Power Supply and Power Consumption Considerations
The WS-C3750G-48PS-S Cisco Catalyst 3750 48 Ports Manageable Switch has two power supply options: a 715W AC power supply and a 440W DC power supply. When selecting a power supply, consider the following factors:
- Power Consumption of the Switch:
- The power consumption of the switch is dependent on the number of ports used, the type of modules installed, and the level of network activity.
- The WS-C3750G-48PS-S switch has a maximum power consumption of 530W.
- It is recommended to have redundant power supplies for high availability and to ensure uninterrupted operation in the event of a power supply failure.
- The switch can support up to two power supplies, and they can be configured in either redundant or combined mode.
- Power Supply Compatibility:
- Ensure that the selected power supply is compatible with the switch and the power input voltage.
- The 715W AC power supply can accept an input voltage range of 100-240VAC, while the 440W DC power supply can accept an input voltage range of -40 to -60VDC.
- Environmental Conditions:
- Consider the environmental conditions of the installation site, such as temperature and humidity, which can affect the performance and lifespan of the power supply.
- Power Management:
- Configure power management settings to optimize power usage and reduce energy costs.
- The switch supports features such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and Power over Ethernet (PoE) to help conserve power.
When configuring the switch, use the "show power inline" command to check the power consumption of each PoE device connected to the switch. Use the "show power" command to check the power supply status and power usage of the switch.
It is important to properly size and configure the power supply to ensure reliable operation and prevent power-related issues. It is recommended to consult the Cisco documentation or consult with a certified Cisco professional for specific power supply and power consumption considerations for the WS-C3750G-48PS-S switch.
Troubleshooting Common Issues on the Switch
When troubleshooting common issues with the WS-C3750G-48PS-S Cisco Catalyst 3750 48 Ports Manageable Switch, you can use the following steps:
- Check Physical Connections:
- Ensure that all cables are securely connected to the switch and the external devices.
- Verify that the power and status LEDs are illuminated on the switch.
- Check Interface Status:
- Use the "show interface" command to check the status of the switch interfaces. For example, "show interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1" displays the status of interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1.
- Verify that the interface is up and running, and that the link status is also up.
- Check VLAN Configuration:
- Use the "show vlan" command to check the VLAN configuration of the switch. Verify that the VLANs are configured correctly and match the requirements of the external devices.
- Check that the switch ports are assigned to the correct VLANs.
- Check for Errors:
- Use the "show interface" command to check for errors on the switch interfaces. Look for errors such as CRC errors, input/output errors, or framing errors.
- If errors are present, try resetting the interface by using the "shutdown" and "no shutdown" commands.
- Check for Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Issues:
- Use the "show spanning-tree" command to check the STP configuration of the switch. Verify that the STP settings are correct and match the requirements of the external devices.
- Check that the switch ports are in the correct STP state.
- Check for Quality of Service (QoS) Configuration:
- Use the "show running-config" command to check the QoS configuration of the switch. Verify that the QoS settings are correct and match the requirements of the external devices.
- Check that the switch ports are assigned to the correct QoS classes.
- Check for Firmware Updates:
- Check for any available firmware updates on the Cisco website and download the latest firmware if available.
- Upgrade the firmware using the "copy" command and verify that the upgrade was successful.
Configuring Quality of Service (QoS) on the Switch
To configure Quality of Service (QoS) for WS-C3750G-48PS-S Cisco Catalyst 3750 48 Ports Manageable Switch, you can follow these steps:
- Determine your QoS requirements:
- Identify which traffic requires priority and which traffic can tolerate delay or packet loss.
- Determine the amount of bandwidth required for each traffic class.
- Configure QoS settings on the switch:
- Use the "class-map" command to create traffic classes based on the requirements identified in step 1. For example, "class-map voice" creates a traffic class for voice traffic.
- Use the "policy-map" command to create QoS policies for each traffic class. For example, "policy-map voice-policy" creates a policy for the voice traffic class.
- Use the "priority" command to assign a priority queue to the voice traffic class. For example, "priority percent 50" assigns 50% of the available bandwidth to the voice traffic class.
- Use the "bandwidth" command to allocate bandwidth to other traffic classes. For example, "bandwidth percent 30" allocates 30% of the available bandwidth to the video traffic class.
- Apply QoS policies to switch ports:
- Use the "interface" command to select the switch port to apply the QoS policy to. For example, "interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1" selects port GigabitEthernet1/0/1.
- Use the "service-policy" command to apply the QoS policy to the selected port. For example, "service-policy input voice-policy" applies the voice QoS policy to the selected port.
- Verify QoS configuration:
- Use the "show policy-map interface" command to verify that the QoS policy is applied to the correct ports and traffic classes.
- Use the "show interface" command to verify that the QoS settings are being applied correctly and that there are no errors or drops on the port.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C3750G-48PS-S
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C3750G-48PS-S
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 3750
- Product Model: 3750G-48PS
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces / Ports of L3 Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 48
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance of 48 Ports Switch
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard: Category 5
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10Base-T
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- MTBF: 141005 Hours
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 4
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Number of SFP Slots: 4
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 3
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Standard Memory: 128 MB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 32 MB
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply: Yes
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Width: 17.5 Inch
- Depth: 16.1 Inch
- Weight: 15.43 Lbs
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.