GLC-FE-100LX is a single-mode SFP (small form-factor pluggable) transceiver module designed for use with Cisco networking equipment. It is capable of transmitting data over fiber optic cables at speeds of up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) using the 100Base-LX standard. The module is designed for use with single-mode fiber optic cables, which are typically used for longer distance communications. It is hot-swappable, meaning it can be easily installed or replaced without having to power down the device. The Model is commonly used in enterprise networking environments to provide high-speed connectivity over fiber optic cables.
Future Developments in 100MBPS Single Mode Transceiver
The GLC-FE-100LX Cisco 100MBPS Single Mode Transceiver Module is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) optical module designed for use with Cisco networking equipment. It allows for the transmission of data over single-mode fiber optic cables at a speed of 100 megabits per second (Mbps).
As for future developments in this technology, there are several possibilities:
- Higher Data Rates: The current GLC-FE-100LX transceiver module supports a data rate of 100 Mbps. In the future, there may be developments that allow for even higher data rates over single-mode fiber optic cables. This could lead to faster and more efficient network communication.
- Longer Transmission Distances: The current GLC-FE-100LX transceiver module supports transmission distances of up to 10 kilometers. Future developments could increase this distance, allowing for communication over longer distances without the need for signal repeaters.
- Lower Power Consumption: Power consumption is an important consideration for networking equipment, especially in data centers where there are large numbers of devices. Future developments in transceiver module technology could lead to lower power consumption, reducing energy costs and environmental impact.
- Enhanced Security: Network security is an ever-increasing concern, and there may be future developments in transceiver module technology that improve security features. For example, modules with built-in encryption capabilities could help to protect sensitive data transmitted over the network.
- Compatibility with Newer Technologies: As newer networking technologies are developed, it will be important for transceiver modules to be compatible with these technologies. Future developments in transceiver module technology could ensure that they remain compatible with newer networking technologies, allowing for seamless integration with existing network infrastructure.
Cisco 100Mbps 100Base-LX Single-mode SFP Transceiver Module is designed to be compatible with Cisco networking equipment that supports the use of SFP transceiver modules. This includes a wide range of Cisco routers, switches, and other networking devices. In order to use the Model with a particular device, the device must have an SFP port and be capable of operating at the 100Mbps speed supported by the module. Additionally, the device must be connected to the fiber optic cable using a single-mode fiber optic cable, as the module is not compatible with multi-mode fiber optic cables. If you are unsure whether the Model is compatible with your Cisco device, you can check the device's documentation or contact Cisco technical support for more information.
General Information about this Cisco GLC-FE-100LX
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# GLC-FE-100LX
- Product Name: 100BASE-LX10 SFP
- Product Type: SFP Transceiver Module
Technical Information of Single-Mode Fiber Transceiver
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x 100Base-LX10 SFP (mini GBIC)
- Form Factor: Hot-swappable
- Application/Usage Data Networking
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Cabling Type: 100Base-LX
- Data Link Protocol: 100Mb LAN
- Optical Wave Length: 1310 nm
- Max Transfer Distance: 6.2 miles
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ah
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x LC Duplex 100Base-LX10
Performance for 100Base-LX Transceiver Module
- Data Transfer Rate: 100 MBPS Fast Ethernet
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Fiber Mode Supported: Single-mode
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 122 °F
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 0.5 inch
- Depth: 2.2 inch
- Height: 0.3 inch
- Weight: 1 LBS
- Cisco Catalyst 2960-24LC-S, 2960-24PC-L, 2960-24PC-S, 2960-24TC, 2960-24TC-L, 2960-24TC-S, 2960-48PST-L, 2960-48PST-S, 2960-48T, 2960-48TC, 2960-48TC-L, 2960-48TC-S, 2960-8TC, 2960-8TC-S, 2960G-24TC, 2960G-48TC, 2960G-8TC, 2960S-24PD-L, 2960S-24PS-L, 2960S-24TD-L, 2960S-24TS-L, 2960S-24TS-S, 2960S-48FPD-L, 2960S-48FPS-L, 2960S-48LPD-L, 2960S-48LPS-L, 2960S-48TD-L, 2960S-48TS-L, 2960S-48TS-S, 3560-12PC, 3560-12PC-S, 3560-8PC, 6500, 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720, 6503, 6503 Firewall Security System, 6506, 6506 chassis, 6506 Firewall Security System, 6506-E, 6509, 6509 chassis, 6509 Firewall and IDS Security System, 6509 Firewall and VPN Security System, 6509 Wiring Closet Bundle, 6509-E, 6509-NEB, 6509-NEB-A, 6513, 6513 chassis
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product GLC-FE-100LX at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.