Network Connectivity and Management
The CIVS-IPC-3520 Cisco Video Surveillance 3520 IP Network Dome Camera is a network-based video surveillance device that uses IP (Internet Protocol) to connect and transmit video data over a network. It is designed to provide high-quality, real-time video monitoring and recording of indoor and outdoor environments.
The camera has built-in Ethernet connectivity, which enables it to be connected to a local area network (LAN) or a wide area network (WAN) for remote access and monitoring. It supports both wired and wireless connectivity options, and can be easily configured through a web browser interface.
Network connectivity and management of the CIVS-IPC-3520 camera is critical for ensuring the reliability and performance of the video surveillance system. This includes:
- Network Configuration: The camera must be properly configured with the correct IP address, subnet mask, and gateway settings. This information can be entered through the web browser interface or by using a network management tool such as Cisco Network Assistant.
- Security: The camera must be protected from unauthorized access and hacking attempts by using security features such as password protection, network firewalls, and encryption.
- Video Streaming: The camera must be configured to optimize the video streaming performance over the network, including video quality, frame rate, and bit rate.
- Remote Monitoring: The camera can be remotely monitored and managed from a remote location through the network. This includes access to live video streams, video recordings, and device configuration settings.
- Maintenance and Upgrades: Regular software upgrades and maintenance must be performed to ensure that the camera continues to function properly and to fix any known security vulnerabilities.
In conclusion, proper network connectivity and management of the CIVS-IPC-3520 Cisco Video Surveillance 3520 IP Network Dome Camera is essential to ensure a reliable and secure video surveillance system.
Security and Access Control
CIVS-IPC-3520 Cisco Video Surveillance 3520 IP Network Dome Camera is equipped with security features to ensure the protection of your surveillance footage. The following are the security and access control features of this camera:
- Network security: The camera supports secure protocols such as HTTPS, SSH, and SFTP for secure data transmission and secure authentication.
- User management: The camera has an administrative interface that allows the creation of user accounts with varying levels of access privileges. This ensures that only authorized personnel can access the camera's settings and live feed.
- Password protection: Passwords are used to secure access to the administrative interface and ensure that only authorized personnel can make changes to the camera's settings.
- IP address filtering: The camera supports IP address filtering, which allows administrators to restrict access to the camera based on the source IP address.
- Digital watermarking: The camera supports digital watermarking, which embeds information into the video stream to verify the authenticity of the footage.
- Tamper detection: The camera has built-in tamper detection capabilities that trigger an alarm if the camera is physically interfered with.
In conclusion, the CIVS-IPC-3520 Cisco Video Surveillance 3520 IP Network Dome Camera is equipped with multiple security and access control features to ensure the protection of your surveillance footage.
Power and Environmental Requirements
The Cisco Video Surveillance 3520 IP Network Dome Camera (CIVS-IPC-3520) is a high-performance surveillance camera that requires power and environmental requirements for optimal operation. The camera requires a power supply of 12V DC, 1.5A and can be powered through the Power over Ethernet (PoE) or through an external power supply. The camera should be installed in an environment with a temperature range of 0°C to 50°C and humidity level between 20% to 80% non-condensing. The CIVS-IPC-3520 is also designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and is certified with an IP66 rating, making it suitable for outdoor installations. It is important to ensure that the camera is installed in a well-ventilated area to avoid overheating and ensure proper ventilation to prolong the lifespan of the device. By following these power and environmental requirements, the CIVS-IPC-3520 can provide reliable and high-quality surveillance footage for a secure and safe environment.
Network cameras, also referred to as Internet Protocol (IP) cameras are important tools for keeping tabs on daily activities or intruders. Everyone needs network security cameras for property surveillance purposes in our workplaces and homes.
The range of network cameras available in recent times requires IP networks that need the internet to function. IP cameras provide the power and flexibility that users may need. Unlike wired analog and HD cameras, each IP camera exists as a mode in a network.
With this feature, users can access their surveillance camera feeds anywhere they may be. This is done with a reliable internet connection, either with a mobile phone or computer. Users can connect to a central unit and monitor individual property or even review video footages which have been previously recorded.
Network cameras are more like webcams, only that webcams require a direct connection to a computer. Network surveillance has numerous CCTV video benefits, including such high-end properties as megapixel resolution, built-in video intelligence, scalability, and HD resolution.
How Network Camera Works
Network cameras work through the internet protocol(IP), which is a set of rules that govern the online transfer of data. The cameras connect to every available network in-home or workplace. That is why they are called network cameras.
The IP camera has a decentralized setup. This means that you can access each camera individually using an internet-connected phone or laptop.
You can have each security surveillance footage stored onboard storage like the memory card or choose a wireless means of having it backed up on the clouds.
Just like any other electrical appliance, network cameras need a power source to function—usually one with 12 volts of DC or 24 volts of AC power capacity. An example is the CP-CAM-C-K9 and CIVS-IPC-7530PD.
Types of Network Cameras
Users can employ their network camera for indoor and outdoor purposes. Outdoor cameras have certain mechanisms responsible for different lighting conditions without compromising the video quality.
Outdoor network cameras must be protected from weather elements. An indoor camera may also need special protection from weather conditions such as humidity, heat, and other elements that be dangerous to the camera.
There are quite a number of network cameras used for specific purposes. These types include:
The Bullet Cameras.
They are often cylindrical in form. Bullet cameras are robust and easily installed. They are situated in tight positions.
The Dome IP Cameras.
These types of security cameras are more elaborate and generally placed indoors. They are majorly used for indoor surveillance because they have varifocal lenses that allow you to zoom in on specific spots remotely.
These cameras help you to scan your environment effectively. You can manually adjust these cameras or make use of the software. This camera gives you the option to follow activities as they occur. Moving the camera when monitoring or recording comes in handy later on when there is the need to zero in on some activities. Most network cameras are built with night vision features that are accessible through infrared illuminators.
3MP IP Security Camera.
This camera delivers a high-quality resolution of about 2048 x1536 pixels. It is often used in cases where there is a need to capture a crystal-clear view. One that, if magnified, does not lose its original video quality. This camera is often powered by a Power Over Ethernet Network Video recorder).
Many network cameras are for monitoring and security purposes. Mainly to catch criminals who indulge in the act of vandalism.
Traditionally, IP cameras are installed in places where surveillance footage is considered important.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.