General Information about this Cisco C9400-LC-48H
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# C9400-LC-48H
- Product Type: 48 Ports Switch
The C9400-LC-48H is a line card module designed for the Cisco Catalyst 9400 series switch. It is a high-density module that offers 48 ports of 10/100/1000/2500 Mbps speeds with Power over Ethernet (PoE+) capabilities.
Here are some of the technical specifications of the C9400-LC-48H:
- Port Density: 48 ports of 10/100/1000/2500 Mbps speeds
- PoE+ Support: Provides up to 30 watts of power per port to support PoE/PoE+ devices.
- Stacking Bandwidth: 480 Gbps (full duplex)
- Buffer Size: 12 MB per port
- Switching Capacity: 720 Gbps
- Forwarding Rate: 107.14 Mpps
- Jumbo Frame Support: Up to 9198 bytes
- MAC Address Table Size: Up to 128,000 entries
- VLAN Support: Up to 4,096 VLANs supported per line card
- Spanning Tree Protocol Support: IEEE 802.1D, 802.1w, 802.1s, and 802.1Q-in-Q
- Quality of Service (QoS) Support: IEEE 802.1p CoS, DSCP, and IP precedence
- Multicast Support: IGMPv1/v2/v3, PIM-SM/SSM/DM, and MSDP
- Security: 802.1X, MACsec, ACLs, DHCP snooping, IP source guard, and port security
- Management: SNMPv1/v2c/v3, RMON, syslog, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and Cisco Network Assistant
- Power Consumption: Maximum of 1236W with all ports at full power
Troubleshooting and Diagnostic Tools
The Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Line Card (C9400-LC-48H) is a plug-in module that provides 48 ports for connecting network devices to a Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series switch. Troubleshooting and diagnostic tools are important for identifying and resolving issues that may arise with this line card.
Here are some of the troubleshooting and diagnostic tools available for the C9400-LC-48H:
- LEDs: The line card has multiple LEDs that provide status and activity information for each port. The LEDs can help you identify connectivity and performance issues.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): The CLI is a powerful tool for configuring and troubleshooting the switch and its line cards. You can use the CLI to monitor interface status, view traffic statistics, and configure advanced features.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): SNMP is a protocol for managing and monitoring network devices. You can use SNMP to monitor the line card's performance, receive alerts when problems occur, and remotely configure the device.
- Cisco Network Assistant: Cisco Network Assistant is a software tool that provides a graphical interface for managing and monitoring Cisco network devices. You can use it to view the status of the line card, configure ports, and troubleshoot issues.
- Cisco IOS Embedded Event Manager (EEM): EEM is a scripting tool that allows you to automate tasks and respond to events on the network. You can use EEM to create scripts that monitor the line card's performance and respond to issues automatically.
- Port Analyzer (SPAN): SPAN is a feature that allows you to monitor traffic on one or more ports and send the traffic to a monitoring device. You can use SPAN to troubleshoot network issues by analyzing traffic patterns.
The Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series line card C9400-LC-48H is a 48-port switch plug-in module designed for use with the Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series modular access switches. It supports 1 Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and can be deployed in a variety of scenarios depending on the needs of the network.
Here are some deployment scenarios for the C9400-LC-48H line card:
- Access Layer Deployment: The C9400-LC-48H line card can be deployed in the access layer of a network as part of a Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series switch. In this scenario, the line card provides connectivity to end-user devices such as PCs, printers, and VoIP phones.
- Server Access Deployment: The C9400-LC-48H line card can also be deployed in the server access layer of a data center network. In this scenario, the line card provides high-density 1G or 10G connectivity to servers and storage devices.
- Aggregation Layer Deployment: The C9400-LC-48H line card can be deployed in the aggregation layer of a network as part of a Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series switch. In this scenario, the line card provides aggregation of traffic from multiple access switches, enabling the network to scale and handle higher traffic volumes.
- Core Layer Deployment: The C9400-LC-48H line card can be deployed in the core layer of a network as part of a Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series switch. In this scenario, the line card provides high-speed connectivity between different parts of the network, enabling fast data transfer and reducing latency.
- Data Center Deployment: The C9400-LC-48H line card can be deployed in a data center as part of a Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series switch. In this scenario, the line card provides high-density 1G or 10G connectivity to servers and storage devices, as well as aggregation of traffic from multiple access switches.
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.