Interference Mitigation Techniques
The Cisco GLC-TE is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver designed for use in Gigabit Ethernet ports of Cisco switches and routers. The GLC-TE is a 1000Base-T copper transceiver with an RJ-45 connector and can support data rates up to 1 GBPS over distances up to 100 meters. Interference can be a problem in copper-based network connections, and several techniques can be used to mitigate its effects.
- Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) Cable - STP cables consist of a pair of wires wrapped around each other and shielded with a layer of foil or braided shielding. This shielding helps to reduce electromagnetic interference (EMI) from external sources like other cables, fluorescent lights, or motors.
- Crosstalk Prevention - Crosstalk is a phenomenon where signals from one cable interfere with signals on an adjacent cable. To prevent this, the cables are twisted at different rates, which helps to minimize crosstalk between them. Additionally, crosstalk can be prevented by using cable management systems that separate the cables and prevent them from touching or crossing over each other.
- Signal Amplification - Amplifiers can be used to boost the signal strength of weak signals. This can help to overcome interference from other sources and improve the overall quality of the signal.
- Noise Filtering - Noise filters can be used to remove unwanted signals from the network. These filters are designed to detect and eliminate noise that can interfere with the transmission of data.
- Grounding and Bonding - Grounding and bonding help to create a low-impedance path for electrical currents to flow. This can help to reduce interference from electromagnetic fields and static electricity.
- Power Management - Power management techniques can be used to reduce the amount of power used by network devices. By reducing the amount of power used, the amount of electromagnetic interference generated by these devices can be minimized.
Design Considerations of T-Copper Module
The Cisco GLC-TE is a 1Gbps SFP transceiver module that is designed to operate over Category 5e or Category 6 unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) copper cabling with an RJ-45 connector interface. This transceiver supports a maximum distance of up to 100 meters.
When designing a network using Cisco GLC-TE transceivers, the following considerations should be taken into account:
- Compatibility: The Cisco GLC-TE transceiver module is designed to be compatible with a wide range of Cisco networking equipment. However, it is important to ensure that the specific Cisco equipment you are using is compatible with the GLC-TE module before integrating it into your network.
- Power requirements: The GLC-TE transceiver requires a power supply between 3.1V and 3.5V. When designing your network, ensure that your power supply meets these requirements.
- Cable requirements: The GLC-TE transceiver supports both Category 5e and Category 6 UTP copper cabling. However, it is recommended to use Category 6 cabling for maximum performance. It is also important to ensure that the cable length does not exceed the maximum supported distance of 100 meters.
- Environmental considerations: The GLC-TE transceiver operates within a temperature range of 0°C to 70°C. Ensure that your networking equipment is located within this temperature range to prevent damage to the transceiver.
- Network design: When designing your network, it is important to consider the number of devices that will be connected using GLC-TE transceivers, the distance between the devices, and the overall bandwidth requirements. This will help ensure that your network is designed for optimal performance and scalability.
Cost Analysis of 1GBPS Transceiver
Cost analysis of Cisco GLC-TE 1GBPS 1000Base-T Copper 100M RJ-45 Connector SFP Transceiver refers to the process of determining the total cost of ownership for this specific networking component. This includes the initial purchase price, installation costs, maintenance expenses, and the eventual replacement cost.
The initial purchase price of Cisco GLC-TE 1GBPS 1000Base-T Copper 100M RJ-45 Connector SFP Transceiver varies depending on the vendor, but it typically ranges between $50 to $100 per unit. Installation costs may also vary depending on the complexity of the network infrastructure and the expertise required to install it. Typically, installation costs for this type of transceiver are minimal.
Maintenance expenses for the Cisco GLC-TE 1GBPS 1000Base-T Copper 100M RJ-45 Connector SFP Transceiver may include software updates, firmware upgrades, and hardware repairs. These costs will depend on the specific needs of the network and the vendor providing the maintenance services.
Finally, the eventual replacement cost of the transceiver will depend on how long it is expected to last and how often it needs to be replaced. The Cisco GLC-TE 1GBPS 1000Base-T Copper 100M RJ-45 Connector SFP Transceiver is designed to last for several years, but eventually, it will need to be replaced.
General Information for this Cisco GLC-TE
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# GLC-TE
- Product Type: SFP (Mini-GBIC) Transceiver Module
Technical Information of Transceiver Module
- Application/Usage Data Networking
- 1000 Base-T Copper SFP (Mini-GBIC)
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x RJ-45 1000 Base-T Network LAN
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 1000 Base-T
Miscellaneous about this Cooper SFP Transceiver
- Cisco Nexus Series Switches
- 7700 F3-Series
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product GLC-TE at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.