Cisco Catalyst 2960-8TC is a managed Ethernet switch that provides 8 Fast Ethernet ports for connecting devices on a local area network (LAN). It is part of the Cisco Catalyst 2960-8TC series, which is designed for small and medium-sized businesses, and offers a range of features to help improve network performance, security, and manageability.
Some of the key features of the WS-C2960-8TC-L include:
- Managed: As a managed switch, it allows you to configure and manage various aspects of the switch through a web-based interface or using a command-line interface (CLI). This includes setting up VLANs, configuring port settings, and monitoring network traffic.
- Fast Ethernet: The 8 Fast Ethernet ports on the Model provide a connection speed of up to 100 Mbps, which is suitable for most small and medium-sized businesses.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The Model supports QoS, which allows you to prioritize certain types of network traffic (such as voice or video) to ensure that they receive a higher level of service. This can help to improve the performance of real-time applications on the network.
- Security: The Model includes a number of security features to help protect your network against unauthorized access and attacks. These include access control lists (ACLs), which allow you to specify which devices are allowed to access certain parts of the network, and port security, which prevents unauthorized devices from connecting to the switch.
Features and Benefits
This Model Cisco Catalyst 2960-8TC is a managed Ethernet switch that provides 8 Fast Ethernet ports for connecting devices on a local area network (LAN). As a Fast Ethernet switch, it is capable of providing a connection speed of up to 100 Mbps on each of its ports. This is suitable for most small and medium-sized businesses, and is sufficient for handling most types of network traffic, including data, voice, and video.
In terms of performance, the Model is designed to provide a high level of reliability and uptime. It supports Quality of Service (QoS) features that allow you to prioritize certain types of network traffic to ensure that they receive a higher level of service, which can help to improve the performance of real-time applications on the network.
The Model also includes a number of features to help improve the security of your network. These include access control lists (ACLs) and port security, which can help to prevent unauthorized devices from accessing the network.
Power and Innovation
The WS-C2960-8TC-L Cisco Catalyst 2960-8TC 8 Ports Managed Switch is known for its power and innovation. It has several features that contribute to its power and innovation, including:
- High-Speed Connectivity: The switch supports Gigabit Ethernet, which allows for high-speed network connections. This helps to ensure that the network can handle high traffic and support bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports advanced QoS features, which allow for the prioritization of different types of traffic. This helps to ensure that mission-critical applications receive the bandwidth they need, even during times of high network traffic.
- Advanced Security Features: The switch supports advanced security features, such as access control lists (ACLs) and port security, to help protect the network from unauthorized access and other security threats.
- Easy Management: The switch is easy to manage, thanks to its web-based graphical user interface (GUI) and command-line interface (CLI). This makes it easy to configure and troubleshoot the switch, which helps to ensure that the network is up and running smoothly.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE): The switch supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), which reduces power consumption when the network is idle. This helps to lower energy costs and reduce the environmental impact of the network.
- IPv6 Support: The switch supports IPv6 which is the new generation of Internet Protocol, providing enhanced security and scalability for the network infrastructure.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C2960-8TC-L
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C2960-8TC-L
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 2960
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for Ethernet 8 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 8
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 8
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 8 x Fast Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 1 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 1 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
Performance of Managed Switch
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
Dimension and Weight
- Form Factor Desktop
- Wall Mountable
- Height: 1.7 inch
- Width: 10.4 inch
- Depth: 6.4 inch
- Weight: (Approximate) 4 Lbs
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C2960-8TC-L at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.