Management Interfaces and Connectivity Options
The Cisco Catalyst 5500 series switches were a line of Layer 3 (L3) managed switches that were designed for use in large enterprise networks. They were first introduced in the 1990s and have since been replaced by newer models. However, for the sake of answering your question, I will provide an overview of the management interfaces and connectivity options of the WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 managed switch.
Management Interfaces: The WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 managed switch had two main management interfaces:
- Console port: This was a serial port that was used for initial configuration of the switch. The console port was typically accessed using a console cable connected to a terminal or a PC with a terminal emulator.
- Network management port: This was an Ethernet port that was used for remote management of the switch. It allowed network administrators to manage the switch from a remote location using network management software such as CiscoWorks.
Connectivity Options: The WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 managed switch had several connectivity options for connecting devices to the network. These included:
- Ethernet ports: The switch had multiple 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet ports and some models also had Gigabit Ethernet ports. These ports could be used to connect end devices such as computers, servers, printers, and other switches to the network.
- Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC) ports: The WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 managed switch had two GBIC ports that could be used to connect the switch to a fiber optic network. The GBIC ports supported various types of fiber optic cables and transceivers, allowing for flexible connectivity options.
- Expansion slots: The switch had multiple expansion slots that could be used to add additional ports or modules to the switch. These included:
- Switching modules: These were used to add additional Ethernet ports to the switch. They came in various configurations, such as 24-port or 48-port Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet modules.
- Network modules: These were used to add different types of connectivity to the switch, such as ATM, FDDI, or Token Ring.
- Supervisor modules: These were used to provide additional processing power and memory to the switch. They also provided advanced features such as Layer 3 routing, policy-based routing, and Quality of Service (QoS).
Implementing Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Security Policies
Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Security Policies are important features in network switches that help to enhance network security. The WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 Managed Switch supports the implementation of these security features, as described below:
Access Control Lists (ACLs): ACLs are used to control network traffic by allowing or denying access to specific network resources based on certain criteria. The WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 Managed Switch supports the implementation of both standard and extended ACLs. Standard ACLs are used to control traffic based on the source IP address only, while extended ACLs are used to control traffic based on various criteria, including the source and destination IP addresses, port numbers, and protocol types.
To implement ACLs on the WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 Managed Switch, you must first create an ACL by specifying the criteria for allowing or denying traffic. You can then apply the ACL to a specific interface or globally to all interfaces. When traffic matches the criteria specified in the ACL, it is either allowed or denied access, depending on the ACL configuration.
Security Policies: Security policies are used to define the level of security that is enforced on the network. The WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 Managed Switch supports the implementation of various security policies, including port security, MAC address filtering, and DHCP snooping.
Port security is used to limit the number of devices that can connect to a switch port. MAC address filtering is used to control access to the network by allowing or denying devices based on their MAC addresses. DHCP snooping is used to prevent unauthorized DHCP servers from assigning IP addresses to devices on the network.
To implement security policies on the WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 Managed Switch, you must configure the relevant settings for each policy. This includes specifying the number of devices that are allowed to connect to a switch port, the MAC addresses that are allowed or denied access, and the DHCP servers that are authorized to assign IP addresses to devices on the network.
Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Options
The WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 Managed Switch offers several Power over Ethernet (PoE) options for powering devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and cameras. These PoE options include:
- PoE: This option provides up to 15.4 watts of power per port and is compliant with IEEE 802.3af standard.
- PoE+: This option provides up to 30 watts of power per port and is compliant with IEEE 802.3at standard.
- Cisco pre-standard PoE: This option provides up to 7 watts of power per port and is compatible with Cisco pre-standard PoE devices.
- Cisco UPOE: This option provides up to 60 watts of power per port and is compatible with Cisco UPOE devices.
The PoE options on the WS-C5500 Cisco Catalyst 5500 L3 Managed Switch allow for efficient and cost-effective power delivery to devices, eliminating the need for separate power cables and adapters. This also simplifies deployment and management of the network.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number WS-C5500
- Brand Name Cisco
- Device Type Switch - L3 - managed
- Enclosure Type Desktop
- Subtype Fast Ethernet
- Remote Management Protocol SNMP
- Features Layer 3 switching
- Compliant Standards IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
- Processor 1 x Motorola MCF5102: 37.5 MHz
- RAM 32 MB
- Flash Memory 8 MB flash
- Status Indicators Network utilization %, system, link/activity
- Expansions And Connectivity:
- Interfaces 2 x console - RJ-45 - management Network host: 4 x 1 x LAN
- Expansion Slots 13 (total) / 12 (free) x expansion slot
- Power Device Internal power supply
- Installed Qty 1 (installed) / 2 (max)
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption Operational 1100 Watt
- Software / System Requirements:
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.