Performance Monitoring and TroubleshootingUCS-EP-MDS9148S-1 is a performance monitoring and troubleshooting tool for the Cisco MDS 9148S Fiber Channel switch. It provides visibility into the performance of the switch and helps in identifying and resolving any issues. The tool allows administrators to monitor switch performance metrics such as bandwidth utilization, error rates, and resource utilization. Additionally, it provides real-time alerts for critical events and facilitates troubleshooting by allowing for detailed analysis of switch logs and statistics. The tool also supports the configuration of thresholds and alerts, enabling proactive monitoring and resolution of potential issues before they become major problems. With its comprehensive monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities, UCS-EP-MDS9148S-1 helps ensure the reliability and optimal performance of the Cisco MDS 9148S Fiber Channel switch.
High Availability and Redundancy Options
UCS-EP-MDS9148S-1 is a performance monitoring and troubleshooting tool for the Cisco MDS 9148S Fiber Channel switch. It provides visibility into the performance of the switch and helps in identifying and resolving any issues. The tool allows administrators to monitor switch performance metrics such as bandwidth utilization, error rates, and resource utilization. Additionally, it provides real-time alerts for critical events and facilitates troubleshooting by allowing for detailed analysis of switch logs and statistics.
Network Scalability and Flexibility
The UCS-EP-MDS9148S-1 Cisco MDS 9148S Fiber Channel switch supports high availability and redundancy options to ensure continuous operation and minimize downtime. Some of these options include:
- Redundant Power Supplies: The switch supports redundant power supplies to ensure continuous operation even in case of a power supply failure.
- Fabric Shortest Path First (FSPF): The switch uses the FSPF protocol to dynamically route data in the network, providing automatic failover in case of link failures.
- Virtual SAN (VSAN): The switch supports multiple virtual storage area networks (VSANs) that can be used to isolate storage traffic and provide redundancy at the storage level.
- Port Channeling: The switch supports port channeling, which allows multiple physical ports to be grouped together to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy.
- Dual-Active Detection: The switch supports dual-active detection to ensure that only one switch in a pair is active at any given time, preventing data loss and ensuring high availability.
These high availability and redundancy options help ensure the reliability and uptime of the Cisco MDS 9148S Fiber Channel switch and support mission-critical applications and storage environments.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number UCS-EP-MDS9148S-1
- Brand Name Cisco
- Device Type Switch - 48 ports - managed
- Enclosure Type Rack-mountable 1U
- Subtype Fibre Channel
- Ports 12 x 8Gb Fibre Channel
- Fibre Channel FC-DA, FC-FLA, FC-FS, FC-GS-3, FC-GS-4, FC-MI, FC-PH, FC-PH-2, FC-PH-3, FC-PI, FC-PLDA, FC-SB-2, FC-SB-3, FC-SW-2, FC-SW-3, FC-Tape, FC-VI, FC-SP, FCP-4, FC-BB-2, FCP, FCP-2, FC-PI-2, FC-BB-5, FC-BB-3, FC-FS-2, FC-GS-5, FC-SW-4, FCP-3, FC-LS, FC-MI-2, FC-PI-4, FC-FS-3, FC-GS-6, FC-PI-3, FC-SW-5, FC-BB-4, FC-IFR, FAIS, FAIS-2, FC-PI-5, FC-LS-2, FC-SP-2, FC-SB-4, FC-DA-2, FC-MI-3, FC-MSQS, FC-BB-6
- Remote Management Protocol RMON, SNMP 3, HTTP, SMI-S, SSH-2, CLI
- Encryption Algorithm AES
- Authentication Method RADIUS, TACACS+, Secure Shell v.2 (SSH2), LDAP, Active Directory
- Features Auto-sensing per device, ISL support, Virtual Route Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), back to front airflow, Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN), role based access control, Registered State Change Notification (RSCN) support, SFTP client
Expansion / Connectivity
- 1 x 1000Base-T RJ-45 management
- 1 x serial (RS-232) RJ-45 management
- 1 x USB Type A
- 12 x 8Gb Fibre Channel LC multi-mode x 2
- 36 x 16Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ Ports on Demand
- Power Device Internal power supply - hot-plug
- Installed Qty 2 (installed) / 2 (max)
- Power Redundancy Yes
- Power Redundancy Scheme 1+1
- Power Provided 300 Watt
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
- CISPR 22 Class A, EN 60950, EN 61000-3-2, IEC 60950, EN 61000-3-3, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, UL 60950, EN50082-1, EN 61000-6-1, ACA TS001, AS/NZS 3260, EMC, ICES-003 Class A, FIPS 140-2, FCC CFR21 Part 1040, EN 60825, IEC 60825, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950
- Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) for SAN Advanced Edition, Cisco MDS 9000 Family Enterprise Package
Please contact us over the phone or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the estimated time of arrival for any "lead time required" item.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product UCS-EP-MDS9148S-1 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.