Performance and Reliability of Ethernet Switch
The SM-ES2-24= Cisco Enhanced Ethernet Switch Module is a high-performance and reliable switch module that is designed for use in Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) and Cisco Aggregation Services Routers (ASRs). The module provides 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports and supports advanced switching features such as Quality of Service (QoS), Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), and Access Control Lists (ACLs).
In terms of performance, the product delivers wire-speed switching and routing capabilities, with a forwarding rate of up to 128 Gbps. It also supports jumbo frames up to 9216 bytes, which allows for efficient transfer of large files and multimedia content.
In terms of reliability, the model is built on a robust and proven platform, which includes features such as redundant power supplies and fans, as well as a hot-swappable design. This allows for easy replacement of components in the event of a failure, minimizing downtime and ensuring continuous operation.
The part also supports advanced security features such as IEEE 802.1X port-based authentication and Cisco TrustSec, which provides secure identity-based access control and data confidentiality.
The SM-ES2-24= Cisco 23-Ports 10/100 1-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch is compliant with several industry standards that define its functionality and performance. These standards include:
- IEEE 802.3: This standard defines the basic specifications for Ethernet, including the physical layer and data link layer.
- IEEE 802.3u: This standard defines the specifications for Fast Ethernet, which is a faster version of Ethernet that operates at 100Mbps.
- IEEE 802.3z: This standard defines the specifications for Gigabit Ethernet, which is even faster than Fast Ethernet and operates at 1Gbps.
- IEEE 802.3x: This standard defines the specifications for Flow Control, which is used to manage network congestion by controlling the flow of data between devices.
- IEEE 802.1D: This standard defines the specifications for the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), which is used to prevent loops in a network by creating a tree-like structure.
Additionally, the model supports Cisco's EnergyWise technology, which allows the switch to manage power consumption on the network by reducing or shutting off power to devices that are not in use.
Resiliency and High Availability
The SM-ES2-24= Cisco Enhanced Ethernet Switch Module is designed to provide resiliency and high availability for networks. This module features redundant power supplies and fan trays to ensure that the switch continues to operate even in the event of a failure. Additionally, the module supports the use of Cisco's FlexStack-Plus technology, which allows for the use of multiple switches to be stacked together to provide increased capacity and high availability. The module also supports the use of Cisco's StackWise-480 technology, which allows for the use of multiple switches to be stacked together to provide increased capacity and high availability. Overall, the model of Cisco Enhanced Ethernet Switch Module is built to provide a highly available and resilient network infrastructure for organizations.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number SM-ES2-24
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Model SM-ES2-24
- Product Name SM-ES2-24 Enhanced EtherSwitch Service Module
- Product Type Service Module
- Application/Usage Data Networking
- Interfaces/Ports 1 x 10/100/1000Base-T Uplink
- Interfaces/Ports 23 x 10/100Base-TX LAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T Network Auto-negotiation Uplink
- Interfaces/Ports Details 23 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX Network Auto-negotiation LAN
Media & Performance
- Connectivity Media Twisted Pair 10/100/1000Base-T
- Connectivity Media Twisted Pair 10/100Base-TX
- Data Transfer Rate 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate 10 Mbps Ethernet
Management & Protocols
- Management -
- Cisco Configuration Professional
- Cisco Network Assistant
- CiscoWorks LAN Management System (LMS)
- Cisco CNS Configuration Engine
- Cisco Auto Smartports
- Additional Information
- Minimum Cisco EtherSwitch and Cisco IOS Software Release: 12.2(52)EX
- Cisco Router Platforms:
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure, meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in it. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure it to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage on existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fiber technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helping to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalog, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and to monitor a large number of contacts.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SM-ES2-24= at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.