Features and Benefits
- Layer 3 Capabilities: The SF550X-24-K9-NA is a Layer 3 managed switch, which means it can perform advanced routing and switching functions, including support for VLANs, Quality of Service (QoS), and IPv4/IPv6 routing. This makes it a great option for small businesses that need more advanced network capabilities.
- 24 Ports: The switch has 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports, providing ample connectivity options for a small business.
- Easy Management: The SF550X-24-K9-NA includes a web-based interface and Cisco's Smartports technology, making it easy for small business administrators to manage and configure the switch.
- Advanced Security: The switch includes security features such as access control lists, DHCP snooping, and IP Source Guard, to protect against network threats.
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE): The switch supports PoE, allowing for easy deployment of IP phones, wireless access points, and other PoE-enabled devices.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The SF550X-24-K9-NA supports QoS, which allows for prioritization of network traffic, ensuring that critical applications and services receive the bandwidth they need.
- IPv6 Support: The switch supports both IPv4 and IPv6, allowing for seamless integration with existing networks and future-proofing the network infrastructure.
- Energy Efficient: The SF550X-24-K9-NA is designed to be energy-efficient, reducing power consumption and operating costs for small businesses.
- Scalable: The SF550X-24-K9-NA can be easily expanded with additional switches, providing scalability and flexibility for growing small businesses.
- Warranty and Support: The SF550X-24-K9-NA comes with a limited lifetime warranty and access to Cisco's technical support resources, giving small businesses peace of mind and assurance that their network is in good hands.
Power Efficiency and Energy Savings
The Cisco Small Business 24 Ports Managed Switch (SF550X-24-K9-NA) is designed with power efficiency and energy savings in mind. Some of the key features that support these capabilities include:
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE): This feature reduces power consumption during periods of low network activity by putting the ports into a low-power idle state.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The switch can provide power to connected devices using PoE, eliminating the need for separate power adapters.
- Power savings mode: The switch can be configured to automatically enter a low-power mode when not in use, reducing power consumption.
Additionally, the SF550X-24-K9-NA has a built-in power supply that is designed to be highly efficient, further reducing power consumption. The switch also supports Energy Detect, which allows it to automatically detect and adjust power usage based on the level of activity on the network.
Scalability and Expansion
The Cisco Small Business 24 Ports Managed Switch (SF550X-24-K9-NA) is designed for small to medium-sized businesses and offers scalability and expansion options to meet the growing needs of a business. Some of the key features that support scalability and expansion include:
- Stackable design: The switch can be stacked with other Cisco Small Business switches, allowing for easy expansion and management of a network.
- VLAN support: The switch supports Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), which allows for segmentation of a network and improves security.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS, which allows for prioritization of network traffic and improves performance for critical applications.
- Port aggregation: The switch supports port aggregation, which allows multiple ports to be grouped together to increase bandwidth and improve network performance.
Additionally, the SF550X-24-K9-NA supports advanced security features, such as access control lists (ACLs) and 802.1X authentication, which can help businesses protect their network and data. With its scalability and expansion options, the Cisco Small Business 24 Ports Managed Switch is a great option for small to medium-sized businesses looking to grow their network.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: SF550X-24-K9-NA
- Product Series 550X
- Product Model SF550X-24
- Product Name SF550X-24 Layer 3 Switch
- Product Type Layer 3 Switch
- SKU: SF550X-24-K9-NA
Total Number of Network Ports 26
Uplink Port Yes
Stack Port Yes
Port/Expansion Slot Details 24 x Fast Ethernet Network
Port/Expansion Slot Details 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Network
Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
Ethernet Technology 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology 10GBase-X
Network Technology 10GBase-T
Network Technology 10/100Base-T
Number of Total Expansion Slots 4
Expansion Slot Type SFP+
Shared SFP Slot Yes
Number of SFP+ Slots 4
Network & Communication
Layer Supported 3
Management & Protocols
Power Source Power Supply
Redundant Power Supply Supported Yes
SF550X-24 Layer 3 Switch
CD-ROM with User Documentation (PDF)
Quick Start Guide
Dimension and Weight
Form Factor Rack-mountable
Height 1.7 Inch
Width 17.3 Inch
Depth 10.1 Inch
Weight (Approximate) 6.81 Lbs
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SF550X-24-K9-NA at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.