Design and Construction
The CAB-SS-X21MT is a 10-feet data transfer cable from Cisco, designed to transfer data between X.21 interfaces. Here is an overview of the design and construction of this cable:
- Connectors: The cable has two connectors on either end, both male, designed to connect to X.21 interfaces. The connectors are made of high-quality materials to ensure durability and longevity.
- Cable shielding: The cable is shielded to reduce interference and improve the quality of the data transfer. The shielding also helps to protect against electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI).
- Cable jacket: The jacket is made of a high-quality, flexible material that is designed to withstand wear and tear. The jacket is also resistant to temperature changes and other environmental factors that can affect the performance of the cable.
- Cable length: The cable is 10 feet long, which makes it suitable for use in a variety of settings. The length of the cable ensures that it can be used to connect devices that are located some distance apart.
- Data transfer rate: The cable is capable of transmitting data at high speeds, up to 10 Mbps. This makes it suitable for use in applications where fast data transfer is necessary.
The CAB-SS-X21MT is a Cisco 10-feet data transfer cable that is designed to transfer data between X.21 interfaces. Here are some differences between this cable and other similar cables:
- Connector type: The CAB-SS-X21MT has two male X.21 connectors on either end of the cable, whereas other cables may have different types of connectors, such as DB-9 or DB-25 connectors.
- Cable length: The CAB-SS-X21MT is 10 feet long, which makes it suitable for use in a variety of settings. However, other cables may be shorter or longer, depending on the specific needs of the user.
- Data transfer rate: The CAB-SS-X21MT is capable of transferring data at speeds up to 10 Mbps. However, other cables may have different data transfer rates, depending on their design and construction.
- Cable shielding: The CAB-SS-X21MT is shielded to reduce interference and improve the quality of the data transfer. However, other cables may not be shielded, which can affect their performance in environments with high levels of electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI).
- Cable jacket: The CAB-SS-X21MT has a flexible cable jacket that is designed to withstand wear and tear. Other cables may have different types of jackets, such as PVC or plenum-rated jackets, depending on their intended use.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
The CAB-SS-X21MT is a Cisco data transfer cable used to connect routers, switches, and other network devices with X.21 interfaces. Like any other hardware, this cable may encounter problems that affect its functionality. Some common issues and their troubleshooting methods are as follows:
- Loose or disconnected connections: Check that the connectors on both ends of the cable are firmly connected. If they are loose, try reinserting them and make sure they click into place.
- Bent or broken pins: Inspect the connectors and ensure that none of the pins are bent or broken. If you notice any damage, you may need to replace the cable.
- Faulty cable: If the cable is damaged or worn out, it may not work properly. Try using a different cable to see if the problem is resolved.
- Compatibility issues: Ensure that the cable is compatible with your network devices. Check the documentation or contact Cisco support to confirm compatibility.
- Incorrect configuration: Check that the cable is properly configured on both ends. Verify the settings for speed, clocking, and other parameters.
- Software issues: Sometimes, the problem may not be with the cable itself, but with the software or firmware on your devices. Ensure that your devices are running the latest software and firmware versions.
- Environmental factors: Electrical interference or other environmental factors can also cause issues with the cable. Try moving the cable to a different location or shielding it from interference sources.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: CAB-SS-X21MT
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Name: Serial Cable
- Product Type: Data Transfer Cable
- Cable Type: Serial
- Cable Length: 9.84 ft
- Connector on First End: 1 x 15-pin DB-15 Male
- Connector on Second End: 1 x 50-pin DB-50 Male
- Conductor: Copper
About Refurbished Products
Serial cables are mostly used for data transfer between two devices using a serial communication protocol. The type of connectors at the ends of these cables depends on the specific applications. Because of that, there are different types of serial cables in the market. That means you need to pay close attention to the connector type before making any purchase.
What is the Maximum Serial Cable Length?
There is no straightforward answer to this question because there are different factors you have to consider. The first one is the characteristics of your signal transmitter and receiver. Secondly, you have to consider the baud rate and electrical characteristics such as impedance and capacitance. All these factors influence the distance that the signal travels. And if unnecessarily long cables are used, the signal can be lost.
DTE to DCE Serial Cables
The DTE and DCE are acronyms for data terminal equipment and data communication equipment, respectively. The cables have a 9-25 pin connector on one end and a 25-25 pin connector on the other end. They are usually used for interfacing computers and modem cards where the computer is the DTE and the modem card the DCE.
Null-Modem Serial Cables
This involves the use of a null-modem configuration where two DTE devices are connected together. Three main types of null-modem cables exist depending on the pin connectors. You can find 9-9, 9-25, or 25-25 pin connectors. This configuration requires a null-modem adapter.
Other Serial Cable Types
Apart from the serial cables mentioned, there is also another category DCE to Smart Serial and DTE to Smart Serial cables. You can also find an ethernet to USB serial cable for specialized applications. If you need any of these cable types, then you can contact us at ALLHDD. We have up to 10 feet serial cable for your application.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.