High-Performance Security Features
The IPS-4360-K9 is a Cisco IPS 4360 network security appliance designed to provide high-performance security features for enterprise-level networks. Here are some of the key security features of the appliance:
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): The IPS feature of the appliance provides advanced threat detection and prevention capabilities. It uses a combination of signature-based and anomaly-based detection techniques to identify and block known and unknown threats. The appliance can be configured to automatically block traffic from identified malicious sources.
- Network-based Malware Detection: The appliance also includes a network-based malware detection feature that can identify and block malware traffic at the network level. It uses advanced heuristics to identify malware based on its behavior, rather than relying on known signatures.
- Application Visibility and Control: The appliance provides application visibility and control, allowing administrators to identify and control the use of applications on their networks. The appliance can identify over 1,000 different applications and can block or restrict their use based on policies configured by the administrator.
- URL Filtering: The appliance also includes a URL filtering feature that can identify and block access to malicious websites. The appliance uses a comprehensive database of known malicious URLs to block access to these sites.
- Reputation-based Filtering: The appliance can also use reputation-based filtering to block traffic from known malicious sources. It uses a database of known malicious IPs and domains to block traffic from these sources.
- SSL Decryption: The appliance can also decrypt SSL traffic, allowing it to inspect encrypted traffic for threats. It uses a combination of hardware acceleration and software-based decryption to provide high-performance SSL decryption.
- Advanced Correlation and Analytics: The appliance also includes advanced correlation and analytics capabilities, allowing it to identify and correlate threats across multiple sources. This allows the appliance to identify and block threats that may not be identified by individual detection techniques.
High Availability and Failover Configurations
The IPS-4360-K9 is a Cisco IPS 4360 network security appliance designed to provide advanced threat protection and intrusion prevention for high-performance networks. High availability and failover configurations are critical for ensuring that the IPS appliance is always available to protect the network. Here are some of the high availability and failover configurations for the Cisco IPS 4360:
- Active/Standby Failover: In this configuration, two IPS 4360 appliances are used, with one appliance configured as the active unit and the other as the standby unit. The active unit handles all traffic while the standby unit is in standby mode, continuously monitoring the active unit. If the active unit fails, the standby unit takes over and becomes the active unit.
- Active/Active Failover: In this configuration, two IPS 4360 appliances are used, with both appliances configured to handle traffic simultaneously. Each appliance is configured with its own set of interfaces and IP addresses. If one appliance fails, the other appliance continues to handle traffic, ensuring that there is no disruption in network traffic.
- Virtual Sensor: In this configuration, multiple virtual sensors are configured on a single IPS 4360 appliance, each with its own IP address and interface. Each virtual sensor operates independently of the others, ensuring that a failure in one sensor does not affect the others. This configuration is ideal for environments where multiple departments or organizations require separate intrusion prevention systems.
- Load Balancing: In this configuration, multiple IPS 4360 appliances are configured with load balancing, ensuring that traffic is distributed evenly across all appliances. Load balancing can be based on several criteria, including round-robin, weighted round-robin, and least connections. This configuration ensures that the IPS appliances are always available to handle traffic, even during peak traffic periods.
- Clustering: In this configuration, multiple IPS 4360 appliances are configured in a cluster, with each appliance working together to handle traffic. Each appliance in the cluster is assigned a specific role, such as the master or the worker, with each role performing specific functions. Clustering provides high availability and failover capabilities, ensuring that the IPS appliances are always available to protect the network.
In conclusion, high availability and failover configurations are critical for ensuring that the IPS-4360-K9 Cisco IPS 4360 network security appliance is always available to protect the network. By following the above configurations, you can ensure that the IPS appliance is always available to handle traffic and protect the network from advanced threats and intrusions.
Deployment and Configuration Options
The IPS-4360-K9 is a Cisco IPS 4360 network security appliance designed to provide advanced threat protection and intrusion prevention for high-performance networks. To deploy and configure this appliance, there are several options to consider:
- Inline Deployment: The IPS 4360 can be deployed inline, where it is placed between the router and the firewall. This configuration enables the appliance to inspect and filter all traffic passing through the network.
- Passive Deployment: The IPS 4360 can also be deployed in passive mode, where it is placed in monitor mode without blocking or modifying any traffic. This configuration enables the appliance to capture and analyze network traffic, allowing administrators to identify potential threats.
- Virtual Sensor Deployment: The IPS 4360 can be deployed as a virtual sensor, where it runs as a virtual machine on a VMware ESXi server. This configuration enables organizations to consolidate multiple sensors onto a single hardware platform, reducing hardware costs and simplifying management.
- High Availability Deployment: The IPS 4360 can be deployed in high availability mode, where two appliances are deployed in an active-passive configuration. This configuration ensures that if one appliance fails, the other appliance will take over without any disruption to the network.
- Configuration Options: The IPS 4360 can be configured using the Cisco IPS Device Manager (IDM) or the Command Line Interface (CLI). The IDM provides a user-friendly graphical interface for managing the device, while the CLI provides more advanced configuration options.
- Signature Updates: The IPS 4360 requires regular signature updates to ensure that it can detect and block the latest threats. The appliance can be configured to automatically download and install signature updates from Cisco, or administrators can manually download and install the updates.
- Policy Configuration: The IPS 4360 uses policies to determine how to inspect and filter network traffic. Policies can be configured to block specific types of traffic, detect and alert on potential threats, or simply monitor network activity.
In conclusion, the IPS-4360-K9 Cisco IPS 4360 network security appliance offers a range of deployment and configuration options to suit the needs of different organizations. By understanding these options, administrators can deploy and configure the appliance to provide effective threat protection and intrusion prevention for their network.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: IPS-4360-K9
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Series: 4300
- Product Model: IPS 4360
- Product Name: IPS 4360 Sensor
- Product Type: Network Security/Firewall Appliance
- Firewall Protection Supported-
- Intrusion Prevention
- Protocol Anomaly Detection
- Worm Scanning
- Trojan Horse
- Reconnaissance Protection
- Bonk Attack
- Malware Protection
- Denial of Service (DoS)
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
- SYNflood Protection
- Content Inspection
- Packet Inspection
- Access Control
- Total Number of Ports: 8
- USB: No
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: No
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 8
Network & Communication
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless LAN: No
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.