Compatible Devices and Applications
The Cisco QSFP-H40G-AOC-25M= 25 Meter 40GB Base Active Optical Cable is compatible with a wide range of devices and applications. Some of the compatible devices and applications are:
- Network Switches: The cable is compatible with a variety of Cisco network switches, such as the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series, the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series, and the Cisco Nexus 3000 Series.
- Network Interface Cards: The cable is also compatible with network interface cards (NICs), such as the Cisco UCS VIC 1385 and the Cisco UCS VIC 1340.
- Storage Devices: The cable can be used with storage devices, such as the Cisco MDS 9000 Series Multilayer Switches.
- High-performance Computing (HPC) Applications: The cable is suitable for use in HPC applications that require high bandwidth and low latency, such as scientific research and financial modeling.
- Data Centers: The cable is ideal for use in data centers, where it can be used to connect servers, switches, and storage devices.
- Cloud Computing: The cable can be used in cloud computing environments, where it can be used to connect servers, switches, and storage devices.
Regulatory and Compliance Information
Cisco QSFP-H40G-AOC-25M= is a 25-meter 40GBASE active optical cable (AOC) designed for use in data center and high-performance computing environments. As a network component, it may be subject to regulatory and compliance requirements in different regions.
Here are some of the relevant regulatory and compliance information for Cisco QSFP-H40G-AOC-25M=:
- Safety: The cable should comply with the safety standards of the region in which it is used. For example, in the United States, the cable should comply with the safety standards of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- EMC: The cable should comply with electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) regulations of the region in which it is used. For example, in the European Union, the cable should comply with the EMC Directive 2014/30/EU.
- RoHS: The cable should be compliant with the EU Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU, which restricts the use of certain hazardous substances in electronic equipment.
- REACH: The cable should comply with the European Union Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 on the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), which regulates the use of chemical substances in products.
- FCC: The cable should comply with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations in the United States. The FCC regulates the use of radio frequency devices in the country.
- CE: The cable should bear the CE marking, indicating that it meets the health, safety, and environmental protection standards of the European Union.
Cisco QSFP-H40G-AOC-25M= should be accompanied by a Declaration of Conformity (DoC) that certifies that the cable complies with the applicable regulations and standards.
Features and Specifications
The Cisco QSFP-H40G-AOC-25M= 25 Meter 40GB Base Active Optical Cable is a high-performance cable that offers reliable connectivity between devices. Some of the key features and specifications of the cable are:
- Length: The cable is 25 meters (82 feet) long, making it suitable for use in medium-sized data centers.
- Speed: The cable supports a maximum data transfer rate of 40 Gbps, which is ideal for high-bandwidth applications such as HPC and cloud computing.
- Connector Type: The cable has QSFP+ (Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable Plus) connectors on both ends, which are compatible with QSFP+ ports on devices such as switches, NICs, and routers.
- Fiber Type: The cable uses multimode fiber (MMF) to transmit data over distances of up to 25 meters.
- Active Optical Cable (AOC) Technology: The cable uses AOC technology to transmit data, which combines the high-speed and low-latency characteristics of optical fiber with the flexibility and ease of use of copper cabling.
- Compatibility: The cable is compatible with a variety of Cisco devices, including network switches, NICs, and storage devices.
- Power Consumption: The cable has a low power consumption of less than 1 watt, which makes it energy-efficient and environmentally friendly.
General Information about this Cisco QSFP-H40G-AOC-25M=
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# QSFP-H40G-AOC-25M=
- Product Type: Optical Cable
About New Bulk Pack Products
Cables - Optical Cable
Many people are currently talking about fiber optic cables. This new invention is the future of computer networking, taking over from all-time copper wire cables. If you are looking forward to setting up a new data center, or you just want an upgrade, then optical fiber cable is the way to go. It might seem like a new invention, but the cables are all out there. You can get any networking cable and interfacing cable you need for your application.
Types of Fiber Optical Cables for Networking
We may not exploit all the types of these optical cables out there, but we must bring it to your attention that you will always get what you need. There are two major categories of these cables depending on the core material. We have either plastic or glass cables, but these should not make any difference if you just want a home or office networking.
The two major categories are broken down into small groups of interest depending on the end connectors. The list of subgroups is endless, but we will quickly mention the commonly used ones. On the list, we have LC-LC cable, InfiniBand, ProLiant, Patch cable, and standard fiber optical cables. Please note that the first three items on the list are special-purpose cables commonly used in data centers.
Get Greater Bandwidth with Optical Cable
Fiber optical cable or LC cable was invented to replace copper cables because of their limited bandwidth. As technology advances, there is a need for a higher data rate than copper wires can handle. Fiber optic cable has more bandwidth compared to copper conductors of the same diameter. It never matters whether you have single-mode or multimode fiber cables; your applications are always at the top.
Higher Data Transfer Rates
Fiber optical cables are also champions when it comes to data speeds. Unlike copper conductors that rely on electrons to transfer data, fiber cables use light. So, the theoretical data rate is the speed of light. It can deliver data at that high speed while maintaining integrity. The resistance of fiber cables to environmental and magnetic interference with the signal is also remarkable!
Cheaper in the Long Run
What turns people away from fiber cables is the initial purchase price, but that is predicted to fall in the coming years. Despite that, these cables are very much cheaper in the end because of almost no maintenance cost. They also come with many advantages over their distant rivals, copper cables, worth the cost. What you actually pay for when you buy an optical cable is the performance and technology used in the manufacturing.
Where to Buy Quality Optical CablesWhether you are looking for special-purpose cables such as InfiniBand cables or LC fiber cables, look no further than ALLHDD. We source all the products from your favorite manufacturers: Dell, HP, Cisco, etc. We also keep high integrity standards, and all products are handled with care while in our warehouse. Any optical cable or other computer hardware you will receive from us is in good condition. You also have a 30-day warranty to return the product for a replacement if there are any flaws in it. Contact us to complete your order now.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.