The WS-X6708-10G-3C= is a Cisco Catalyst 6500 8-ports 10 Gigabit Ethernet module. It is designed to be used with Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches and provides 8 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
This module is built to support high-bandwidth, low-latency applications such as data center, core and distribution layer switches. It provides high-performance, non-blocking switching of 10 Gigabit Ethernet traffic. Each port supports wire-speed performance for both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic, and can be configured as either LAN or SAN ports. The module also supports a variety of advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), security, and network management. It also supports industry-standard protocols including IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), IEEE 802.1AX Link Aggregation and IEEE 802.3x Flow Control.
This module allows for a seamless integration with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches, allowing users to easily add 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to their network without disrupting their existing infrastructure. It is a good option for enterprise data center and service provider environments, and enables high-bandwidth applications that demand high-performance, low-latency switching.
The WS-X6708-10G-3C= Cisco Catalyst 6500 8-Ports 10 Gigabit Ethernet Module is designed to provide high-performance, reliable 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE) connectivity for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches. It allows for aggregating multiple 10 GbE connections to increase throughput and support high-bandwidth applications, and it allows for the connection of other 10 GbE devices, such as servers, storage systems, and other network devices.
In terms of performance, the module has a non-blocking architecture and high-speed switching fabric, which allows it to handle high levels of network traffic with minimal latency. It supports wire-speed forwarding and can handle up to 128 million packets per second (Mpps). It also supports advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features to help prioritize different types of network traffic and ensure that time-sensitive applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
Additionally, the module supports Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to bundle multiple physical ports together to form a single logical channel, improving bandwidth and providing redundancy, it also supports Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Fibre Channel Fabric Services (FCFS) for storage networking in data center environments.
This product module is an ideal solution for organizations that need to upgrade their networks to support high-bandwidth applications and services, it provides high performance, flexible and reliable 10 GbE connectivity for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches, allowing to handle high network traffic with low latency and providing advanced features for better management of network traffic.
Reliability of Ethernet Module
The WS-X6708-10G-3C= Cisco Catalyst 6500 8-Ports Ethernet Module is a reliable expansion module for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches. It provides 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE) connectivity for the Catalyst 6500 series switches, and it has several features that contribute to its reliability.
Firstly, the module is designed to be used with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches, which are known for their high performance, scalability, and reliability. The Catalyst 6500 series switches have a reputation for being robust, long-lasting, and easy to manage, making them a popular choice for enterprise networks and service provider environments.
Secondly, the module has 8 ports that support 10 GbE, which can be used to connect to other 10 GbE devices. This allows organizations to aggregate multiple 10 GbE connections to increase throughput and support high-bandwidth applications, improving the reliability and performance of the network.
The module also includes advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), VLAN, and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to manage and optimize network traffic which makes sure that the network traffic is being sent to the correct destination, reducing the possibility of data loss and increasing the speed at which data is sent and received, helping to improve the reliability of the network.
Additionally, the module supports Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Fibre Channel Fabric Services (FCFS) for storage networking in data center environments, which enables the module to support storage traffic over Ethernet networks, which can help reduce costs and improve network efficiency and reliability.
In summary, This product Cisco Catalyst 6500 8-Ports Ethernet Module is a reliable expansion module for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches, it provides high-bandwidth, low-latency 10 GbE connectivity with advanced features such as QoS, VLAN, LACP, FCoE, and FCFS which improves the network traffic management, adaptability and performance, and increases the overall reliability of the network.
General Information about this Cisco WS-X6708-10G-3C=
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-X6708-10G-3C=
- Product Name: Catalyst 6500 8-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Module
- Product Type: Expansion Module
Networking for Expansion Module
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Cabling Type: Ethernet 10GBase-X
- Data Link Protocol: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 Gbps
- Remote Management Protocol: RMON, SMON
- Status Indicators: Port status, status
Expansions And Connectivity of Ethernet Module
- Expansion Slots: 8 (total) / 8 (free) x X2
- Compatible Slots: 1 x expansion slot
- Compliant Standards: FCC Class A certified, CISPR 22 Class A, BSMI CNS 13438 Class A, CISPR 24, EN 61000-3-2, VCCI Class A ITE, EN 61000-3-3, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, EN50082-1, CSA 22.2 No. 60950, EN 61000-6-1, AS/NZS 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No. 60950-00, ICES-003 Class A, FCC CFR47 Part 15, FCC CFR21 Part 1040, UL 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, EN 60825, IEC 60825-1
Processor / Memory:
- RAM: 1 GB
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 14 Inch
- Depth: 16 Inch
- Height: 1.2 Inch
- Weight: 13.01 LBS
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 90%
- Cisco 7606, 7606 Security Bundle, 7606-S, 7609, 7609 Security Bundle, 7609-S, 7613, 7613 Security Bundle Cisco Catalyst 6503-E, 6503-E chassis with Supervisor Engine 32, 6503-E Firewall Security System Bundle, 6503-E WSLM Bundle, 6504-E, 6504-E Application Control Engine (ACE) 20 Bundle, 6504-E chassis with Supervisor Engine 32, 6504-E with Supervisor Engine 720-3B, 6504-E with WiSM Bundle, 6506, 6506 chassis, 6506 Firewall Security System, 6506 Firewall Security System with Enhanced Chassis, 6506-E, 6506-E chassis with Supervisor Engine 32, 6506-E Firewall Security System Bundle, 6506-E IDSM-2 Bundle with 2-Gbps Performance, 6506-E IPSec VPN SPA Security System Bundle, 6506-E VPN System, 6506-E WLSM Bundle, 6509, 6509 chassis, 6509 Firewall and IDS Security System, 6509 Firewall and VPN Security System, 6509 Firewall Security System, 6509 Wiring Closet Bundle, 6509-E, 6509-E 10Gig Firewall Security System Bundle, 6509-E Application Control Engine (ACE) 20 Bundle, 6509-E chassis with Supervisor Engine 32, 6509-E Firewall Security System Bundle, 6509-E Firewall Security System Bundle with Supervisor Engine 720-3BXL, 6509-E IPSec VPN SPA Security System, 6509-E with WiSM Bundle, 6509-NEB, 6509-NEB-A, 6509-V-E, 6513, 6513 10Gig Firewall Security System Bundle, 6513 chassis, 6513 Chassis with Supervisor Engine 32, 6513 Firewall Security System, 6513 Firewall Security System Bundle, 6513 IPSec VPN SPA Security System
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure, meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in it. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure it to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage on existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fiber technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helping to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalog, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and to monitor a large number of contacts.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-X6708-10G-3C= at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.