Network Management and Security Features
The SF250-48HP-K9 Cisco 250 Series switch is a 48-port Gigabit Ethernet managed switch with Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) capabilities. It offers a range of network management and security features, including:
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features to prioritize network traffic and ensure smooth delivery of critical applications
- Access control lists (ACLs) to restrict network access based on user and device characteristics
- IEEE 802.1x port-based authentication to secure network access
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to bundle multiple physical ports together to form a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy
- Storm control to prevent broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast traffic from overwhelming the network
- Support for Cisco TrustSec, which enables the creation of secure access policies based on user and device attributes
- VLANs to segment a network into smaller, virtual networks for improved security and management
- Support for Cisco EnergyWISE technology to monitor and reduce energy consumption
It also comes with Cisco web-based GUI for easy management and control of the switch.
Maximizing Connectivity and Power
There are several ways to maximize the connectivity and power of the SF250-48HP-K9 Cisco 250 Series switch:
- Use all 48 PoE+ ports to power devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras. This eliminates the need for separate power supplies and allows for a cleaner and more streamlined network setup.
- Utilize the Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to bundle multiple physical ports together to form a single logical link, increasing bandwidth and providing redundancy. This can be useful for connecting servers or other high-bandwidth devices.
- Implement Quality of Service (QoS) features to prioritize network traffic and ensure smooth delivery of critical applications. This can be useful for applications that require low latency or high throughput, such as VoIP or video streaming.
- Utilize VLANs to segment the network into smaller, virtual networks for improved security and management. This can be useful for isolating different departments or users within an organization, or for separating guest and corporate networks.
- Use Access Control Lists (ACLs) to restrict network access based on user and device characteristics. This can be useful for preventing unauthorized access to sensitive network resources.
- Implement IEEE 802.1x port-based authentication to secure network access. This can be useful for controlling access to the network based on user credentials.
- Use storm control to prevent broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast traffic from overwhelming the network. This can be useful for preventing Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.
- Use Cisco EnergyWISE technology to monitor and reduce energy consumption. This can help to save on energy costs and reduce the environmental impact of the network.
It's worth noting that, to maximize the functionality of the switch it's recommended to have a proper network design, as well as proper configuration of the switch and network devices.
Expandability and Scalability
The SF250-48HP-K9 Cisco 250 Series switch is a 48-port Gigabit Ethernet switch with Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) capabilities. It is designed for small and medium-sized businesses, and can be used for a variety of applications such as network segmentation, access control, and power management.
In terms of expandability, the SF250-48HP-K9 supports stacking, which allows multiple switches to be connected together and managed as a single unit. This allows for increased scalability, as more ports can be added as needed. Additionally, the SF250-48HP-K9 supports Cisco's EnergyWise technology, which allows for power management of connected devices, and can help to reduce energy consumption.
In terms of scalability, the SF250-48HP-K9 supports a variety of features that allow it to adapt to changing network requirements. For example, it supports Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritizing different types of network traffic, and it supports VLANs for segmenting the network. Additionally, it supports Cisco's Smartports, which allow for easy configuration of ports based on their intended use (e.g. for servers, for IP phones, etc.).
Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number SF250-48HP-K9
Brand Name Cisco
Product Series 250
Product Model SF250-48HP
Product Name SF250-48HP 48-Port 10 100 PoE Smart Switch
Product Type Ethernet Switch
Total Number of Network Ports 48
Uplink Port No
Stack Port No
Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
Port/Expansion Slot Details 48 x Fast Ethernet Network
Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Media & Performance
Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
Network Technology 1000Base-T
Network Technology 1000Base-X
Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
Expansion Slot Type SFP
Shared SFP Slot Yes
Number of SFP Slots 2
Network & Communication
Layer Supported 2
Management & Protocols
Power Source Power Supply
SF250-48HP 48-Port 10 100 PoE Smart Switch
Quick Start Guide
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SF250-48HP-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.