Flexibility and Ease of Installation
The CAB-SS-V35FC is a Cisco V.35 serial DCE female to Smart serial cable designed for connecting Cisco networking devices such as routers and switches to V.35 serial interfaces. In terms of flexibility and ease of installation, the cable offers several benefits:
- Compatibility: The CAB-SS-V35FC cable is compatible with a wide range of Cisco networking devices that have V.35 serial interfaces, making it a versatile cable that can be used in various networking configurations.
- Length: The cable is available in different lengths, providing flexibility in terms of how far apart the connected devices can be.
- Ease of installation: The CAB-SS-V35FC cable is designed for easy installation. It features a DCE female connector on one end and a Smart serial connector on the other end, making it easy to plug and play without requiring any configuration or setup.
- Reliability: The cable is made of high-quality materials and is built to withstand the rigors of networking environments. This ensures that it delivers a reliable connection with minimal downtime.
Configuring the Networking Devices
The CAB-SS-V35FC is a Cisco V.35 serial DCE female to Smart serial cable that is used to connect networking devices with V.35 serial interfaces. When configuring the networking devices to use the cable, the following steps can be taken:
- Identify the devices: Identify the networking devices that need to be connected using the CAB-SS-V35FC cable. Ensure that both devices have V.35 serial interfaces and are compatible with the cable.
- Connect the cable: Connect the CAB-SS-V35FC cable to the V.35 serial interface of the first device and the Smart serial interface of the second device.
- Configure the devices: Configure the networking devices to use the CAB-SS-V35FC cable for communication. This typically involves configuring the serial interface settings on each device to ensure that they are compatible with each other.
- Test the connection: Once the devices are configured, test the connection to ensure that data can be transmitted successfully between the two devices.
Depending on the networking devices being used, additional steps may be required to configure the devices properly. It is recommended to consult the documentation and guidelines provided by the manufacturer to ensure that the devices are configured correctly and that the cable is used in a manner that is compatible with the devices being connected.
Cable Length and Distance Support
The CAB-SS-V35FC is a Cisco cable used to connect networking devices with V.35 serial interfaces. The cable is designed to connect a DCE (Data Communications Equipment) device to a smart serial interface on a Cisco router or switch.
The length and distance support of the CAB-SS-V35FC cable depend on the type of V.35 interface it is connecting and the transmission speed used. Generally, the maximum distance for V.35 transmission is limited to a few hundred meters due to the signal attenuation over long cable runs. However, the exact distance and length support may vary depending on the equipment being connected and the cable quality.
It is important to note that the length of the cable can impact the signal quality and cause signal degradation over longer cable runs. In some cases, signal repeaters or signal amplifiers may be required to maintain signal quality over long distances.
The CAB-SS-V35FC cable is available in different lengths, typically ranging from 3 feet to 10 feet, although longer lengths may be available from some vendors. It is always recommended to use the shortest cable length possible to minimize signal loss and ensure proper signal transmission.
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number: CAB-SS-V35FC
- Product Name: Smart Serial Cable
- Product Type: Network Cable
- Cable Type: Proprietary/Serial
- Cable Length: 10 ft
- Connector on First End: Female V.35 Proprietary Connector
- Connector on Second End: 26-pin Male Serial
- Conductor: Copper
About New Bulk Pack Products
Serial cables are mostly used for data transfer between two devices using a serial communication protocol. The type of connectors at the ends of these cables depends on the specific applications. Because of that, there are different types of serial cables in the market. That means you need to pay close attention to the connector type before making any purchase.
What is the Maximum Serial Cable Length?
There is no straightforward answer to this question because there are different factors you have to consider. The first one is the characteristics of your signal transmitter and receiver. Secondly, you have to consider the baud rate and electrical characteristics such as impedance and capacitance. All these factors influence the distance that the signal travels. And if unnecessarily long cables are used, the signal can be lost.
DTE to DCE Serial Cables
The DTE and DCE are acronyms for data terminal equipment and data communication equipment, respectively. The cables have a 9-25 pin connector on one end and a 25-25 pin connector on the other end. They are usually used for interfacing computers and modem cards where the computer is the DTE and the modem card the DCE.
Null-Modem Serial Cables
This involves the use of a null-modem configuration where two DTE devices are connected together. Three main types of null-modem cables exist depending on the pin connectors. You can find 9-9, 9-25, or 25-25 pin connectors. This configuration requires a null-modem adapter.
Other Serial Cable Types
Apart from the serial cables mentioned, there is also another category DCE to Smart Serial and DTE to Smart Serial cables. You can also find an ethernet to USB serial cable for specialized applications. If you need any of these cable types, then you can contact us at ALLHDD. We have up to 10 feet serial cable for your application.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CAB-SS-V35FC at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.