, SNMP, or using Cisco's firmware management tools.
- Port Security: The module supports port security features such as MAC address limiting, which limits the number of MAC addresses that can be learned on a port. This helps prevent unauthorized devices from connecting to the network.
- VLANs: Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) can be implemented to segment the network and improve security. This can be achieved by assigning each port on the module to a different VLAN, which can prevent unauthorized access to sensitive network resources.
- Network Monitoring: Network monitoring tools can be used to detect any suspicious activity on the network, such as unauthorized access attempts or abnormal traffic patterns. This can help administrators detect and respond to security threats in a timely manner.
General Information about this Cisco C3KX-NM-1G
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# C3KX-NM-1G
- Product Type: Network Module
Technical Information of Network Module
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
Interfaces/Ports of 4 Ports Module
- Total Number of Ports: 4
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x 1000Base-X
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x 1000Base-X Network
Media & Performance
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 1000Base-X
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: Gigabit Ethernet
- Status Indicators: Link/activity
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots: 4 (total) / 4 (free) x SFP
- Compatible Slots: 1 x expansion slot
- Operating temperature: -5 to 45°C up to 5000ft elevation, -5 to 40°C up to 10000ft elevation
- Storage temperature: -40 to 70°C
- Relative humidity operating, noncondensing: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity non-operating, noncondensing: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- Operating altitude: 10,000 ft. (3000m)
- Storage altitude: 15,000 ft. (4750
- Cisco Catalyst 3560X-24P/L/S and 3560X-48P/L/S: These are 24- and 48-port switches with PoE (Power over Ethernet) capability, which allows them to power connected devices such as IP phones and wireless access points.
- Cisco Catalyst 3560X-24T/L/S and 3560X-48T/L/S: These are 24- and 48-port switches with RJ-45 connectors for connecting devices via Ethernet cables.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750X-12S/E/S: This is a 12-port switch with SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) uplinks, which can be used to connect to other network devices or to fiber optic cabling.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750X-24P/L/S and 3750X-48P/L/S: These are 24- and 48-port switches with PoE capability.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750X-24S/E/S and 3750X-48S/E/S: These are 24- and 48-port switches with SFP+ uplinks, which provide higher bandwidth than SFP uplinks.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750X-24T/L/S and 3750X-48T/L/S: These are 24- and 48-port switches with RJ-45 connectors.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750X-48PF/L/S and 3750X-48P/L/S: These are 48-port switches with PoE capability, but the "PF" version provides higher power output for devices that require more power.
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C3KX-NM-1G at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.