More Information of this Item
The WS-C2960-48TC-S is a Cisco Catalyst 2960 48-ports Ethernet switch. It is a fixed-configuration, standalone switch that provides 48 10/100 Fast Ethernet ports. These ports can be used to connect devices such as computers, servers, and other network devices together, allowing them to communicate with each other.
The switch also supports a variety of advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) and security. QoS allows to prioritize the traffic based on the type and the importance of the data, ensuring that the most important data is delivered first. Security features help to protect the network and the data from potential threats.
The switch also provides power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities, which allows to power devices connected to the switch over the Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for a separate power supply. This is particularly useful for devices such as IP phones and wireless access points, which can be powered over the Ethernet cable.
This item is an affordable and reliable solution for small to medium-sized businesses. It provides a sufficient number of ports and advanced features to support a variety of network applications, while its power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities make it an efficient and cost-effective solution for powering network devices.
The model Cisco Catalyst 2960 48-ports Ethernet switch is designed to provide high performance and reliability for small to medium-sized business networks, as well as enterprise branch offices.
One way it achieves this is by providing 48 Ethernet 10/100 ports, which allow for fast and reliable data transfer between devices connected to the network. Additionally, it has 2 SFP (small form-factor pluggable) uplink ports for fiber connectivity, which provide increased bandwidth and support for longer distances.
The switch also supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) and security features like Access Control Lists (ACLs) and IEEE 802.1X network login. These help ensure that network traffic is properly prioritized and that the network is protected from potential threats, which helps to keep the network stable and secure.
The switch also supports Cisco EnergyWise technology, which allows the switch to monitor and manage power consumption of connected devices, helping to reduce energy costs. This helps to improve the overall efficiency of the switch, and thus increase the performance.
The WS-C2960-48TC-S also supports Cisco's StackWise and FlexStack technologies, which allow multiple switches to be connected and managed as a single entity, providing increased reliability and ease of management. This means that if one switch fails, the others in the stack will continue to function, which helps to minimize downtime and ensure high availability.
The WS-C2960-48TC-S Cisco Catalyst 2960 48-port Ethernet switch is compliant with a number of industry standards. Some of these include:
- IEEE 802.3: This is the standard for Ethernet, which defines the physical layer and the data link layer of Ethernet networks. The switch supports 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet and supports the IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet standard and the IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet standard.
- IEEE 802.3af/at Power over Ethernet (PoE/PoE+): This standard defines the delivery of power over Ethernet cabling, which allows the switch to power devices such as wireless access points, IP phones, and cameras. The switch supports both IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at, which provide a total PoE power budget of 370 watts.
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging: This standard defines a method for tagging Ethernet frames with a VLAN ID, which allows for the creation of multiple virtual LANs on a single physical network. This feature allows the switch to create multiple broadcast domains, which helps to improve security and traffic management.
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control: This standard defines a mechanism for controlling the flow of data on an Ethernet network to prevent data loss. The switch supports IEEE 802.3x flow control for full-duplex operation and backpressure flow control for half-duplex operation.
- IEEE 802.1p Priority Tagging: This standard defines a method for tagging Ethernet frames with a priority value, which allows for the creation of multiple priority levels on a single network. This feature allows the switch to create multiple traffic classes, which helps to improve QoS and traffic management.
- Cisco EnergyWise: This technology allows the switch to monitor and manage power consumption of network infrastructure and network-attached devices. This helps to reduce energy consumption and lower costs.
General Information about Cisco WS-C2960-48TC-S
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C2960-48TC-S
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 2960
- Product Model 2960-48TC
- Product Name Catalyst 2960-48TC Managed Ethernet Switch
- Product Type Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 48
- Uplink Port Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 48
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Fast Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 48 x Fast Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
Performance of Catalyst 2960-48TC Managed Switch
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard Category 5
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- Network Technology 10Base-T
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
- Expansion Slot Type SFP
- Number of SFP Slots 2
- Standard Memory 64 MB
- Memory Technology DRAM
- Flash Memory 32 MB
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Width: 17.5 Inch
- Depth: 9.3 Inch
- Weight: 8 LBS
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C2960-48TC-S at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.