Management and Monitoring Options
The NM-16ESW-PWR-1GIG Cisco 16 Ports Ethernet Switch offers several management and monitoring options to help administrators manage and maintain the switch effectively. One of the options is the use of Cisco IOS Software which provides a wide range of features and functions for managing and monitoring the switch. The switch also supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) which allows for the monitoring of switch statistics and performance, as well as the ability to receive notifications of certain events, such as a link failure. Additionally, the switch also supports Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) which allows for the automatic discovery and management of Cisco devices on the network. The switch also has a support of RMON (Remote Monitoring) which allows for advanced monitoring of network traffic, errors, and other statistics, giving the network administrator more visibility and control over the network.
Features and Capabilities
The NM-16ESW-PWR-1GIG Cisco 16 Ports Ethernet Switch is a network module that provides 16 fast Ethernet ports and 1 Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting devices to a Cisco router. It offers a variety of features and capabilities to support the needs of small to medium-sized businesses and enterprise networks.
- High-Speed Connectivity: The switch supports 10/100Mbps speeds on fast Ethernet ports and 1000Mbps speeds on the Gigabit Ethernet port, allowing for fast and efficient data transfer.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS, which allows for prioritization of important traffic such as voice and video, ensuring smooth delivery of high-priority applications.
- VLAN Support: The switch supports Virtual LANs (VLANs), which allows for the segmentation of a network into smaller, more manageable sub-networks.
- Link Aggregation: The switch supports Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) which allows for the bundling of multiple ports to increase the available bandwidth and improve link redundancy.
- Remote Management: The switch supports remote management and access, allowing network administrators to manage the switch remotely using a web browser or through the command-line interface (CLI).
- Power Over Ethernet: The switch also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) which allows for the delivery of power to devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras over the Ethernet cable.
- Security: The switch supports advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Port Security which allow for the restriction of network access and the prevention of unauthorized devices from connecting to the network.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The NM-16ESW-PWR-1GIG is a Cisco 16-port Ethernet switch that has Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities. QoS is a networking feature that allows you to prioritize certain types of network traffic over others, ensuring that important traffic, such as voice and video, is given priority over less important traffic, such as file transfers or web browsing. This can help ensure that network traffic is delivered with a high level of performance and that critical applications are not impacted by network congestion. The switch can support advanced QoS features such as traffic shaping, traffic policing, and congestion management, which can help you to control how much bandwidth is available for different types of traffic and to ensure that the network is used efficiently.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number NM-16ESW-PWR-1GIG
- Brand Name Cisco
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Interfaces/Ports: 16 x 10/100Base-TX LAN
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x 10/100/1000Base-T LAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 16 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX Auto-sensing LAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T LAN
Media & Performance
- Connectivity Media: Twisted Pair
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 Mbps Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Daughter Cards: 1 x PPWR-DCARD-16ESW
Management & Protocols
- Cisco IOS Command-Line Interface (CLI)
- SNMP Management
- Support for 802.1P QoS
- Voice Virtual LAN (VLAN) Feature for IP Phones
- Additional Information:
- Spare Product
- 802.1Q Trunking
- 802.1D Spanning Tree
- Features 4-/8-MB shared-memory architecture that is shared across all ports
- Requires a double-wide slot
- Cisco 2600 Series
- Cisco 2811 and 2821 Series
- Cisco 2851 Series
- Cisco 3620 and 3640 Series
- Cisco 3660 Series
- Cisco 3700 Series
- Cisco 3800 Series
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.