Maximize Network Performance of Switch Chassis
The WS-C4006 Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series 6 Slot Ethernet Switch Chassis is a high-performance network switch that is designed to meet the demands of large-scale networks. To maximize the performance of this switch, there are several factors to consider:
- Port Configuration: Configure the ports on the switch to meet the needs of your network. Assign each port to the correct VLAN and set the speed and duplex to match the connected devices.
- Quality of Service (QoS): Implement QoS to prioritize different types of network traffic, such as voice and video. This will ensure that mission-critical traffic gets the bandwidth it needs to function properly.
- Link Aggregation: Group multiple ports together to create a single logical interface, known as a Link Aggregation Group (LAG). This will increase bandwidth and provide redundancy in the event of a link failure.
- Switch Stacking: Stack multiple WS-C4006 switches together to create a single virtual switch, providing increased performance and scalability.
- Firmware Upgrade: Keep the firmware on the switch up-to-date to ensure that it has the latest features and security patches.
- Monitoring: Use tools such as Cisco Prime Network Control System to monitor the performance of the switch and detect any potential issues before they become critical.
By taking these steps, you can ensure that the WS-C4006 Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series 6 Slot Ethernet Switch Chassis performs at its best, delivering fast and reliable network performance for your organization.
Efficient Network Management
The WS-C4006 Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series 6 Slot Ethernet Switch Chassis is designed with efficient network management in mind. The switch provides several features that enable administrators to manage their networks effectively and efficiently, including:
- Management Interfaces: The switch has multiple management interfaces that allow administrators to manage the network from different locations. These interfaces include a command line interface (CLI), a web-based graphical user interface (GUI), and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for remote management.
- Network Management Software: The switch comes with CiscoWorks LMS, a network management software that provides a centralized platform for managing multiple switches and devices. The software allows administrators to monitor the network, configure and manage switches, and troubleshoot network issues.
- Automated Configuration: The switch supports auto-configuration and auto-negotiation, which eliminates the need for manual configuration of ports and speeds. This saves time and reduces the risk of configuration errors.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS, which enables administrators to prioritize network traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports LACP, which enables administrators to group multiple physical links into a single logical link to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy.
- Security Features: The switch provides several security features, including 802.1X authentication, access control lists (ACLs), and virtual private network (VPN) support, to secure the network and prevent unauthorized access.
Easy Management and Monitoring
The WS-C4006 Cisco Catalyst 4000 series 6 slot Ethernet switch chassis is a scalable and flexible network solution that can be easily managed and monitored for optimal performance. The following features make it easier to manage and monitor the switch:
- Command Line Interface (CLI): The CLI is a powerful interface for managing the switch. It provides easy access to the switch's configuration and diagnostic tools, making it easier to monitor the performance of the switch.
- Web-based GUI: The switch also provides a web-based GUI, which can be accessed from a web browser. This interface provides a visual representation of the switch's status and configuration, making it easier to manage and monitor the switch.
- SNMP Support: The switch supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which allows network administrators to monitor and manage the switch remotely. The switch can be configured to send SNMP traps to a network management system, which can then be used to alert administrators to potential problems.
- System Logging: The switch provides system logging, which allows administrators to view a record of events and error messages. This makes it easier to track and resolve problems with the switch.
- RMON: The switch supports Remote Monitoring (RMON), which provides detailed information about the performance of the switch. This includes information about network traffic, errors, and other important metrics.
- Auto SmartPorts: The switch includes the Auto SmartPorts feature, which automatically configures switch ports based on the type of device that is connected to them. This helps to simplify the management of the switch, as administrators do not need to manually configure switch ports.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number WS-C4006
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 4000
- Product Model 4006
- Product Name Catalyst 4006 Ethernet Switch
- Product Type Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 6
- Expansion Slot Type Supervisor Engine
- Expansion Slot Type Switching Module
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- CiscoWorks 2000 Network Management Suite
- CiscoWorks for Switched Internetworks (CWSI)
- Cisco Discovery Protocol
- Cisco Virtual Trunking Protocol (VTP)
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) agent v1 (RFCs 1155-1157)
- Cisco workgroup Management Information Base (MIB)
- Ethernet MIB (RFC 1643)
- Ethernet repeater MIB (RFC 1516)
- SNMP MIB II (RFC 1213)
- Remote monitoring (RMON) (RFC 1757)
- Remote monitoring (RMON II) (RFC 2021)
- Interface table (RFC 1573)
- Bridge MIB (RFC 1493)
- SMT 7.3 (RFC 1285)
- Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN)
- Enhanced Switched Port Analyzer (ESPAN)
- Port snooping and connection steering
- Text-based command-line interface based on the familiar Catalyst 5000 series interface
- Standard Cisco IOS security capabilities: passwords and TACACS+
- Telnet, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP), BOOTP for management access
- Flash Memory 16 MB
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.