Key Features of Rack-mountable Switch
The C9300-48UN-EDU Cisco Catalyst 9300 K12 48-port managed switch is designed for educational institutions, and it includes various features to support those specific needs. Some key features of the switch include:
- 48 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet ports for connecting devices such as computers, servers, and printers
- 2 x 10Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting high-speed servers or uplinks to other network devices
- Support for Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) to reduce power consumption when the switch is not transmitting or receiving data
- Support for Cisco StackPower technology which allows power stacking of multiple switches in order to share power among them
- Support for Cisco Smartports technology to simplify switch configuration and management
- Support for Cisco DNA Advantage, which provides advanced security, network automation, and analytics
- Support for Cisco SD-Access, which provides segmentation and automation of access control policy
- Support for Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) which provides network access control, policy enforcement, and threat defense
- Support for IPv6
- Support for Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize network traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need
- Support for Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to bundle multiple ports together for increased bandwidth and redundancy
- Support for VLANs to segment the network and improve security and performance
- Support for Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) to prevent loops and ensure a stable network.
It is important to note that, this switch is a model specifically designed for educational institutions, and it may not be suitable for other types of organizations. It is always best to check with the manufacturer to see if the switch meets the specific requirements of your network.
More Specifications of Catalyst Layer 3 Switch
The C9300-48UN-EDU Cisco Catalyst 9300 K-12 48-port managed switch is a powerful, high-performance switch designed for use in K-12 educational environments. Some additional specifications include:
- Switching capacity of up to 1.44 Tbps
- Forwarding rate of up to 1.08 Bpps
- 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with PoE+ and 4 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Support for Cisco DNA Advantage, which provides network insights, network automation, and security
- Support for Cisco SD-Access, which enables network segmentation and automation of access control policy
- Support for Cisco TrustSec, which provides identity-based access control and data confidentiality
- Support for Cisco Umbrella for cloud-delivered security
- Support for Cisco Meraki Dashboard, which allows for easy switch management and monitoring
- Support for Cisco DNA Center, which provides a single pane of glass for network management
- Support for Cisco Smart Net Total Care, which provides proactive monitoring and troubleshooting
It is important to note that the C9300-48UN-EDU is specially built to cater the needs of K-12 education, it comes with additional software and functionalities that are tailored to the needs of this type of environments. It is always best to check with the manufacturer to see if the switch meets the specific requirements of your network and to see if there are any special licensing, support or warranty options available for education customers.
Security and Access Control
The C9300-48UN-EDU Cisco Catalyst 9300 K12 48-port managed switch is a specialized version of the C9300-48UN, designed for the education market, it includes various security and access control features to help protect the network from unauthorized access and attacks. Some of the key security features include:
- IEEE 802.1X port-based authentication to control access to the network based on user credentials
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) to provide network access control, policy enforcement, and threat defense
- Cisco Software-Defined Access (SD-Access) to provide segmentation and automation of access control policy
- Cisco Stealthwatch to provide network visibility and threat detection
- Encryption and VPN support for secure remote access
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) to restrict access to specific network resources based on IP address, protocol, and port number
- Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) to detect and prevent malware infections
- Cisco TrustSec security to provide identity-based access control and data confidentiality
Additionally, the switch supports various security management and monitoring tools such as Cisco DNA Center, which can help organizations to detect and respond to security threats in real-time.
It is important to note that, the C9300-48UN-EDU is a specialized version of the C9300-48UN and it is best to check with the manufacturer for any specific security or access control features that might be included or not.
Main Information about this Cisco C9300-48UN-EDU
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU # C9300-48UN-EDU
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces / Ports of Manageable Switch
- Total Number of Network Port:s 48
- Uplink Port Yes
- Modular Yes
- Stack Port Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 1 x Uplink
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 48 x 5 Gigabit Ethernet Network
Performance of 48 Ports Switch Module
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology 5 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 5GBase-T
I/O Expansions of Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 1
- Expansion Slot Type Uplink Module
- Layer Supported 3
- Manageable Yes
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Supported Yes
Dimensions & Weight
- Compatible Rack Unit 1U
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 1.7 Inch
- Width 17.5 Inch
- Depth 19.1 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 20.05 Lbs
- Package Contents-
- Catalyst C9300-48UN Ethernet Switch
- 1 x Power Supply
- 3 x Field-Replaceable Fans
- Environmentally Friendly Yes
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.