The N5K-C5548UP-FA Cisco Nexus 5000 Series 32 Ports Managed Switch Chassis is a high-performance switch designed for use in data center environments. It is part of the Cisco Nexus 5000 series, which is known for its scalability, reliability, and high-performance features.
The N5K-C5548UP-FA chassis has 32 ports and supports both 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE) and 1 Gigabit Ethernet (1 GbE) interfaces. This makes it ideal for use in environments that require high-bandwidth connectivity for virtualization, cloud computing, and other data center applications.
The switch also features advanced security and quality of service (QoS) capabilities. The security features include support for Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Port Security, which help to prevent unauthorized access to the network and protect against network attacks. The QoS features allow for the prioritization of traffic, ensuring that critical applications and services receive the bandwidth they need to function properly.
The switch is managed using Cisco's NX-OS operating system, which provides a comprehensive set of features and tools for managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting the network. This includes a web-based interface that allows for easy configuration and management of the switch, even for users without advanced technical knowledge.
Reliability of 32 Ports Managed Switch
The N5K-C5548UP-FA Cisco Nexus 5000 Series 32 Ports Managed Switch Chassis is known for its high reliability. The switch is built on the Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS), which is designed for mission-critical environments and provides a stable, robust platform for network operations.
The switch also features redundant power supplies and fans, which ensure that the switch will continue to operate even if one of these components fails. This redundancy helps to ensure that the switch will remain available to support critical network operations even in the event of a failure.
The N5K-C5548UP-FA also features a number of advanced features that help to improve the reliability of the network. For example, the switch supports the Cisco FabricPath technology, which helps to improve network resiliency and reduce the risk of network downtime.
Additionally, the switch also supports the Cisco Virtual Port Channel (vPC) technology, which allows for the creation of a virtual switch that spans multiple physical switches. This helps to improve network resiliency by allowing traffic to flow over multiple paths, reducing the risk of network downtime due to a single point of failure.
Power and Innovation
The N5K-C5548UP-FA Cisco Nexus 5000 Series 32 Ports Managed Switch Chassis is a powerful and innovative switch that is designed for data center and enterprise networks. One of its key features is its ability to provide high-performance and low-latency switching, making it ideal for high-bandwidth applications such as virtualization and cloud computing.
The switch is also designed with energy efficiency in mind, making it ideal for data centers looking to reduce their energy costs. The switch features a number of power-saving features, such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), which helps to reduce power consumption when the network is idle.
General Information about this Cisco N5K-C5548UP-FA
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# N5K-C5548UP-FA
- Product Line: Nexus
- Product Series:L 5000
- Product Type: Switch Chassis
Performance of 32 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Ports: 32
- Ethernet Technology 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 33
- Expansion Slot Type SFP+
- Number of SFP+ Slots 32
- Layer Supported 3
- Cisco Nexus 5548P and 5548UP: Layer 2 hardware forwarding at 960 Gbps or 714.24 mpps; Layer 3 performance of up to 160 Gbps or 240 mpps
- Cisco Nexus 5596UP and 5596T: Layer 2 hardware forwarding at 1920 Gbps or 1428 mpps; Layer 3 performance of up to 160 Gbps or 240 mpps
- MAC address table entries: 32,000
- Low-latency cut-through design that provides predictable, consistent traffic latency regardless of packet size, traffic pattern, or enabled features on 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- Line-rate traffic throughput on all ports
Interfaces/Ports Ethernet Switch
- Modular Yes
- Management Port Yes
- USB Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 32 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Cisco Nexus 5548P: 32 fixed 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE ports; additional interfaces through one expansion module
- Cisco Nexus 5548UP: 32 fixed ports configurable as 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE or 8/4/2/1-Gbps native Fibre Channel; additional interfaces through one expansion module
- Cisco Nexus 5596UP: 48 fixed ports configurable as 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE or 8/4/2/1-Gbps native Fibre Channel; additional interfaces through up to three expansion modules
- Cisco Nexus 5596T: 32 fixed ports of 1 and 10G BASE-T and 16 SFP+ fixed ports configurable as 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE or 8/4/2/1-Gbps native Fibre Channel; additional interfaces through up to three expansion modules
- Expansion modules
- 16-port 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE module
- 8-port 8/4/2/1-Gbps Fibre Channel plus 8-port 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE module
- Unified port module consisting of 16 ports configurable as 8/4/2/1-Gbps Fibre Channel or 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE
- 4-port QSFP expansion module
- 12-port 10G BASE-T module (Cisco Nexus 5596T only)
- Layer 3 module (Cisco Nexus 5596UP and 5596T only; one per system)
- Layer 3 daughter card (Cisco Nexus 5548P and 5548UP only; one per system)
- Extension through the Cisco Nexus 2000 SeriesLayer 2 Features
Power of Managed Switch
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
Layer 2 Features
- Layer 2 switch ports and VLAN trunks
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN encapsulation
- Support for up to 4096 VLANs
- Rapid Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVRST+) (IEEE 802.1w compatible)
- Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) (IEEE 802.1s): 64 instances
- Spanning Tree PortFast
- Spanning Tree root guard
- Spanning Tree Bridge Assurance
- Cisco EtherChannel technology (up to 16 ports per EtherChannel)
- Cisco vPC technology
- Enhanced vPC enable vPC between Cisco Nexus 5000 and 2000 Series as well as between Cisco Nexus 3000 Series and end host
- vPC configuration synchronization
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): IEEE 802.3ad
- Advanced port channel hashing based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information
- Jumbo frames on all ports (up to 9216 bytes)
- Pause frames (IEEE 802.3x)
- Storm control (unicast, multicast, and broadcast)
- Private VLANs
- Private VLAN over trunks (isolated and promiscuous)
- Private VLANs over vPC and EtherChannels
- VLAN Remapping
- Cisco FabricPath
- EvPC and vPC+ with FabricPath
- Cisco Adapter FEX
- Cisco Data Center VM FEX
- Support for up to 24 fabric extenders on each Cisco Nexus 5500 platform
- Package Contents
- Nexus 5548UP Modular Switch
- 2 x 750W AC Power Supplies
- Fan Trays
- Layer 2 switching, VLAN support, Syslog support, Weighted Round Robin (WRR) queuing,
- Broadcast Storm Control, Multicast Storm Control, Unicast Storm Control, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support,
- DHCP snooping, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Jumbo Frames support,
- Rapid Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVRST+)
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP),
- IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 801.1p
- Min Operating Temperature : 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature : 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating : 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
Management & Protocol
- Switch management using 10/100/1000-Mbps management or console ports
- CLI-based console to provide detailed out-of-band management
- In-band switch management
- Locator and beacon LEDs on Cisco Nexus 2000 Series
- Port-based locator and beacon LEDs
- Configuration synchronization
- Module preprovisioning
- Configuration rollback
- Secure Shell Version 2 (SSHv2)
- AAA with RBA
- Syslog (8 servers)
- Embedded packet analyzer
- SNMPv1, v2, and v3 (IPv4 & IPv6)
- Enhanced SNMP MIB support
- XML (NETCONF) support
- Remote monitoring (RMON)
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for management traffic
- Unified username and passwords across CLI and SNMP
- Microsoft Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (MS-CHAP)
- Digital certificates for management between switch and RADIUS server
- Cisco Discovery Protocol Versions 1 and 2●
- Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) on physical, port channel, VLAN, and Fibre Channel interfaces
- Encapsulated Remote SPAN (ERSPAN)
- Ingress and egress packet counters per interface
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Cisco GOLD
- Comprehensive bootup diagnostic tests
- Call Home
- Smart Call Home
- Cisco Fabric Manager
- Cisco DCNM
- CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS)
- Ingress ACLs (standard and extended) on Ethernet and virtual Ethernet ports
- Standard and extended Layer 2 ACLs: MAC addresses, protocol type, etc.
- Standard and extended Layer 3 to 4 ACLs: IPv4 and IPv6, Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP and ICMPv6), TCP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), etc. VLAN-based ACLs (VACLs)
- Port-based ACLs (PACLs)
- Named ACLs
- Optimized ACL distribution
- ACLs on virtual terminals (VTYs)
- ACL logging on management interface
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping with Option 82
- Dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) Inspection
- IP source guard
- DHCP relay
- Cisco CTS (Authentication and Policy download from ACS)
- Ethernet Port Security
- IPv6 RACL
- IPv6 PACL
- IPv6 VACL
Product Dimensions & Weight
- Height : 1.7 in
- Width : 17.3 in
- Depth : 29.5 in
- Weight : 35 lbs
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product N5K-C5548UP-FA at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.