Easy Installation and Management
Easy Installation of the CBS350-16FP-2G Cisco 350 Series 16 Ports Layer 2 Managed Switch involves connecting the switch to a power source and connecting the switch to your network. Once connected, you can access the switch's web-based graphical user interface (GUI) using a web browser by typing the switch's IP address into the address bar. This will allow you to configure the switch's basic settings such as IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway. You can also configure advanced settings such as VLANs, Quality of Service (QoS), and security options through the GUI.
Easy Management of the CBS350-16FP-2G Cisco 350 Series 16 Ports Layer 2 Managed Switch can be done through the web-based GUI or through a command-line interface (CLI) using a console or Telnet connection. The switch supports Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) for easy device discovery and management. The switch can also be managed remotely, allowing you to monitor and configure the switch from a remote location. Firmware updates can also be performed via the GUI or CLI.
Additionally, you can monitor the switch's performance and troubleshoot issues using the built-in monitoring and diagnostic tools such as SNMP, syslog and RMON. The switch also supports Cisco EnergyWise technology that helps you monitor and manage power consumption of the switch.
Power Options and Redundancy
The CBS350-16FP-2G Cisco 350 Series 16 Ports Layer 2 Managed Switch supports several power options to provide flexibility and redundancy.
The switch has an internal power supply, which is designed to work with a wide range of AC voltage inputs (100-240V). This allows the switch to be deployed in different locations and environments.
The switch also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) on certain ports, which allows it to power devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and cameras directly over the Ethernet cable. This eliminates the need for additional power sources for these devices.
For redundancy, the switch supports the Cisco StackPower technology, which allows you to share power between multiple switches. This allows you to create a redundant power supply that can automatically take over in case of a power failure.
Additionally, the switch supports RPS(Redundant Power System) to provide redundancy in case of internal power supply failure. By connecting the switch to an RPS, the switch automatically switches to the RPS power source in case of internal power supply failure, ensuring that the switch continues to operate without interruption.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The CBS350-16FP-2G Cisco 350 Series 16 Ports Layer 2 Managed Switch supports Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities to help ensure that network traffic is handled in a way that meets the needs of different types of applications and users.
The switch supports a variety of QoS features, including:
- Traffic classification: The switch can classify traffic based on a variety of criteria, such as IP address, port number, and Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) values.
- Queuing: The switch can use different queuing mechanisms, such as priority queuing and weighted fair queuing, to ensure that important traffic is handled with a higher priority than less important traffic.
- Shaping and policing: The switch can shape and police traffic to control the rate of traffic entering or leaving a particular interface.
- Traffic conditioning: The switch can use techniques such as marking, remarking, and shaping to condition traffic before it is forwarded to its destination.
- Congestion management: The switch can use techniques such as tail drop and random early detection (RED) to manage congestion and prevent network bottlenecks.
Additionally, the switch supports Quality of Service (QoS) based on Layer 2 and Layer 3, allowing you to prioritize traffic based on MAC address, IP address, TCP/UDP port, and DSCP. You can also apply QoS policies to the entire switch or to specific ports, VLANs or interfaces.
General Information about this Cisco CBS350-16FP-2G
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# CBS350-16FP-2G
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 16 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 18
- Uplink Port: Yes
- Modular: Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 16 x Gigabit Ethernet PoE+
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance of Ethernet Switch
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 1000Base-T
- Network Technology: 1000Base-X
I/O Expansions for Managed Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Shared SFP Slot: No
- Number of SFP Slots: 2
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
- Power Description
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: Yes
- PoE Budget: 240 W
- Power Source: PoE+
- Power Source: AC Adapter
- Power Consumption: 26.68 W
- package Contents:
- Power Cord
- Power Adapter
- Mounting Kit
- Quick Start Guide
- environmentally Friendly: Yes
- environmental Certification: Weee
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Routing Protocol IGMP, policy-based routing (PBR), CIDR
- Remote Management Protocol : SNMP 1, RMON, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, SSH, SSH-2, ICMP
- DHCP support, ARP support, VLAN support, DoS attack prevention, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support,
- DHCP snooping, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), RADIUS support, DHCP server, Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI),
- Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+), STP Root Guard, Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD), Rapid Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVRST+), fanless, Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR),
- Dynamic VLAN Support (GVRP), Type of Service (ToS), Storm Control, IP source guard, Bridge protocol data unit (BPDU),
- Voice VLAN, Secure Core Technology (SCT), LLDP-MED, IP/Mac/Port Binding (IPMB), Secure Sensitive Data (SSD), Private VLAN, ISATAP tunnel support, STP loop guard, Weighted Round Robin (WRR), multiple tag protocol identifiers (TPID)
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3x,
- IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.3an, IEEE 802.3at,
- IEEE 802.3az
Dimensions & Weight
- Width : 10.6 in
- Depth : 12.1 in
- Height : 1.7 in
- Weight : 5.49 lbs
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.