Performance benchmarks of the Catalyst Network Module
The C9300-NM-2Q is a network module designed for use with the Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches. It is a 2-slot module that provides two 40 Gigabit Ethernet (40G) ports for high-speed connectivity.
Performance benchmarks for the C9300-NM-2Q module can vary depending on a number of factors, including the configuration of the switch, the type of traffic being transmitted, and the overall network environment. However, Cisco provides some general performance specifications for the module that can be used as a baseline.
According to Cisco, the C9300-NM-2Q module has a forwarding bandwidth of up to 160 Gbps (80 Gbps per slot) and a maximum packet forwarding rate of 238 million packets per second (Mpps). These specifications indicate that the module is capable of high-speed, low-latency packet forwarding, which is essential for demanding enterprise and data center applications.
In addition to these specifications, Cisco also provides information on the power consumption and heat dissipation of the C9300-NM-2Q module. The module has a maximum power consumption of 100 Watts (W) and a typical power consumption of 84 W. It also has a maximum heat dissipation of 341 BTU per hour (BTU/hr) and a typical heat dissipation of 287 BTU/hr. These specifications can be useful for network administrators who need to plan for power and cooling requirements in their data center or network environment.
Future developments and upgrades
The C9300-NM-2Q Cisco Catalyst 2 Slots 40 Gigabit Ethernet Network Module is a high-performance network module that is designed to provide high-speed connectivity to your network. As a cutting-edge technology product, it is constantly being updated and upgraded with new features and capabilities. Some potential future developments and upgrades for this module could include:
- Increased Bandwidth: As the demand for higher bandwidth continues to increase, there may be an upgrade to this module to support even faster speeds, such as 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) or higher.
- Enhanced Security: The C9300-NM-2Q module already supports advanced security features like MACsec encryption, but there is always room for improvement. Future upgrades could include additional security features like Network Access Control (NAC) or Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) capabilities.
- Improved Power Efficiency: Power consumption is always a concern in networking equipment, and there may be future upgrades to the C9300-NM-2Q module to improve its energy efficiency and reduce its carbon footprint.
- Support for New Protocols: The networking industry is constantly evolving, and new protocols and standards are developed all the time. Future upgrades to this module could include support for emerging technologies like Software-Defined Networking (SDN) or Internet of Things (IoT) protocols.
- Advanced Management Capabilities: As networks become more complex, it is essential to have advanced management capabilities to monitor and control the network effectively. Future upgrades to this module could include enhanced management capabilities, such as advanced analytics or automated configuration and provisioning.
Power Consumption of 2 Slots Module
The Cisco Catalyst C9300-NM-2Q network module is designed to expand the connectivity of the Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches by providing two additional 40 Gigabit Ethernet (40G) QSFP+ ports. These ports can be used to connect the switch to other switches, routers, servers, or storage devices at high speeds, making it ideal for high-performance data center and campus network environments.
Power consumption is an important consideration when evaluating network modules, as it can affect the overall power consumption of the switch and the associated operating costs. The C9300-NM-2Q network module is designed to be highly energy-efficient, with a maximum power consumption of 20 watts.
This power consumption is spread across two 40G QSFP+ ports, which consume up to 10 watts each. The network module also includes a power-saving mode that can be enabled to reduce power consumption during periods of low network activity.
It is important to note that the actual power consumption of the C9300-NM-2Q network module will depend on various factors, including the configuration of the switch, the number and type of devices connected to the module, and the amount of network traffic being generated.
To ensure optimal power consumption and efficient operation, it is recommended to use Cisco-approved power supplies and cables when installing the network module. Additionally, it is important to regularly monitor power consumption and network performance to identify any potential issues and optimize the configuration as needed.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number C9300-NM-2Q
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Name Catalyst 9300 2 x 40GE Network Module, Spare
- Product Type Network Module
- Application/Usage Optical Network
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
- Ethernet Technology 40 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 40GBase-X
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
- Expansion Slot Type QSFP+
- Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C9300-NM-2Q at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.