Remote Management and Monitoring
Remote management and monitoring of the HWIC-4ESW on a Cisco 2800 series router allows administrators to manage and monitor the switch from a remote location. This can be done through a variety of methods including:
- Telnet/SSH: Administrators can access the switch's command-line interface (CLI) through Telnet or Secure Shell (SSH) for configuration and management.
- SNMP: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) can be used to monitor the switch's performance and status, allowing administrators to receive alerts and notifications in case of any issues.
- Web-based management: The switch can be accessed through a web browser using HTTP or HTTPS, providing a graphical user interface for management and configuration.
- Cisco IOS Network Assistance (CINA): This centralized management solution allows administrators to manage multiple devices, including the HWIC-4ESW switch, from a single location.
By using these methods, remote management and monitoring can increase the efficiency and reliability of network operations, reducing the need for on-site visits and minimizing downtime.
Efficient and Scalable Networking
Efficient and scalable networking of the HWIC-4ESW on a Cisco 2800 series router can be achieved by utilizing the following techniques:
- Virtual LANs (VLANs): VLANs divide the network into smaller, isolated broadcast domains, reducing network congestion and increasing security.
- Link Aggregation (LAG): LAG allows multiple physical ports to be combined into a single logical link, increasing bandwidth and providing redundancy.
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS prioritizes different types of network traffic, ensuring that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): STP prevents network loops, ensuring network stability.
- Routing protocols: Dynamic routing protocols, such as OSPF or EIGRP, update the routing table automatically, increasing network scalability and flexibility.
By implementing these techniques, the HWIC-4ESW can be made more efficient and scalable, allowing the network to handle increased traffic and grow as needed.
Security and Access Control
The security and access control of the HWIC-4ESW on a Cisco 2800 series router can be improved through the following methods:
- Access control lists (ACLs): ACLs can be used to control access to the network by specifying which IP addresses are allowed or denied access to specific network resources.
- Authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA): AAA can be used to control access to the network by requiring users to provide credentials, such as a username and password, before accessing network resources.
- Encryption: Encryption can be used to protect sensitive information, such as passwords, as it travels over the network.
- Firewall: A firewall can be used to control access to the network by specifying which types of traffic are allowed or denied access.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): VPN can be used to provide secure remote access to the network, allowing users to access network resources from remote locations.
General Information about this Cisco HWIC-4ESW
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# HWIC-4ESW
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces / Ports for 4 Ports Ethernet Switch
- Number of Network Ports: 4
- Interfaces/Ports 4 x 10/100Base-TX
- Application/Usage Wide Area Network
- Interfaces/Ports Details 4 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX Auto-sensing/Auto-negotiating/Auto MDI/MDI-X
Performance of Wide Area Network
- Connectivity Media Category 5 UTP 10/100Base-TX
- Connectivity Media Category 4 UTP 10Base-T
- Connectivity Media Category 3 UTP 10Base-T
- Data Transfer Rate 10 Mbps Ethernet Half/Full-duplex
- Data Transfer Rate 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Half/Full-duplex
- Compatibility: Supported Platforms:
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 3.08 inch
- Depth: 4.74 inch
- Height: 0.76 inch
- Weight: 0.5 LBS
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product HWIC-4ESW at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.