The WS-C3560CG-8TC-S is a compact, fixed-configuration Ethernet switch from Cisco's Catalyst 3560-C series. It has 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports and supports both 10/100/1000Mbps and PoE (Power over Ethernet) on all ports. It is designed for small and medium-sized businesses, enterprise branch offices, and as an access layer switch in campus networks. It also has advanced security and quality of service (QoS) features and support for IPv6.
Features and Benefits
The WS-C3560CG-8TC-S Catalyst 3560-C 8 Ports Ethernet Compact Switch is designed to deliver high performance and reliability in a compact form factor. It has a number of features that contribute to its performance and reliability:
- High-speed switching: The switch supports wire-speed, non-blocking performance on all 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which means that it can process packets at line rate without dropping any.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch has advanced QoS features, including traffic prioritization and congestion management, which help ensure that time-sensitive traffic, such as voice and video, is delivered with the appropriate level of priority.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The switch supports PoE on all of its 8 ports, which allows it to power devices such as IP phones and wireless access points over the same Ethernet cable as data, reducing the need for additional power sources and making for a more streamlined deployment.
- Security: The switch has a number of security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and VLANs that provide an additional level of security for the network.
- High Availability: The Switch provides Redundant power supply and fans which allows to increase the uptime and increase the reliability of the network
- The switch also support Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) for load sharing across multiple physical ports to increase bandwidth capacity.
Resiliency and High Availability
The WS-C3560CG-8TC-S is a compact Ethernet switch from Cisco's Catalyst 3560-C series. This model has 8 Fast Ethernet ports, and is designed for use in branch offices or other small network environments.
Resiliency refers to a system's ability to continue operating in the event of a failure or disruption. High availability is a related concept, and refers to the ability of a system to provide service without interruption. Both resiliency and high availability are important for maintaining network uptime and ensuring that users and applications have access to the resources they need.
The model provides several features that help to increase resiliency and high availability, including:
- Redundant Power Supply: The switch has dual power supply options, which helps to ensure that the switch continues to operate even if one of the power supplies fails.
- IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP): This protocol helps to prevent loops in the network by quickly detecting and blocking redundant paths, which minimizes the impact of a link failure.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): This protocol allows you to bundle multiple physical links together to form a single logical link, increasing the available bandwidth and providing redundancy in case one of the links fails.
- IPv6 support: IPv6 has some built-in feature such as OSPFv3 and Dual Stack, makes network more resilient and reliable.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C3560CG-8TC-S
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# WS-C3560CG-8TC-S
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 3560-C
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for Layer 2 Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 8
- Uplink Port Yes
- Management Port Yes
- USB Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 8
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 8 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
I/O Expansions of 8 Ports Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Shared SFP Slot: Yes
- Number of SFP Slots: 2
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 2
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- RAM: 128 MB
- Flash Memory: 64 MB
- Virtual interfaces (VLANs): 255
- Jumbo Frame Support: 9018 bytes
- Routing Protocol: OSPF, RIP-1, RIP-2, BGP, OSPFv2, OSPF for IPv6
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, SNMP 2, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, CLI
- Authentication Method: Kerberos, Secure Shell (SSH), RADIUS, TACACS+
- DHCP support, auto-negotiation, BOOTP support, ARP support, VLAN support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), IGMP snooping, Syslog support, DiffServ support, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Multicast Storm Control, Unicast Storm Control, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, DHCP snooping, Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) support, Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), STP Root Guard, Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD), fanless, DHCP relay, Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN)
- Power Device: Internal power supply
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
- Min Operating Temperature: 23 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
- Min Storage Temperature: -13 °F
- Max Storage Temperature: 158 °F
- Humidity Range Storage: 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor: Rail-mountable
- Width: 10.6 Inch
- Depth: 8.4 Inch
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Weight: 2.98 Lbs
- MTBF: 488,549 hours
- Compliant Standards: GOST, CISPR 24, EN55022, VCCI Class A ITE, EN55024, CISPR 22, CCC, RoHS, UL 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1, GB 4943
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C3560CG-8TC-S at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.