Installation and Configuration
The CAB-SS-449MT is a serial data transfer cable designed by Cisco for use with RS 449 interfaces. Here are the steps for installing and configuring this cable:
- Determine the length of cable you need and order the appropriate length of CAB-SS-449MT cable.
- Turn off power to all devices that will be connected with the cable.
- Connect one end of the cable to the RS 449 port on one device and the other end to the RS 449 port on the other device.
- Ensure that the cable is securely connected to both devices.
- Configure the devices that will be connected with the cable to use the RS 449 interface.
- Ensure that both devices are configured to use the same communication parameters, including baud rate, data bits, stop bits, and parity.
- Test the connection by sending data between the two devices. If the connection is not working, check that the cable is properly connected and that the devices are configured correctly.
- Once the connection is working, you can begin transferring data between the two devices over the CAB-SS-449MT cable.
Design and Construction
The CAB-SS-449MT is a serial data transfer cable designed by Cisco for use with RS 449 interfaces. The design and construction of this cable are optimized for high-speed and reliable data transfer between devices. Here are some key features of the design and construction of the CAB-SS-449MT cable:
- Cable construction: The CAB-SS-449MT cable is made of high-quality copper conductors, which are optimized for high-speed data transfer. The cable is shielded to minimize electromagnetic interference and to ensure reliable signal transmission.
- Connector type: The connectors on the CAB-SS-449MT cable are DB-60 male and female connectors. These connectors are designed to provide a secure and reliable connection, with minimal signal loss.
- Cable length: The CAB-SS-449MT cable is available in various lengths to meet the needs of different applications.
- Compatibility: The cable is compatible with a wide range of devices that use RS 449 interfaces, making it a versatile solution for serial data transfer.
- Wiring configuration: The cable uses a specific wiring configuration to ensure compatibility with RS 449 interfaces. The wiring is carefully constructed to ensure proper signal transmission and minimal interference.
- Jacket material: The cable has a durable PVC jacket, which provides protection against physical damage and environmental factors such as temperature changes, moisture, and sunlight.
The CAB-SS-449MT is a type of serial data transfer cable designed by Cisco to facilitate communication between devices using the RS 449 interface. Here are some of the key differences between the CAB-SS-449MT and other types of serial data transfer cables:
- Connector Type: The CAB-SS-449MT uses RS 449 connectors, which are specifically designed for high-speed serial communication. Other types of serial data transfer cables may use different types of connectors, such as DB-9 or DB-25 connectors.
- Cable Length: The length of the CAB-SS-449MT cable can vary, depending on the needs of the user. Other types of serial data transfer cables may also come in different lengths.
- Data Rate: The CAB-SS-449MT is capable of supporting high-speed data transfer rates, up to 10 Mbps. Other types of serial data transfer cables may have lower data transfer rates.
- Interface Compatibility: The CAB-SS-449MT is designed specifically for use with RS 449 interfaces. Other types of serial data transfer cables may be designed for use with other types of interfaces, such as RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485.
- Signal Integrity: The CAB-SS-449MT is designed to provide high-quality signal integrity, with low levels of noise and signal loss. Other types of serial data transfer cables may have lower signal integrity, which can affect the reliability of the communication between devices.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: CAB-SS-449MT
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Type: Data Transfer Cable
- Cable Type: Serial
- Cable Length: 10 ft
- Connector on First End: 1 x 26-pin DB-26 Male RS-449 Serial
- Connector on Second End: 1 x 37-pin DB-37 Male RS-449 Serial
- Device Supported: Network Device
About Refurbished Products
Serial cables are mostly used for data transfer between two devices using a serial communication protocol. The type of connectors at the ends of these cables depends on the specific applications. Because of that, there are different types of serial cables in the market. That means you need to pay close attention to the connector type before making any purchase.
What is the Maximum Serial Cable Length?
There is no straightforward answer to this question because there are different factors you have to consider. The first one is the characteristics of your signal transmitter and receiver. Secondly, you have to consider the baud rate and electrical characteristics such as impedance and capacitance. All these factors influence the distance that the signal travels. And if unnecessarily long cables are used, the signal can be lost.
DTE to DCE Serial Cables
The DTE and DCE are acronyms for data terminal equipment and data communication equipment, respectively. The cables have a 9-25 pin connector on one end and a 25-25 pin connector on the other end. They are usually used for interfacing computers and modem cards where the computer is the DTE and the modem card the DCE.
Null-Modem Serial Cables
This involves the use of a null-modem configuration where two DTE devices are connected together. Three main types of null-modem cables exist depending on the pin connectors. You can find 9-9, 9-25, or 25-25 pin connectors. This configuration requires a null-modem adapter.
Other Serial Cable Types
Apart from the serial cables mentioned, there is also another category DCE to Smart Serial and DTE to Smart Serial cables. You can also find an ethernet to USB serial cable for specialized applications. If you need any of these cable types, then you can contact us at ALLHDD. We have up to 10 feet serial cable for your application.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.