Installation and Configuration of Fabric Module
The N7K-C7018-FAB-1 is a hot swappable switch fabric module for the Cisco Nexus 7000 series switches. Installing and configuring this module requires a number of steps to ensure it operates correctly within the switch.
Preparation: Before installing the N7K-C7018-FAB-1, it is important to review the installation and configuration documentation from Cisco, as well as to familiarize yourself with the physical installation of the module in the switch.
Physical Installation: To install the N7K-C7018-FAB-1, follow these steps:
- Power down the switch and remove all cables
- Remove the blank faceplate from the slot where the module will be installed
- Align the module with the slot and gently push it in place until it clicks into place
- Replace any cables that were removed
Configuration: After the module is physically installed, it needs to be configured using the Cisco Nexus 7000 command line interface (CLI). The following steps will help you configure the module:
- Connect to the switch using a console cable
- Log in to the switch and enter enable mode
- Verify the module is recognized by the switch by running the "show module" command
- Assign the module to a switch number by running the "module switch-number module-number" command, where "switch-number" is the number of the switch and "module-number" is the number of the module.
- Configure the module with the appropriate commands, such as "feature fabricpath" to enable the FabricPath feature, or "interface port-channel x" to create a port channel.
It is important to follow best practices when installing and configuring the N7K-C7018-FAB-1, as improper configuration can result in unpredictable behavior and loss of network connectivity. It is recommended to have a backup of the configuration and to thoroughly test the configuration before implementing it in a production environment.
Integration with other Network Components and Devices
The N7K-C7018-FAB-1 is a hot swappable fabric module that is used in the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches. It is designed to provide a high-density, high-performance switching fabric for use in data center and service provider environments.
The N7K-C7018-FAB-1 integrates with other network components and devices through its Ethernet ports. The module has 18 40-Gbps full-duplex Ethernet ports and supports both native 40-Gbps Ethernet and 10-Gbps Ethernet protocols.
In a Nexus 7000 Series switch, the N7K-C7018-FAB-1 operates as the switching fabric, connecting to the line cards in the switch and forwarding traffic between them. The line cards contain the interfaces for connecting to the network devices and servers.
The N7K-C7018-FAB-1 also integrates with other Cisco Nexus 7000 Series modules, such as the N7K-M108X2-12L, which is a line card module that supports 40-Gbps and 10-Gbps Ethernet interfaces. This line card module provides additional connectivity options for network devices and servers.
Scalability and Capacity Planning
The N7K-C7018-FAB-1 Cisco Nexus 7000 Hot Swappable Switch Fabric Module is a high-performance and scalable switch fabric module that offers a capacity of up to 120 Gbps of non-blocking switching capacity. It is designed for use in large data centers and enterprise networks that require high performance, reliability, and scalability.
- The N7K-C7018-FAB-1 switch fabric module is designed to be easily scalable, allowing organizations to expand their network infrastructure as their needs grow.
- The module supports a wide range of switch modules and line cards, which can be added as needed to expand the network capacity.
- The switch fabric module also supports Cisco's Virtual Device Context (VDC) technology, which enables organizations to create multiple virtual devices within the same physical switch, further increasing scalability and network flexibility.
- The N7K-C7018-FAB-1 switch fabric module provides 120 Gbps of non-blocking switching capacity, making it suitable for large data centers and enterprise networks that require high performance and scalability.
- When planning for capacity, organizations should consider factors such as the number of ports required, the type of line cards used, and the overall network traffic patterns.
- Cisco provides tools and guidelines to assist organizations with capacity planning and design, such as the Nexus 7000 Series Architecture and Design Guide and the Cisco Network Assistant tool.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: N7K-C7018-FAB-1
- Type: Networking
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Name: 18 Slot Fabric Module
- Product Type : Switch Fabric Module
- Form Factor : Hot-Swappable
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product N7K-C7018-FAB-1 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Fabric Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.