Performance of Cisco Network Module
A Cisco network module is a type of expansion module that can be added to a Cisco networking device, such as a router or switch, to provide additional connectivity or functionality. Cisco offers a wide range of network modules for different applications, including modules for adding additional Ethernet ports, fiber optic ports, WAN connectivity options, and other types of interfaces. Network modules are typically installed in expansion slots on the networking device, and may require additional configuration to integrate with the device and the network. Network modules can be a convenient way to add additional connectivity or functionality to a Cisco networking device without having to replace the entire device.
Supporting Multiple VLANs
The C3KX-NM-1G= Cisco 4 Ports Gigabit Ethernet Network Module is a network expansion module that can be added to certain Cisco Catalyst switches, such as the 3560-X and 3750-X series switches, to increase their connectivity options. This module provides four additional Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used for various networking purposes, including supporting multiple VLANs.
VLANs, or virtual LANs, are a way of segmenting a physical network into logical networks, which can be isolated from each other to improve security and network performance. With the C3KX-NM-1G= module, it is possible to configure each of the four Gigabit Ethernet ports to belong to a different VLAN, allowing multiple VLANs to be supported on the same switch.
To configure multiple VLANs on the C3KX-NM-1G= module, you would need to perform the following steps:
- Configure the VLANs on the switch: Before you can assign the Gigabit Ethernet ports to specific VLANs, you need to create the VLANs themselves on the switch. This can typically be done through the switch's command-line interface (CLI) or graphical user interface (GUI).
- Assign the ports to the VLANs: Once the VLANs are created, you can assign the Gigabit Ethernet ports on the C3KX-NM-1G= module to specific VLANs. This can also be done through the switch's CLI or GUI.
- Configure VLAN trunks: If you want to allow traffic from multiple VLANs to flow between switches or other network devices, you may need to configure VLAN trunks. A VLAN trunk is a link that carries traffic from multiple VLANs using a special protocol, such as IEEE 802.1Q.
By following these steps, you can configure the C3KX-NM-1G= module to support multiple VLANs on your Cisco switch. This can help you better organize your network and improve security and performance by isolating different types of traffic.
Network design considerations
The C3KX-NM-1G= is a network module designed for use with Cisco Catalyst 3K-X series switches. It provides four additional Gigabit Ethernet ports to the switch, expanding its connectivity options. When designing a network with the C3KX-NM-1G= module, there are several considerations to keep in mind:
- Bandwidth requirements: The C3KX-NM-1G= module provides four Gigabit Ethernet ports, each capable of delivering up to 1 Gbps of bandwidth. When designing a network with this module, it is important to consider the bandwidth requirements of the connected devices and applications to ensure that the network can handle the required traffic.
- Port configuration: The C3KX-NM-1G= module provides four ports, but these ports can be configured in different ways depending on the needs of the network. For example, the ports can be configured as access ports, trunk ports, or EtherChannels. The configuration will depend on the specific requirements of the network.
- Power requirements: The C3KX-NM-1G= module requires power from the switch in order to operate. When designing a network with this module, it is important to ensure that the switch has sufficient power to support the module and any other connected devices.
- Physical space: The C3KX-NM-1G= module is a physical component that must be installed in the switch. When designing a network, it is important to consider the physical space available in the switch and ensure that the module can be installed without interfering with other components.
- Network topology: The C3KX-NM-1G= module can be used to expand the connectivity options of a network. When designing a network with this module, it is important to consider the network topology and how the module will fit into the overall design. For example, the module could be used to create a redundant network path or to connect devices in different locations.
General Information about this Cisco C3KX-NM-1G=
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# C3KX-NM-1G=
- Product Type: Network Module
Technical Information of Network Module
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
Interfaces/Ports of 4 Ports Module
- Total Number of Ports: 4
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x 1000Base-X
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x 1000Base-X Network
Media & Performance
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 1000Base-X
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: Gigabit Ethernet
- Status Indicators: Link/activity
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots: 4 (total) / 4 (free) x SFP
- Compatible Slots: 1 x expansion slot
- Operating temperature: -5 to 45°C up to 5000ft elevation, -5 to 40°C up to 10000ft elevation
- Storage temperature: -40 to 70°C
- Relative humidity operating, noncondensing: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity non-operating, noncondensing: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- Operating altitude: 10,000 ft. (3000m)
- Storage altitude: 15,000 ft. (4750
- Cisco Catalyst 3560X-24P-L, 3560X-24P-S, 3560X-24T-L, 3560X-24T-S, 3560X-48PF-L, 3560X-48PF-S, 3560X-48P-L, 3560X-48P-S, 3560X-48T-L, 3560X-48T-S, 3750X-12S-E, 3750X-12S-S, 3750X-24P-L, 3750X-24P-S, 3750X-24S-E, 3750X-24S-S, 3750X-24T-L, 3750X-24T-S, 3750X-48PF-L, 3750X-48PF-S, 3750X-48P-L, 3750X-48P-S, 3750X-48T-L, 3750X-48T-S
About Refurbished Products
The network interface module integrates state-of-the-art designs with different hardware and software components for a completely flexible subsystem. The modules can work on several interfaces, and they are compatible with a wide range of networking devices. They provide services for the processing of events and access from related devices.
The network module can also run on central servers, depending on network availability and resilience. Users can also distribute most of the module options to different sites for extra system resilience.
They help connect and transfer data between networking devices and the central server or controller. An ethernet cable and IP/TCP are employed for effective connection.
They deliver a great level of flexibility in deployment in data centers, branch offices, service providers, and more. Their integration into different switch and router families is seamless while offering quality and cost-effective solutions.
The network module options include tools that help manage and provide network nodes. The tools also assist in designing policies for applications. Users can configure the application policies in various sequences as needed. Software development kits and API are also available to enable flexibility of extension to custom environments.
A wide range of network interface modules is available for use. These include the management modules, which help to control and monitor network communications. This range of products also provides users with more comprehensive remote monitoring and efficient configuration functions for real-time management.
The voice WAN Card is a flexible solution that supports multiple voices and data applications. This facilitates the movement of channelled voice and data for simplified deployment, sparing, and management.
The fabric module delivers value and offers support for advanced network connection. It enables enhanced network services without compromising performance. There are durable options that deliver outstanding bandwidth as well as improved performance and advanced services. These options are available in a wide range of port options ranging from 1 port to 20 ports and more.
Another reliable network module is the firewall. The firewall helps users filter the traffic that enters and leaves their private networks. Thus, there's adequate protection from viruses, hackers, and other threats. Firewalls are easy to use, often coming with only two options to allow or disallow network access. Therefore, users can be sure of the security of sensitive operational data.
Other networks accessories ensure fast and effective transmission of data over the network. Some options transmit up to 40 Gigabit of data per second. Many options also work with a 10-100-1000 Mbps network for versatile business and personal use. These are robust, durable, and efficient network interface module options that users can only get at AllHDD.
Network Module Key Features
- Controls the controllers at a single network site or across multiple network sites
- Retains a subset of databases that are relevant to the network site being controlled
- Communicates with the central server to discover and correct networking issues
- Air-cooled with no moving parts for improved reliability and durability during application
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C3KX-NM-1G= at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Network Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.