Redundant Power Supply
The Cisco NCS4200-2Q-P NCS 4200 2x 40GbE Line Card QSFP Expansion Module comes with a redundant power supply feature, which is designed to ensure that the module continues to operate even if one of the power supplies fails. This helps to improve the reliability and availability of the network by minimizing the risk of downtime or interruption due to power supply failures.
The redundant power supply feature works by providing two independent power supplies that are capable of providing power to the module simultaneously. In the event that one power supply fails, the other power supply takes over and continues to provide power to the module, ensuring that it continues to function without interruption.
The redundant power supply feature also provides several benefits, including:
- Improved reliability: The redundant power supply feature helps to improve the reliability of the module by ensuring that it continues to function even in the event of a power supply failure.
- Increased availability: The redundant power supply feature helps to increase the availability of the module by minimizing the risk of downtime or interruption due to power supply failures.
- Redundant power inputs: The module also comes with two power inputs, providing further redundancy and allowing the module to be connected to two separate power sources.
- Hot-swappable: The power supplies are hot-swappable, which means that they can be replaced while the module is still in operation, without the need to power it down or disrupt network operations.
Troubleshooting and Diagnostic Tools
The Cisco NCS4200-2Q-P NCS 4200 2x 40GbE Line Card QSFP Expansion Module provides various troubleshooting and diagnostic tools to help diagnose and resolve issues. Some of the tools are:
- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Commands: The Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) provides various diagnostic and troubleshooting commands, such as "show interface," "show port-channel," and "show platform hardware qfp active forwarding." These commands can be used to check the status and configuration of the module, and identify any issues or errors.
- Port Mirroring: The NCS4200-2Q-P module supports port mirroring, which allows the traffic on one or more ports to be mirrored to another port for analysis. This feature can be used to diagnose network issues and monitor traffic.
- Packet Capture: The module supports packet capture, which allows network packets to be captured and analyzed. This feature can be used to diagnose network issues and monitor traffic.
- Loopback Testing: The module supports loopback testing, which allows a signal to be sent from a port and received on the same port for testing and diagnostics. This feature can be used to test the integrity of the module and diagnose network issues.
- Traffic Monitoring: The module supports traffic monitoring, which allows traffic statistics to be collected and analyzed. This feature can be used to identify traffic patterns and diagnose network issues.
- Event Logging: The module supports event logging, which allows events and errors to be logged for analysis. This feature can be used to identify and diagnose issues with the module or the network.
- Remote Monitoring: The module supports remote monitoring, which allows the module to be monitored and managed remotely using SNMP or other management protocols. This feature can be used to diagnose issues and manage the module from a remote location.
Deployment and Configuration
The deployment and configuration of the Cisco NCS4200-2Q-P NCS 4200 2x 40GbE Line Card QSFP Expansion Module involves the following steps:
- Ensure that the NCS4200 chassis is powered off and disconnected from the power source before proceeding with the deployment.
- Verify that the module is compatible with the chassis and the software version running on the NCS4200 switch.
- Locate the available slot on the NCS4200 chassis for the module and remove the blank cover from that slot.
- Align the module with the slot and gently slide it into the slot until it clicks into place. Make sure that the module is firmly seated in the slot and the connectors are properly aligned.
- Secure the module in place using the screws provided with the module.
- Connect the necessary cables to the module, including the power cables, Ethernet cables, and fiber-optic cables. Make sure that the cables are properly connected and secured in place.
- Power on the switch and verify that the module is detected and initialized by the switch. This can be done by running the "show module" command on the switch.
- Access the command-line interface (CLI) of the NCS4200 switch using a console connection or remote access.
- Enter the global configuration mode by typing "configure terminal" command.
- Configure the module ports by typing the appropriate configuration commands. For example, to configure port 1 and 2, type "interface fortyGigabitEthernet1/1" and "interface fortyGigabitEthernet1/2".
- Configure the necessary settings for the module ports, including speed, duplex, VLANs, and other settings.
- Verify the module configuration by running the appropriate show commands. For example, to view the module port configuration, type "show interface fortyGigabitEthernet1/1".
- Save the configuration changes by typing "copy running-config startup-config" command.
General Information about this Cisco NCS4200-2Q-P
- Brand: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# NCS4200-2Q-P
- Product Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: Expansion Module/Interface Module
Specifications of Expansion Module/Interface Module
- Media Type Supported : Optical Fiber
- Ethernet Technology: 40 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 40GBase-X
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Country of Origin: China
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.