Advanced Security Features
The CISCO2821-HSEC/K9 Cisco 2821 Security Bundle With IOS Advancce Security and AIM-VPN-EPII-Plus includes a range of advanced security features that are designed to protect networks from a variety of threats. Some of the key features of this bundle include:
- Firewall and VPN capabilities: The IOS Firewall, IOS IPS, and IOS VPN features provide a comprehensive security solution for protecting networks from external threats. The firewall feature can block unauthorized access and control the flow of traffic in and out of the network, while the IPS feature can detect and prevent a variety of security attacks. The VPN feature allows for secure, remote access to the network.
- Encryption: The bundle supports a variety of encryption protocols, including AES and 3DES, to ensure that data is kept secure as it travels across the network.
- Advanced routing protocols: The bundle supports advanced routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP, which are designed to provide fast and efficient routing of network traffic.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The bundle supports advanced QoS features, which allow for the prioritization of different types of network traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that they are delivered with the necessary quality and reliability.
- Management and monitoring: The bundle supports advanced management and monitoring features such as SNMP and NetFlow, which allow for detailed monitoring and management of network performance and security.
- Hardware-accelerated encryption: The AIM-VPN-EPII-Plus module provides hardware-accelerated encryption for VPN connections, which allows for higher performance and throughput compared to software-based encryption.
Routing Protocols and Configuration
The CISCO2821-HSEC/K9 Cisco 2821 Security Bundle With IOS Advancce Security and AIM-VPN-EPII-Plus supports a variety of routing protocols, including OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) and BGP (Border Gateway Protocol). These protocols are used to determine the best path for data to travel through a network, and are typically configured on routers to ensure that data is delivered efficiently and reliably.
OSPF is a link state routing protocol that is used within a single autonomous system (AS). It uses a link state database to store information about the network's topology, and uses the shortest path first algorithm to determine the best path for data to travel. OSPF is typically used in enterprise networks or service provider networks.
BGP is a path vector routing protocol that is used to exchange routing information between routers in different autonomous systems (AS). It uses a path vector algorithm to determine the best path for data to travel. BGP is typically used in large enterprise networks or service provider networks.
To configure OSPF or BGP on the CISCO2821-HSEC/K9 Cisco 2821 Security Bundle With IOS Advancce Security and AIM-VPN-EPII-Plus, you will need to use the command-line interface (CLI) of the router. The specific commands and configuration steps will depend on the version of IOS that is running on the router, as well as the specific requirements of your network. Generally, you will need to configure the router's interfaces, create a routing process, and configure the router's neighbors and networks.
Management of Network Bandwidth
The Cisco 2821 Security Bundle with IOS Advanced Security and AIM-VPN-EPII-Plus provides several features for managing network bandwidth. One key feature is Quality of Service (QoS), which allows you to control and prioritize different types of traffic on your network. For example, you can assign higher priority to time-sensitive traffic like VoIP or video streaming, and lower priority to less critical traffic like file downloads.
Another feature for managing bandwidth is Access Control Lists (ACLs), which allow you to set rules for controlling traffic based on various criteria such as IP address, port number, and protocol. This allows you to block or limit certain types of traffic to ensure that important traffic gets the bandwidth it needs.
The Cisco 2821 Security Bundle also includes the ability to configure Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections. VPNs allow you to securely connect remote users or sites to your network over the internet, and you can use VPNs to manage bandwidth by allocating specific amounts of bandwidth to specific VPN connections.
Additionally, the AIM-VPN-EPII-Plus module provides advanced encryption capabilities that can be used to protect sensitive data. The module support site-to-site and remote access VPNs, and also includes support for various encryption algorithms, including AES and 3DES.
To effectively manage bandwidth with the Cisco 2821 Security Bundle, it is important to thoroughly review the documentation and configure the device according to your specific network requirements. Properly configuring QoS, ACLs, and VPNs can help ensure that your network has the necessary bandwidth to support your critical applications and services.
- Manufacturer Part Number CISCO2821-HSEC/K9
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Series 2800
- Product Model 2821
- Product Name 2821 Security Bundle with IOS Advanced IP Services Image
- Product Type Router
Interfaces / Ports
- Total Number of Ports 2
- USB Yes
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 2
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 9
- Expansion Slot Type NME
- Expansion Slot Type VIC/WIC
- Expansion Slot Type HWIC
Network & Communication
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- VoIP Supported Yes
Management & Protocols
- Security Features -
- 128/192/256-bit AES
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- URL Filtering
- Standard Memory 256 MB
- Maximum Memory 1 GB
- Memory Technology DRAM
- Flash Memory 64 MB
- Memory Card Supported CompactFlash (CF) Card
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
Please contact us over the phone or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the estimated time of arrival for any "lead time required" item.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.