Management and Monitoring Options
The DS-C9216I-K9 Cisco Fibre Channel switch is a high-performance, multi-layer fabric switch designed for use in data center environments. It offers a variety of management and monitoring options to help administrators manage and monitor the switch and the network it is connected to.
- Cisco Fabric Manager: This is a web-based management tool that allows administrators to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot the switch. It provides a single point of management for multiple switches and allows administrators to easily manage large, complex networks.
- Cisco DCNM (Data Center Network Manager): This is a comprehensive management solution that allows administrators to manage, monitor and troubleshoot their Cisco data center networks. It provides a single pane of glass view of the entire data center network, including Fibre Channel, Ethernet, and IP networks.
- SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol): This is a standard protocol that allows administrators to monitor and manage network devices, including the DS-C9216I-K9 switch, using a management console or network management system.
- Syslog: This is a standard protocol that allows administrators to collect system logs from the switch and other network devices for troubleshooting and analysis.
- Telnet and SSH (Secure Shell): These protocols allow administrators to remotely access the switch for configuration and management purposes. SSH provides an encrypted connection for secure access.
- RMON (Remote Monitoring): This is a standard protocol that allows administrators to monitor various aspects of the switch, such as traffic statistics and error rates, for troubleshooting and analysis.
- LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol): This is a vendor-neutral protocol that allows administrators to discover and view information about other devices connected to the switch, such as IP addresses, device types, and port names.
- TACACS+ and RADIUS: These protocols allow administrators to set up centralized authentication, authorization, and accounting for the switch and other network devices. This provides an additional layer of security and makes it easier to manage user access to the network.
All these management and monitoring options provide a comprehensive set of tools that allow administrators to manage, monitor and troubleshoot the DS-C9216I-K9 Cisco Fibre Channel switch, and the network it is connected to, effectively.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) Support
The DS-C9216I-K9 Cisco Fibre Channel switch supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) which is a technology that allows Ethernet cables to carry electrical power, along with data, to devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and other network devices that support PoE.
PoE allows these devices to be powered without the need for an external power supply or an outlet nearby, making it more convenient and cost-effective to deploy and manage these devices.
In the case of DS-C9216I-K9, it supports PoE+ (Power over Ethernet Plus) which is an enhancement to the standard PoE technology. PoE+ allows for greater power to be delivered to devices over longer cable distances, up to 30W per port. This allows devices such as high-definition IP phones, wireless access points, and pan-tilt-zoom cameras to be powered by the switch.
PoE support also enables the switch to automatically detect and classify powered devices connected to it, and to provide the appropriate amount of power to each device. This eliminates the need for manual configuration and ensures that devices receive the correct amount of power.
The DS-C9216I-K9 Cisco Fibre Channel switch is a high-performance switch that provides advanced switching capabilities for Fibre Channel networks. It is designed to be deployed in data centers, storage networks, and other high-bandwidth environments.
The switch provides 16 ports of Fibre Channel, with a switching capacity of 128 Gbps. This allows for high-speed data transfer between servers, storage devices, and other network devices.
The switch also supports a variety of Fibre Channel protocols, including Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP). FCoE allows for Fibre Channel traffic to be carried over Ethernet networks, while FCIP allows for Fibre Channel traffic to be transported over IP networks.
The switch also supports the use of Fibre Channel virtual interfaces (VIFs) and virtual SANs (VSANs) which allow for the creation of logical partitions within the switch. This allows for multiple virtual Fibre Channel networks to be created within the same physical switch, improving network scalability and flexibility.
In addition, The switch also has a feature called Quality of Service (QoS) which allows for the prioritization of different types of traffic based on their importance. This helps to ensure that critical data is transmitted quickly and reliably, while less important data is transmitted at a lower priority.
General Information about this DS-C9216I-K9
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number DS-C9216I-K9
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Series MDS 9200
- Product Model MDS 9216i
- Product Name MDS 9216i Multilayer Fabric Switch
- Product Type Fibre Channel Switch
- Number of Fibre Channel Ports 14
- Fiber Channel Port Type F_Port
- Fiber Channel Port Type E_Port
- Fiber Channel Port Type FL_Port
- Fiber Channel Port Type N_Port
- Management Port Yes
Media & Performance
- Data Transfer Rate 2 Gbit/s
- Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
- Fiber Optic Cable Standard 50/125 µm
- Fiber Optic Cable Standard 62.5/125 µm
- Fiber Optic Cable Standard 9/125 µm
- Fiber Mode Supported Single-mode
- Fiber Mode Supported Multi-mode
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 1
- Expansion Slot Type SFP
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- Additional Information
- Buffer credits: up to 3500 per port
- Certifications & Standards-
- UL 60950
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950
- EN 60950
- IEC 60950
- TS 001
- AS/NZS 3260
- 21 CFR 1040
- FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class A
- ICES-003 Class A
- EN 55022 Class A
- CISPR 22 Class A
- AS/NZS 3548 Class A
- VCCI Class
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product DS-C9216I-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.