More Information of 48 Port Switch
The Cisco Catalyst 4948E is a 48-port, fixed-configuration Ethernet switch that is designed for top-of-rack (ToR) data center deployments. It provides high-performance, low-latency switching and routing capabilities for data center networks, and supports a wide range of protocols and features.
The 4948E features 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, with a forwarding rate of up to 128 Gbps. It also has four 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports, which can be used for connecting to other switches or to servers. The switch supports both full-duplex and half-duplex operation on all ports.
The 4948E supports a variety of features that are designed to improve the performance, security, and manageability of data center networks. These include support for Quality of Service (QoS), virtual LANs (VLANs), and Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS). The switch also supports advanced security features such as Cisco TrustSec, which provides identity-based security for the network.
In terms of power and cooling, the 4948E is designed to be energy-efficient, with a power supply that is capable of providing up to 715W of power. The switch also has a number of features that help to improve its cooling efficiency, such as a rear-to-front airflow design and a built-in temperature sensor.
High-Performance for Switch
The WS-C4948E-S Cisco Catalyst 4948E 48-Ports Ethernet Switch is designed to provide high performance and low latency switching and routing capabilities for data center networks. The switch is equipped with 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, with a forwarding rate of up to 128 Gbps. This high forwarding rate ensures that the switch can handle a large amount of network traffic without experiencing bottlenecks or delays.
The switch also has four 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports, which can be used for connecting to other switches or to servers. This allows for high-speed connections between switches and servers, enabling the efficient transfer of large amounts of data.
The 4948E supports a variety of features that are designed to improve the performance of data center networks, such as Quality of Service (QoS) and Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS). QoS allows network administrators to prioritize different types of network traffic, ensuring that critical traffic is given priority over less important traffic. MPLS enables fast and efficient routing of data packets, reducing the time it takes for packets to reach their destination.
In terms of power and cooling, the 4948E is designed to be energy-efficient, with a power supply that is capable of providing up to 715W of power. The switch also has a number of features that help to improve its cooling efficiency, such as a rear-to-front airflow design and a built-in temperature sensor, which helps to ensure that the switch operates at optimal temperatures, thus maintaining its performance.
The WS-C4948E-S Cisco Catalyst 4948E 48-Ports Ethernet Switch complies with a variety of industry standards to ensure compatibility and interoperability with other networking devices. Some of the key compliant standards for this switch include:
- IEEE 802.3: This standard defines the physical and data link layers of Ethernet networks. The switch is compliant with several IEEE 802.3 standards, including 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab, and 802.3z.
- IEEE 802.1Q: This standard defines VLAN tagging, which allows the switch to segment a network into multiple virtual LANs (VLANs) for improved security and management.
- IEEE 802.1p: This standard defines Quality of Service (QoS) priorities, which allow the switch to prioritize different types of network traffic.
- IEEE 802.3x: This standard defines full-duplex and flow control mechanisms for Ethernet networks.
- IEEE 802.3ad: This standard defines Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) which allows the switch to bundle multiple physical links together to form a single logical link.
- IEEE 802.1x: This standard defines port-based network access control, which allows the switch to authenticate users before granting them access to the network.
- SNMP, RMON, and RMON2: These standards define a set of management protocols that allow the switch to be remotely managed and monitored.
- Cisco Discovery Protocol: This is a proprietary protocol developed by Cisco Systems to allow network devices to discover and learn about each other on a Cisco-based network.
- Cisco IOS Software: The switch runs on Cisco's IOS software, which provides a wide range of features and capabilities for configuring, managing, and monitoring the switch.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C4948E-S
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: WS-C4948E-S
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 4900
- Product Model: 4948E
- Product Name: Catalyst 4948E Ethernet Switch
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 48
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 48
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Media & Performance
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 4
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP+
- Number of SFP+ Slots: 4
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS)
- CiscoWorks CiscoView
- Cisco Network Assistant
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN
- IEEE 802. 1p QoS
- SNMP v1, v2, v3
- Standard Memory: 1 GB
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply: Yes
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C4948E-S at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.