Maximizing Efficiency and Flexibility
There are several ways to maximize the efficiency and flexibility of the Cisco Nexus 3064-T switch:
- Utilize the 48 ports to create multiple VLANs, allowing for segmentation of network traffic and improved security.
- Implement Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize important network traffic and prevent congestion.
- Use the switch's advanced features such as Virtual Port Channels (vPCs) and Fabric Extender (FEX) support for increased redundancy and scalability.
- Enable the switch's energy-efficient Ethernet (EEE) feature to reduce power consumption during periods of low network activity.
- Utilize the switch's support for various protocols, including Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Fibre Channel (FC), to support a variety of network environments.
- Upgrade the Firmware and configure the switch with the latest features available as per the requirement
- Monitor the switch performance and usage regularly to ensure that it is operating at optimal levels and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Power Options and Redundancy
The N3K-C3064-T-FA-L3 Cisco Nexus 3064-T switch has several options for power and redundancy:
- Power Supply: The switch has two power supply bays, which can be populated with either AC or DC power supplies. This allows for flexibility in terms of power source and redundancy in case one power supply fails.
- Redundancy: The switch supports the use of Virtual Port Channels (vPCs), which allows for redundancy by allowing multiple switches to be connected together and appear as a single logical switch to the end devices. This prevents any single point of failure in the network.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The switch supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), which allows the switch to provide power to devices connected to it over the Ethernet cables. This eliminates the need for separate power supplies for the devices and increases the redundancy of the power supply.
- Power Saving: The switch has Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) feature that reduces power consumption during periods of low network activity.
- High availability: The switch supports a feature called Nonstop Forwarding with Stateful Switchover (NSF/SSO) which allows the switch to continue forwarding packets during a switchover event, even when the switch is undergoing a software upgrade or hardware failure.
- Power redundancy: In addition to the power supply redundancy, the switch also support Redundant Power System (RPS) and PoE RPS which allows for the use of a separate power supply to provide power to the switch in case the main power supply fails.
Security and Network Management
The N3K-C3064-T-FA-L3 Cisco Nexus 3064-T switch has several features for security and network management:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The switch supports the use of ACLs, which allows for the restriction of network access based on various criteria such as IP address, port number, and protocol. This can be used to prevent unauthorized access to the network and to segment the network into different security zones.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs): The switch supports the use of VPNs, which allows for secure communication over public networks. This can be used to connect remote sites to the main network, or to provide secure access to the network for remote workers.
- Network Admission Control (NAC): NAC is a Cisco security solution that allows for the enforcement of security policies on devices attempting to access the network. This can be used to ensure that only devices that meet certain security criteria are allowed to access the network.
- Network Management: The switch can be managed using Cisco's Network Assistant or Cisco Prime Infrastructure, which allows for the monitoring and management of multiple switches from a single interface.
- Security Management: Cisco Nexus switch supports several security features such as
- Port security
- DHCP snooping
- IP Source Guard
- Dynamic ARP inspection
- Storm control
- TACACS+ and RADIUS Authentication
- Network Segmentation: The switch supports Virtual LAN (VLAN) and Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) which allows to segment the network into different logical segments. This can be used to improve security and to isolate different types of traffic on the network.
- Network Visibility: The switch supports several features like Netflow, SPAN, and RSPAN which allows to monitor the network traffic and troubleshoot issues.
General Information:Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number N3K-C3064-T-FA-L3
Brand Name Cisco
Product Line Nexus
Product Series 3000
Product Model 3064-T
Product Name Nexus 3064-T Switch
Product Type Layer 3 Switch
Total Number of Network Ports 48
Token Ring Port No
LRE Port No
Management Port Yes
Stack Port No
Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 48
Media & Performance:
Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
Ethernet Technology 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology 10GBase-T
Number of Total Expansion Slots 4
Expansion Slot Type QSFP+
Shared SFP Slot No
Network & Communication:
Layer Supported 3
Management & Protocols:
SNMP v1, v2, and v3
Flash Memory 2 GB
PoE (RJ-45) Port No
Input Voltage 110 V AC
220 V AC
Power Source Power Supply
Redundant Power Supply Supported Yes
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.