Key Features and Benefits
The NIM-4FXS Cisco 4 Ports FXS Network Interface Module is a device designed to support voice and fax communication over a network. The key features and benefits of this module are:
- Multiple Ports: The NIM-4FXS has four FXS ports, providing the ability to connect multiple voice and fax devices to the network.
- Voice and Fax Support: The module supports both voice and fax communication, allowing for the integration of legacy telephony equipment into the network.
- Interoperability: The NIM-4FXS is designed to work seamlessly with Cisco voice and fax devices, ensuring a consistent and reliable communication experience.
- Easy Deployment: The module is easy to install and deploy, reducing the time and effort required to implement it into the network.
- Reliable Power Supply: The module has a built-in power supply, ensuring reliable power to connected devices and avoiding the need for an external power source.
- Cost-Effective Solution: The NIM-4FXS provides a cost-effective solution for supporting voice and fax communication over the network, eliminating the need for separate voice and fax equipment.
- Scalability: The module can be easily scaled to meet the growing needs of the network, making it a flexible and scalable solution for voice and fax communication.
- Network Integration: The NIM-4FXS integrates with the network, allowing for the consolidation of voice and data networks and improving network efficiency.
Technical specifications of Interface Module
The NIM-4FXS Cisco 4 Ports FXS Network Interface Module is a voice and fax interface card that provides connectivity for analog devices in a Cisco network. The module is designed to support a variety of telephony applications and has several technical specifications that determine its capabilities and performance.
Here are some of the key technical specifications of the NIM-4FXS:
- Interface: The NIM-4FXS has 4 Foreign Exchange Station (FXS) ports for analog devices, such as telephones, fax machines, and analog modems. The ports support analog line signaling and provide loop-start line supervision.
- Protocol Support: The NIM-4FXS supports industry-standard protocols such as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), and Voice over ATM (VoATM). The module also supports fax transmission protocols such as T.38.
- Power Supply: The NIM-4FXS is designed to be powered by an external power supply, with a voltage range of 9 to 48V DC.
- Network Connectivity: The NIM-4FXS module can be integrated into Cisco routers and switches to provide connectivity for analog devices in a network. The module supports slot-based connectivity and is compatible with a range of Cisco routers and switches.
- Environmental Requirements: The NIM-4FXS is designed to operate in environments with a temperature range of 0 to 40°C and a relative humidity of 5 to 95% non-condensing.
- Physical Dimensions: The NIM-4FXS module measures 15.3 cm x 10.2 cm x 2.5 cm and has a weight of approximately 0.5 kg.
- Regulatory Compliance: The NIM-4FXS is compliant with relevant industry standards and regulations, including RoHS and WEEE.
Configuration and Deployment
The configuration and deployment of the NIM-4FXS Cisco 4 Ports FXS Network Interface Module involves the setup and installation of the module in a Cisco voice and data network. The following steps outline the process of configuring and deploying the NIM-4FXS:
- Preparing the Network: Before deploying the NIM-4FXS, ensure that the network infrastructure is in place and the necessary equipment and tools are available.
- Physical Installation: The NIM-4FXS is installed in a Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) or a Cisco Enterprise Communications Manager (CUCM) server. It is recommended to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for installing the NIM-4FXS in the router or server.
- Configuring the Router or Server: Once the NIM-4FXS is installed, the router or server must be configured to support
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: NIM-4FXS
- Product Name Voice Interface Card (VIC)
- Product Type Voice Interface Card (VIC)
- Interfaces/Ports Details 4 x FXS Network
- Compatibility Cisco 4451-X Integrated Services Routers
Telephony technology deals with the interaction between two or parties that are physically distant. The interaction often involves electronic voice communication, videoconferencing, text messages, and faxing. Telephony has now evolved into the internet sphere, allowing users to communicate via IP (Internet Protocol) networks. This is done at lower costs than the traditional telephonic systems. IP telephonic systems can be found on a host of computing devices such as PCs, desktop computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Users need to invest in reliable, scalable, and robust telephony equipment to help meet enterprise needs. Every business needs to constantly communicate with employees, suppliers, and customers for improved business performance. There are a series of smart features of available telephony equipment that users can benefit from. These include real-time telephone calls, video conferencing, privacy protection, faxing, instant messaging, and more.
These high-end technologies are ideal for several organizations that require an improved approach to their telephony networking. That way, they can be sure of maximizing business mobility and continuity.
Several types of office phone systems are available to be employed by users. These phone systems run on different technology platforms. They can make use of VoIP, PBX, or analog. A user's telephone system choice will depend on the extensions, business applications, wiring, and budget. There are three major types that users can choose from, and they include KSU, PBX, and VoIP.
KSU (Key System Unit)
The Key System Unit is a multi-line telephony system that performs under a central control device. Present key system units now offer users with advanced features for businesses with up to 75 employees. These types of systems are often known as a hybrid telephone system. They incorporate the features of both key and PBX systems, offering improved efficiency. A great advantage of key systems is that the users can expand them as the business expands, and more employees are available.
PBX (Private Branch Exchange)
Larger businesses employ these types of telephony systems. They can accommodate well over 75 employees, and they have several advanced features standard on them. These systems offer increased flexibility, which allows them to be used for complex operations in business environments. Their flexibility and customizable features ensure that they offer good value for money.
VoIP (Voice over IP)
This type is the latest telephonic system that allows businesses to connect in different locations. These locations can be within a locale or other places in the world. VoIP telephony equipment works by sending voice calls via the internet without the need for traditional telephones.
VoIP technology enables businesses to communicate with remote workers and branch offices. That is, users can place and receive calls anywhere in the world with the same number. The traditional VoIP technology allows companies to own and manage the telephony equipment themselves. On the other hand, the hosted VoIP system is controlled by a service provider.Cloud-based telephony equipment manages and maintains a company's communication, relieving the IT department of such duties. That way, it frees up time and allows employees to focus on other important tasks.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product NIM-4FXS at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Telephony
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.