Introduction to the 48 Ports Switch
The WS-C3560G-48PS-S is a Cisco Catalyst 3560G series switch that offers 48 Ethernet ports and PoE (Power over Ethernet) capabilities. It is a manageable switch, meaning it can be configured and managed remotely through a network management system such as Cisco's Network Assistant or Cisco's Prime Infrastructure.
This switch supports advanced Quality of Service (QoS), security, and IP multicast features that make it ideal for use in enterprise-class networks. It is designed to support voice, video, and data applications, and can also be used for wireless LAN controllers and IP phones.
The switch supports advanced security features such as IEEE 802.1X, Access Control Lists (ACLs), and DHCP snooping, making it suitable for use in environments that require high levels of security. Additionally, it supports advanced QoS features such as Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ) and Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) that can help to ensure that real-time applications such as voice and video are delivered with minimal delay.
Furthermore, the switch supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard which helps to reduce power consumption and lower energy costs. It also supports Cisco EnergyWise technology, which enables IT departments to monitor and manage energy consumption across the entire network infrastructure.
Advanced Management Features
The WS-C3560G-48PS-S Cisco Catalyst 3560G switch has several advanced management features that allow network administrators to better control and monitor the network. Some of these features include:
- Cisco Network Assistant (CNA): CNA is a free, centralized software application that simplifies the management of Cisco switches, routers, and wireless access points. It allows network administrators to easily configure, troubleshoot, and monitor their network devices from a single interface.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure: Cisco Prime Infrastructure is a comprehensive network management solution that provides end-to-end visibility and control of the network. It allows administrators to monitor network performance, troubleshoot issues, and manage network devices from a single console.
- Cisco EnergyWise: Cisco EnergyWise is a technology that enables IT departments to monitor and manage energy consumption across the entire network infrastructure. It allows administrators to set power consumption policies, monitor energy usage, and take action to reduce energy costs.
- IEEE 802.1X: IEEE 802.1X is an authentication standard that allows network administrators to control who can access the network. It uses a combination of user credentials and network access devices (such as switches) to authenticate users before they can access the network.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): ACLs are a security feature that allows network administrators to control which traffic is allowed to enter or leave the network. They can be used to block unwanted traffic, such as malicious traffic or unwanted broadcast traffic.
- DHCP Snooping: DHCP snooping is a security feature that helps to prevent DHCP spoofing attacks by validating DHCP messages and binding DHCP clients to their assigned IP addresses.
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS is a feature that allows network administrators to prioritize different types of traffic to ensure that critical applications such as voice and video are delivered with minimal delay.
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ): CBWFQ is a QoS feature that allows network administrators to assign different priorities to different types of traffic.
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ): LLQ is a QoS feature that allows network administrators to assign a higher priority to real-time traffic such as voice and video to reduce delay and jitter.
These advanced management features of WS-C3560G-48PS-S Cisco Catalyst 3560G 48-Ports PoE Manageable Ethernet Switch enable network administrators to monitor, control and troubleshoot the network effectively and ensure that the network runs smoothly and efficiently.
Power Options and Redundancy
The WS-C3560G-48PS-S Cisco Catalyst 3560G switch has a number of power options and redundancy features that help to ensure that the switch remains operational and that the network remains available even in the event of a power failure.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The switch supports PoE, which allows it to provide power to devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and cameras over the Ethernet cables. This eliminates the need for separate power cables, making deployment and maintenance easier.
- Redundant Power Supply: The switch supports a redundant power supply, which allows it to continue operating even if one of the power supplies fails. This helps to ensure that the switch remains operational and that the network remains available even in the event of a power failure.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE): The switch supports the Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard, which helps to reduce power consumption and lower energy costs.
- Cisco EnergyWise: The switch supports Cisco EnergyWise technology, which enables IT departments to monitor and manage energy consumption across the entire network infrastructure.
- Power Injection: The switch also supports Power Injection (PoE) on selected ports, which allows to power devices that are not PoE capable.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C3560G-48PS-S
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C3560G-48PS-S
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 3560
- Product Name: Catalyst 3560 Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Technical Information of 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 48
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Ports Type Fixed
- Topology Ethernet (10/100/1000 Ethernet PortsBaseT)
- Gigabit Ethernet (SFP)
- Maximum Port density 48 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports PoE ports
- Uplinks 4 SFP ports
- Jumbo Frames: 9018 bytes
- VLAN IDs: 4000
- Max VLANs: 1024
- MAC Addresses: Up to 12000
Performance for Catalyst 3560 Managed Switch
- Forwarding rate based on 64-byte packets:
- 38.7 Mpps (Cisco Catalyst 3560G-48TS, Catalyst 3560G-48PS, Catalyst 3560G-24TS, and Catalyst 3560G-24PS);
- 13.1 Mpps (Cisco Catalyst 3560-48TS and Catalyst 3560-48PS);
- 6.5 Mpps (Cisco Catalyst 3560-24TS and Catalyst 3560-24PS);
- 2.7 Mpps (Cisco Catalyst 3560-8PC)
- Configurable up to 12,000 MAC addresses
- Configurable up to 11,000 unicast routes
- Configurable up to 1000 IGMP groups and multicast routes
I/O Expansions of Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 4
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Number of SFP Slots: 4
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 4
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard: Category 5
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10Base-T
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Switching Protocol: Ethernet
- Remote Management Protocol: HTTP, RMON, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, SNMP, SNMP 1, SNMP 2c, SNMP 3, SSH-2, Telnet
- Standard Memory: 128 MB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 32 MB
- 16-MB Flash memory (Cisco Catalyst 3560-48PS and Catalyst 3560-24PS)
- MTBF: 147000 Hour
Dimensions and Weight
- Height 1.7 Inch
- Width 17.5 Inch
- Depth 16.1 Inch
- Weight 15.50 lbs
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Available PoE Power: 370 W
- Compatible Devices: Desktop
- Includes: Rackmount Ears, AC Power Cord, and Console Cable
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C3560G-48PS-S at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.