The Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnect is a managed switch that is used as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) for data center networking. It provides a unified management interface for all the server, storage, and network resources in the data center. The "UP" in the model number indicates that the switch has built-in uplink ports for connecting to external networks. The 6248UP has 48 fixed 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) ports and 6 built-in uplink ports. It also supports virtualization and automation features, such as virtual NICs (vNICs) and virtual HBAs (vHBAs). The switch can be managed using the Cisco UCS Manager software, which provides a centralized management interface for all the components of the UCS system.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnect is a high-performance and reliable managed switch that is designed for use in data center environments. It provides high-bandwidth, low-latency connectivity for servers, storage, and networking devices, which helps to ensure that applications run smoothly and quickly.
The switch supports a number of features that help to improve performance and reliability. For example, it uses a non-blocking architecture to ensure that all ports can operate at full speed simultaneously, and it supports Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need. Additionally, the switch supports virtualization features, such as virtual NICs (vNICs) and virtual HBAs (vHBAs), which can help to improve resource utilization and reduce the number of physical devices that need to be managed.
In terms of reliability, the Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnect is designed for high availability, which helps to ensure that the switch is always available to support the needs of the data center. This is achieved through a number of features, such as redundant power supplies and fans, which help to ensure that the switch can continue to operate even in the event of a failure. Additionally, the switch supports advanced network management features, such as Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Virtual Port Channel (vPC), which help to improve resiliency and eliminate potential single points of failure in the network.
The Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnect is a managed switch that is designed to comply with a number of industry standards. These standards help to ensure that the switch is compatible with other devices and systems, and that it provides a consistent level of performance and functionality. Some of the standards that the Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnect is compliant with include:
- IEEE 802.3: This is the standard for Ethernet, which is the most widely used local area network (LAN) technology. The Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnect supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE), which is a high-speed version of Ethernet that is commonly used in data center environments.
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE): This is a technology that allows Fibre Channel (FC) storage traffic to be carried over Ethernet networks. The Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnect supports FCoE, which helps to simplify the data center network by converging storage and LAN traffic onto a single, unified network.
- Data Center Bridging (DCB): This is a set of standards that help to ensure that Ethernet networks can support lossless traffic, such as storage and Fibre Channel traffic. The Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnect supports DCB, which helps to improve the performance and reliability of storage and other lossless traffic in the data center.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Virtual Port Channel (vPC): These are Cisco proprietary protocols which enables link aggregation between switches. This provides higher availability and bandwidth by allowing multiple physical links to work together as a single logical link.
- IPv6: This is the next-generation version of the Internet Protocol (IP), which is the protocol that is used to route data across the internet. The Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnect supports IPv6, which helps to ensure that the switch is compatible with the latest networking technologies and can support the growing number of devices that are connected to the internet.
General Information about this Cisco UCS-FI-6248UP
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# UCS-FI-6248UP
- Product Type: Managed Switch
Technical Information for Managed Switch
- Device Type: 32 ports Switch
- Enclosure Type Rack-mountable 1U
- Subtype 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports 12 x 10 Gigabit / FCoE SFP+
Performance of 32 Port Switch
- Throughput: 960 Gbps
- MAC Address Table Size 32000 entries
- Jumbo Frame Support 9216 bytes
Management & Protocols
- Remote Management Protocol RMON
- Layer 2 switching, IGMP snooping, Data Center Bridging Exchange (DCBX) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Rapid Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVRST+)
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces 1 x 1000Base-T RJ-45 management ¦ 32 x SFP+
- Expansion Slots 1 (total) / 1 (free) x expansion slot
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 17.3 Inch
- Depth: 30 Inch
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
- Min Storage Temperature: -40 °F
- Max Storage Temperature: 158 °F
- Humidity Range Storage: 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
- Power Device Internal power supply - hot-plug
- Installed Qty 0 (installed) / 2 (max)
- Power Redundancy Optional
- Power Redundancy Scheme 1+1 (with optional power supply)
- Compliant Standards BSMI CNS 13438 Class A, CISPR 24, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, CISPR 22, EN50082-1, EN 61000-6-1, AS/NZS 60950-1, ICES-003 Class A, RoHS, FCC CFR47 Part 15, UL 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, GB 4943, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.