Performance and Scalability
The Cisco Nexus 2248TP-E is a fabric extender expansion module that provides 48 ports of Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to parent switches, such as the Nexus 5000, Nexus 6000, and Nexus 7000 series. It is designed to increase the number of ports available on these switches while maintaining a single point of management, reducing the complexity and cost of managing a large network.
The Cisco Nexus 2248TP-E provides line-rate, low-latency performance for all 48 ports, with a throughput of up to 176 Gbps. This makes it ideal for use in high-bandwidth environments, such as data centers and server farms. The module also supports jumbo frames, which can improve network performance by reducing the number of packets that need to be transmitted.
The Cisco Nexus 2248TP-E is highly scalable, allowing network administrators to easily add or remove fabric extenders as needed. The module supports Cisco's Virtual Port Channel (vPC) technology, which enables multiple physical links between the fabric extender and the parent switch to act as a single logical link. This provides higher bandwidth and redundancy, while also simplifying network management.
The module also supports Cisco's Fabric Extender Technology (FEX), which allows up to 24 fabric extenders to be connected to a single parent switch, providing up to 1152 ports per switch. This greatly increases the scalability of the network, while still maintaining a single point of management.
In addition, the Cisco Nexus 2248TP-E supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), which allows administrators to prioritize traffic based on application requirements, and Cisco's Data Center Bridging (DCB) technology, which provides a lossless Ethernet fabric for improved performance and reliability.
Port Density and Configuration Options
The N2K-C2248TR-E is a Cisco Nexus 2248TP-E Fabric Extender Expansion Module that provides additional port density and configuration options to a Cisco Nexus switch. Here are some key features and specifications of the N2K-C2248TR-E:
- Port Density: The N2K-C2248TR-E provides 48 ports of 100/1000BASE-T with four 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) fabric interfaces.
- Configuration Options: The N2K-C2248TR-E can be configured as a standalone device or as part of a larger Cisco Nexus fabric. It supports a range of Cisco features such as Virtual PortChannel (vPC), FabricPath, and Cisco Data Center VM-FEX.
- Fabric Extender Technology: The N2K-C2248TR-E uses Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) technology to extend the capabilities of a Cisco Nexus switch. This allows the module to be managed as a remote line card of the parent switch, which simplifies management and reduces the need for additional cabling.
- High Performance: The N2K-C2248TR-E provides line-rate performance for all ports, with low latency and jitter.
- Energy Efficiency: The N2K-C2248TR-E is designed to be energy-efficient, with support for Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and Cisco EnergyWise.
Quality of Service (QoS) Features and Capabilities
The N2K-C2248TR-E Cisco Nexus 2248TP-E 48 Ports Fabric Extender Expansion Module is a high-performance and flexible fabric extender that provides a range of Quality of Service (QoS) features and capabilities to ensure the delivery of reliable and efficient networking services.
Here are some of the QoS features and capabilities of the N2K-C2248TR-E:
- Traffic Classification: The N2K-C2248TR-E supports various traffic classification mechanisms such as Layer 2 (L2), Layer 3 (L3), and Access Control List (ACL) based classification to prioritize traffic based on specific criteria.
- Traffic Prioritization: The module supports the Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) and Class of Service (CoS) mechanisms to prioritize traffic and ensure that high-priority traffic is delivered first.
- Traffic Policing: The N2K-C2248TR-E can control the amount of traffic sent or received by a particular port or VLAN by enforcing a specific rate limit.
- Traffic Shaping: The module can control the rate of traffic sent or received by a particular port or VLAN to ensure that the traffic meets the required service level.
- Congestion Management: The N2K-C2248TR-E supports various congestion management mechanisms such as Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED), and Tail Drop to avoid congestion and ensure that the network operates at an optimal level.
- Link-level Flow Control: The module supports the IEEE 802.3x flow control mechanism to manage the flow of traffic between devices and avoid congestion in the network.
- Priority Flow Control (PFC): The N2K-C2248TR-E supports PFC, which is an IEEE standard that allows for the lossless delivery of traffic for specific classes of service.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: N2K-C2248TR-E
- Product Line: Nexus
- Product Series: 2000
- Product Model: 2248TP-E
- Product Name: Nexus 2248TP-E with 1 x QSFP-40G-SR4 and 4 x SFP-10G-SR
- Product Type: Fabric Extender
- SKU: N2K-C2248TR-E
- Ports: Gigabit Ethernet x 48
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Cabling Type:Ethernet 100Base-TX, Ethernet 1000Base-T
- Data Link Protocol: Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Auxiliary Ports: 4 x SFP+
- Network / Transport Protocol: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, ICMP/IP
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, SNMP 2, RMON, SNMP 3
- Status Indicators: Port status, power, system
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces: 48 x 1000Base-T - RJ-45 4 x 10Gb Ethernet - SFP
- Power Device: Plug-in module
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption Operational: 110 Watt
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 17.3 Inch
- Depth: 17.7 Inch
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Weight: 17.64 Lbs
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
- Cisco Nexus 6004, 6004 24 x 40GE Ports/FCoE Bundle
- Additional Information -
- Forty-eight 100/1000BASE-T server access ports
- 4 x Cisco 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Module
- 1 x Cisco 40GBASE-SR4 QSFP Module
- 32-MB buffers
- Compact one-rack-unit (1RU) form factor
- Choice of AC or DC power supply (the default configuration includes redundant dual power supplies)
- Hot-swappable fan trays
- Accessibility of all user-serviceable components
- Operation as a remote I/O module, extending the switch fabric for Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product N2K-C2248TR-E at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.