Maximizing Network Performance
Maximizing network performance of the CS-E300-K9 Cisco Edge 300 Ethernet switch involves optimizing the switch configuration, network infrastructure, and network monitoring to ensure that network traffic is handled efficiently and effectively. The following steps can be taken to maximize network performance:
- Configure Quality of Service (QoS) policies: Prioritize critical network traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that these applications receive the necessary bandwidth and network resources.
- Use Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): Combine multiple physical links into a single logical link to increase bandwidth and improve network redundancy.
- Implement Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) or Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP): Ensure a loop-free network topology by preventing network loops.
- Proper Switch Configuration: Ensure that the switch is configured with the appropriate settings, such as port speed and duplex, to meet the needs of the network.
- Upgrade Firmware: Keep the switch software up-to-date with the latest firmware releases, as they may include performance optimizations and bug fixes.
- Use Network Monitoring: Monitor network performance and identify potential bottlenecks using tools such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) or Cisco's Network Assurance Engine.
- Cable Management: Maintain proper cable management to prevent cable-related issues, such as kinks and twists, that can impact network performance.
Robust Security and Dynamic Quality
The CS-E300-K9 Cisco Edge 300 Ethernet 4 Ports Switch offers robust security and dynamic Quality of Service (QoS) features that help to protect your network from unauthorized access and ensure that your most important traffic is delivered with minimal delay and jitter.
- Security features: The switch supports a number of security features such as port security, DHCP snooping, and dynamic ARP inspection which can help to prevent unauthorized access to your network. Additionally, the switch supports IEEE 802.1X network login, which allows you to authenticate users and devices before granting access to the network.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The switch supports Access Control Lists (ACLs) which allow you to create rules to filter and control network traffic based on different criteria such as IP address, MAC address, and protocol. This feature can help to prevent unauthorized access to your network and protect against network threats.
- Virtual LANs (VLANs): The switch supports Virtual LANs (VLANs) which allow you to segment your network into different logical networks, providing added security and flexibility. VLANs can also be used to create different service levels for different types of traffic such as voice and data.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports Quality of Service (QoS) features such as traffic prioritization, Class of Service (CoS), and Quality of Service (QoS) policies which allow you to prioritize different types of traffic based on their importance. This ensures that your most important traffic, such as voice and video, receives the necessary bandwidth and low latency, and that less important traffic does not consume too much bandwidth.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) which allows you to bundle multiple physical ports together to form a single logical link. This can help to increase the available bandwidth and provide redundancy for your network.
Routing and Switching Protocols
The CS-E300-K9 Cisco Edge 300 Ethernet switch supports a variety of routing and switching protocols to help manage and direct network traffic. Some of the most common protocols include:
- Internet Protocol (IP): The standard protocol used for communication over the internet, IP is used for routing packets between different networks.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): A link-state routing protocol that helps to dynamically discover and distribute network topology information.
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP): A distance-vector routing protocol used to distribute routing information within a network.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): A routing protocol used to exchange routing information between routers in different autonomous systems (ASs) on the internet.
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP): A protocol used to provide redundancy for IP addresses by allowing multiple routers to share a virtual IP address.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP): A protocol used to dynamically assign IP addresses to devices on a network.
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP): A protocol used to map an IP address to a physical address, such as a MAC address.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): A protocol used to manage and monitor network devices, including routers and switches.
These protocols work together to provide robust routing and switching capabilities for the CS-E300-K9 Cisco Edge 300 Ethernet switch, helping to manage and direct network traffic efficiently and effectively.
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number CS-E300-K9
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Line Edge
- Product Series 300
- Product Name Edge 300 Ethernet Switch
- Product Type Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 4
- Token Ring Port No
- LRE Port No
- Uplink Port Yes
- Bypass No
- Modular No
- USB Yes
- Stack Port No
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 4
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 2
- Standard Memory 2 GB
- Memory Technology DDR3 SDRAM
- Flash Memory 2 GB
- MTBF 100000 Hours
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Input Voltage 12 V DC
- Power Source AC Adapter
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CS-E300-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.