The GLC-GE-100FX is a Cisco multi-mode Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) transceiver module that is used to provide a fiber optic connection at a data rate of 100Mbps. It is designed to support 100Base-FX Ethernet, which is a standard for Fast Ethernet transmission over optical fiber. This Transceiver module has a multi-mode fiber interface and is intended for use with multi-mode fiber optic cable. It is compatible with Cisco switches and routers that have SFP slots and support 100Base-FX. The module operates at a wavelength of 1310 nanometers and can transmit over distances of up to 2 km (1.2 miles) using multi-mode fiber.
Management and Configuration
The GLC-GE-100FX Cisco 100Mbps Multi-Mode Transceiver Module is a hot-swappable input/output device that allows a Gigabit Ethernet port to link with a 100Mbps Fast Ethernet network. The module is typically used in switches, routers, and other networking equipment that support SFP modules.
Management and configuration of the GLC-GE-100FX module can be done using the Cisco device that it is installed in. Here are the steps to manage and configure the module:
- Install the module: Turn off the device that the module will be installed in, remove the cover or faceplate, and insert the module into the SFP port until it clicks into place.
- Verify module connectivity: After installing the module, verify that it is recognized by the device. Use the command "show interfaces" or "show interfaces transceiver" to view information about the installed modules. Verify that the status of the module is "up" and that it is communicating with the device.
- Configure the module: Once the module is recognized by the device, it can be configured. Use the command "interface" followed by the module number to access the interface configuration mode. From there, configure the settings for the module, such as speed and duplex mode.
- Verify the configuration: After configuring the module, verify that the configuration is correct by using the "show interfaces" or "show interfaces transceiver" command again. Verify that the settings are correct and that the module is functioning as expected.
- Monitor module performance: It is important to monitor the performance of the module over time. Use the command "show interfaces transceiver" to view information about the module, such as the power output and received power levels. If there are any issues, this information can be used to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.
Security and Access Control features
The GLC-GE-100FX Cisco 100Mbps Multi-Mode Transceiver Module is primarily a networking hardware component and does not have any built-in security or access control features. However, it is possible to implement security and access control measures at the device level to protect the module and the network it is connected to.
Some measures that can be implemented include:
- Access control lists (ACLs): ACLs can be configured on the switch or router to restrict access to the network and limit traffic to only authorized devices. This can help prevent unauthorized access and reduce the risk of attacks.
- Port security: Port security can be configured to limit the number of devices that can connect to a switch port. This can help prevent unauthorized access and reduce the risk of network attacks.
- VLANs: VLANs can be configured to segregate network traffic and restrict access to sensitive data. This can help prevent unauthorized access and limit the scope of any security breaches.
- Authentication and encryption: Authentication and encryption mechanisms can be implemented at the device level to protect data in transit and prevent unauthorized access.
General Information about this Cisco GLC-GE-100FX
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# GLC-GE-100FX
- Product Type: Transceiver Module
Technical Information of Transceiver Module
- Interfaces Type: SFP (MINI-GBIC)
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Application/Usage: Optical Network
- Form Factor: Plug-in Module
- Cabling Type: 100base-fx
- Optical Wave Length: 1310 Nm
- Data Link Protocol: Fast Ethernet
- Max Transfer Distance: 1.2 Miles
Performance for 100MBPS Transceiver
- Media Type: Supported Optical Fiber
- Fiber Optic Cable Standard 62.5/125 µm
- Fiber Optic Cable Standard 50/125 µm
- Fiber Mode Supported Multi-mode
- Maximum Distance Supported 78"
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate 100
Interfaces / Ports of Multi-Mode Transceiver
- Interfaces/Ports 1 x 100Base-FX
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x LC Duplex 100Base-FX Network
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 0.4 inch
- Width: 2.2 inch
- Depth: 0.5 inch
- Weight: 1.00 lbs
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 113 °F
Cisco Catalyst switches:
- 2960-24LC-S, 2960-24PC-L, 2960-24PC-S, 2960-24TC, 2960-24TC-L, 2960-24TC-S, 2960-48PST-L, 2960-48PST-S, 2960-48T, 2960-48TC, 2960-48TC-L, 2960-48TC-S, 2960-8TC, 2960-8TC-S, 2960G-24TC, 2960G-48TC, 2960G-8TC, 2960S-24PD-L, 2960S-24PS-L, 2960S-24TD-L, 2960S-24TS-L, 2960S-24TS-S, 2960S-48FPD-L, 2960S-48FPS-L, 2960S-48LPD-L, 2960S-48LPS-L, 2960S-48TD-L, 2960S-48TS-L, 2960S-48TS-S, 3560-24PS, 3560-24PS EMI, 3560-24PS SMI, 3560-24TS, 3560-24TS EMI, 3560-24TS SMI, 3560-48PS, 3560-48PS SMI, 3560-48TS, 3560-48TS EMI, 3560-48TS SMI, 3560E-12D, 3560E-12SD-E, 3560E-12SD-S, 3560E-24PD, 3560E-24TD, 3560E-48PD, 3560E-48PD-F, 3560E-48TD, 3560E-48TD-SD, 3560G-24PS, 3560G-24PS EMI, 3560G-24PS SMI, 3560G-24TS, 3560G-24TS EMI, 3560G-24TS SMI, 3560G-48, 3560G-48PS, 3560G-48PS SMI, 3560G-48TS, 3560G-48TS EMI, 3560G-48TS SMI, 3560V2-24PS, 3560V2-24TS, 3560V2-24TS-SD, 3560V2-48PS, 3560V2-48TS, 3560X-24P-L, 3560X-24P-S, 3560X-24T-L, 3560X-24T-S, 3560X-48PF-L, 3560X-48PF-S, 3560X-48P-L, 3560X-48P-S, 3560X-48T-L, 3560X-48T-S
Cisco Integrated Services Routers:
- 1111, 1112, 1113, 1116, 1117, 1118
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product GLC-GE-100FX at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.