The WS-X6908-10G-2T Cisco 8 Ports 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Module provides several security features to help ensure the integrity and confidentiality of network data. Here are some of the key security features:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The module supports ACLs, which can be used to filter and control network traffic based on source and destination IP addresses, port numbers, and other criteria. This can help prevent unauthorized access and protect sensitive data.
- Port security: The module supports port security features, which can be used to restrict access to the network by allowing only authorized devices to connect to the network through a specific port.
- 802.1X authentication: The module supports 802.1X authentication, which can be used to control access to the network by requiring users or devices to authenticate themselves before being granted access.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): The module supports SSL, which provides secure communication over the network by encrypting data transmissions.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) security: The module supports SNMPv3, which provides secure SNMP communication by encrypting data transmissions and authenticating SNMP messages.
- Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI): The module supports DAI, which can help prevent ARP spoofing attacks by verifying ARP requests and responses before allowing them to be forwarded over the network.
The WS-X6908-10G-2T Cisco 8 Ports 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Module can be used in a variety of deployment scenarios, depending on the network environment and requirements. Here are some common deployment scenarios:
- Data center networks: The module can be used in data center networks to provide high-speed connectivity between servers, switches, and storage devices. With its 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the module can support high-bandwidth applications and virtualization technologies, such as VMware and Hyper-V.
- Campus networks: The module can be used in campus networks to provide high-speed connectivity between buildings, floors, and departments. With its 8 ports, the module can support large-scale deployments and can be used to aggregate traffic from multiple access switches.
- Service provider networks: The module can be used in service provider networks to provide high-speed connectivity between core routers and aggregation switches. With its 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the module can support high-bandwidth applications, such as video streaming and cloud services.
- High-performance computing (HPC) environments: The module can be used in HPC environments to provide high-speed connectivity between clusters, nodes, and storage devices. With its 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the module can support large data transfers and high-performance computing applications.
- Network monitoring and analysis: The module can be used in network monitoring and analysis tools to provide high-speed capture and analysis of network traffic. With its 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the module can capture large amounts of data and provide detailed analysis of network performance and security.
High Availability and Redundancy Options
The WS-X6908-10G-2T Cisco 8 Ports 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Module provides several high availability and redundancy options to help ensure network uptime and minimize the risk of network downtime. Here are some of the key high availability and redundancy options:
- Redundant power supply (RPS) support: The module supports RPS, which can provide backup power in case of a power supply failure.
- Redundant supervisor engine support: The module can be installed in a switch chassis that supports redundant supervisor engines, allowing for automatic failover in case of a supervisor engine failure.
- Virtual Switching System (VSS) support: The module supports VSS, which can be used to create a virtual switch out of two physical switches, providing a single management plane and allowing for automatic failover in case of a switch failure.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) support: The module supports LACP, which can be used to create link aggregation groups (LAGs) between the module and other network devices, providing redundancy and increased bandwidth.
- Quality of Service (QoS) support: The module supports QoS, which can be used to prioritize network traffic and ensure that critical traffic is given priority in case of network congestion or failure.
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support: The module supports RSTP, which can be used to provide rapid network convergence in case of a link failure.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: WS-X6908-10G-2T
- Product Model: WS-X6908-10G-2T
- Product Name: Expansion Module
- Product Type: Expansion Module
- SKU: WS-X6908-10G-2T
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Application/Usage: Optical Network
- Expansion Slots: 8 x X2
Management & Protocols
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 E-Series Chassis:
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-X6908-10G-2T at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.