High-performance of Transceiver Module
Cisco 1GBPS Single Mode Optical Fiber Transceiver Module is a networking device that is designed to transmit and receive data over single mode fiber optic cables at speeds of up to 1 GBPS. It is used to connect network devices such as switches, routers, and servers to fiber optic networks, and it is typically used in enterprise and data center environments where high-bandwidth connectivity is required over long distances.
The Cisco 1GBPS Single Mode Optical Fiber Transceiver Module is a high-performance and reliable solution for connecting network devices to fiber optic networks. It is compatible with a wide range of Cisco switches, routers, and other networking devices that support SFP (small form-factor pluggable) interfaces, and it is easy to install and configure.
Power management in Single Mode Transceiver
The GLC-LH-SMD Cisco 1Gbps single mode optical fiber transceiver module is designed to provide reliable and efficient data transmission over long distances in single mode fiber optic networks. Power management is an important aspect of this transceiver module's operation, as it helps ensure the device operates within safe operating temperatures and power consumption limits.
The GLC-LH-SMD transceiver module is compliant with the IEEE 802.3z standard, which specifies power levels and operational parameters for 1000BASE-LX/LH Ethernet transmissions over single mode fiber optic cable. The module requires a nominal supply voltage of 3.3 volts, and draws a maximum power of 1 watt during operation. The module's power consumption can vary depending on the data transmission rate, temperature, and other operating conditions.
To manage power consumption and maintain safe operating temperatures, the GLC-LH-SMD transceiver module includes a built-in Digital Diagnostic Monitoring (DDM) function. The DDM function allows the module to monitor key operating parameters such as temperature, supply voltage, and optical power levels. The module can adjust its operating parameters based on these readings to optimize power consumption and prevent damage due to overheating.
The GLC-LH-SMD transceiver module also includes an automatic power-down feature, which allows the device to conserve power when it is not actively transmitting data. The module can detect when the network link is inactive or idle and automatically power down its transmitter and receiver circuits to reduce power consumption. When network activity resumes, the module quickly powers up its circuits to resume transmission.
How to troubleshoot common issues
The GLC-LH-SMD Cisco 1Gbps Single Mode Optical Fiber Transceiver Module is a popular transceiver used in Cisco networking equipment to connect devices over long distances via fiber optic cables. Troubleshooting issues with these transceiver modules can be a complex process, but here are some general steps you can take to diagnose and solve common problems:
- Check the physical connections: Make sure the transceiver is properly seated in the SFP slot and that the fiber optic cable is securely connected to both ends. Check for any signs of damage or wear on the cable, connectors, or transceiver. If you see any damage, try replacing the cable or transceiver.
- Check the link status: Check the status of the link between the devices on either end of the fiber optic cable. Use the show interfaces command on the Cisco device to check the status of the interface connected to the transceiver. If the link is down, try resetting the interface or swapping the transceiver with a known working one.
- Check the transceiver configuration: Verify that the transceiver is configured correctly for the network environment, including the correct speed and duplex settings. Use the show interface command to confirm the current settings and try adjusting them as needed.
- Check for errors: Use the show interfaces command to check for any errors or drops on the interface connected to the transceiver. If you see a high number of errors or drops, there may be an issue with the fiber optic cable, the transceiver, or the device on the other end of the link.
- Check the transceiver compatibility: Ensure that the transceiver is compatible with the Cisco device and the fiber optic cable being used. Refer to the manufacturer's documentation or contact the manufacturer's technical support for further assistance.
- Try a different transceiver or cable: If you're still having issues, try swapping the transceiver or cable with a known working one to see if the issue persists. This can help you determine if the problem is with the transceiver or cable itself.
Main Specifications about this Cisco GLC-LH-SMD
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# GLC-LH-SMD
- Product Type: Transceiver Module – LC
- Transceiver Type:1000BASE-LX
Technical Information of Transceiver Module
- Enclosure Type: Plug-in Module
- Cabling Type: 1000Base-lx, 1000Base-lh
- Connectivity Technology:Wired
- Interface (bus) Type: SFP (Mini-GBIC)
- Optical Wave Length: 1310 Nm
- Data Link Protocol: Gigabit Ethernet
- Optical Fiber 1000 Base-LX/LH
- Max Transfer Distance: 6.2 Miles
- Application/Usage: Data Networking, Optical Network
- Connectivity Media: 62.5 µm, 50 µm
Performance for Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 1.25 GBPS
- Max Transfer Distance: 10 km (6.2 mi) - SM / 1 km (0.6 mi) - MM
- Type: Single Mode / Multi Mode
- Wavelength: 1310nm
- Fiber Operating Mode: Full-Duplex
- Compatible Networks:1000 Mbps (1 Gbps)
- MTBF: 200,000 hours
Interfaces & Ports of 1 GBPS Transceiver
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x 1000 Base-LX/LH
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x LC/PC Duplex 1000 Base-LX/LH Network
- Minimum Transmitting Power: -9 dB
- Maximum Transmitting Power: 3 dB
- Power Consumption (In Watts): 1 Watt
Protocols & Connector
- SFF-8472 MSA Compliant, IEEE 802.3ah-2004
- Local Unit Connectors: 1 - Fiber Optic LC Duplex
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)
- Humidity: 5~95% RH
- Flow Control
- Vlan Support
- Full Duplex Mode
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 0.3 Inch
- Width: 0.5 Inch
- Depth: 2.2 Inch
- Weight: 1 LBS
Here is a simplified and reorganized version of the compatibility information for the listed devices:
- Catalyst Express 500 and 520
- Cisco ME 3400, ME 4900, and ME 6500 series
- Catalyst 2940, 2950, 2960, 2960-S, 2970, 3560, 3560-E, 3560-X, 3750, 3750-E, and 3750-X series
- Cisco IE3010 series
- Catalyst 4500, 4900, and 6500 series
- Cisco Catalyst 2360 and 3000 series
- Catalyst 3100 blade switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 series
- Cisco 7200, uBR7200, 7300, 7600, and uBR10000 series routers
- Shared Port Adapters (SPAs)
- Cisco MWR 2941 Mobile Wireless Routers
These devices are compatible with each other, which means they can be used together in a network without any issues.
Building a fiber-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fiber systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radio. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fiber optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fiber optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fiber optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product GLC-LH-SMD at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Transceiver
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.