Network Segmentation and Access Control
Network segmentation and access control on the Cisco 2610XM Ethernet Modular Router can be achieved through the use of various features such as Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
VLANs are used to segment a network into different subnets, providing security and isolation between different groups of users or devices. VLANs can be configured on the router by defining different VLANs and assigning switch ports to them. This allows for the creation of separate broadcast domains, which can help to increase security and reduce network congestion.
ACLs are used to control access to a network by defining rules that permit or deny traffic based on various criteria such as IP address, port number, and protocol. These rules are applied to traffic passing through the router, allowing administrators to create a more secure network environment by limiting access to certain resources.
VPNs provide secure remote access to a network by encrypting traffic over the internet, allowing users to connect to a private network as if they were physically connected to it. The Cisco 2610XM router supports various VPN protocols such as IPSec, PPTP and L2TP.
Additionally, the Cisco 2610XM Ethernet Modular Router also supports advanced security features such as firewall, VPN, and intrusion detection and prevention. These features can be configured to provide additional layers of security to the network and protect against various types of cyber attacks.
VPN and Security Capabilities
The Cisco 2610XM Ethernet Modular Router has several VPN and security capabilities that can be configured to provide secure remote access and protect the network from various types of cyber attacks.
- The Cisco 2610XM supports various VPN protocols such as IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP. These protocols can be used to create secure, encrypted connections over the internet, allowing remote users to connect to the private network as if they were physically connected to it.
- The router also supports VPN pass-through, which allows VPN connections to pass through the router without needing to be terminated on the router itself.
- The Cisco 2610XM has an integrated firewall that can be configured to block unwanted traffic and protect the network from various types of cyber attacks.
- The router supports Network Address Translation (NAT) which can be used to hide the internal IP addresses of devices on the network and make it more difficult for attackers to target specific devices.
- The router has a built-in Intrusion Detection System (IDS) that can detect and alert administrators to potential security threats such as unauthorized access attempts and network scans.
- The router can also be configured to use Access Control Lists (ACLs) to control access to the network and limit the spread of any potential security breaches.
Network Management and Monitoring
The Cisco 2610XM Ethernet Modular Router has several built-in network management and monitoring capabilities that can be used to monitor the performance of the network and troubleshoot issues. Some of these capabilities include:
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): SNMP can be used to monitor the performance of the router and other network devices. The router supports SNMP versions 1, 2c, and 3, which allows for the collection of various performance statistics such as CPU and memory usage, as well as the status of interfaces and other system-level information.
- Remote Monitoring (RMON): RMON allows for the collection of detailed statistics on network traffic and can be used to monitor the performance of the network and troubleshoot issues.
- Cisco IOS CLI: The Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS) Command-Line Interface (CLI) provides a wide range of commands that can be used to configure and monitor the router.
- Cisco Network Assistant: Cisco Network Assistant is a free software application that can be used to manage and monitor Cisco network devices. It provides an easy-to-use graphical interface that can be used to configure and monitor the router and other network devices.
- Cisco SDM: Cisco Security Device Manager (SDM) is a web-based interface that can be used to configure and monitor Cisco network devices. It provides an easy-to-use graphical interface that can be used to configure and monitor the router, including the firewall and VPN features.
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number CISCO2610XM
- Product Series: 2600
- Product Name: 2610XM Router
- Product Type: Router
Interfaces / Ports
- Number of Ports: 1
- Fast Ethernet Port: Yes
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX LAN
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x Auxiliary Management
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x Console Management
Media & Performance
- Connectivity Media: Cable Twisted Pair
- Forwarding/Filtering Rate: 20Kpps
- Number of Expansion Slots: 4
Management & Protocols
- Protocols: OSPF
- Protocols: TCP/IP
- Protocols: NAT
- Processor & Chipset
- Processor: 1 x Motorola MPC860 40MHz
- Standard Memory: 128MB
- Maximum Memory: 256MB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 32 MB
- Input Voltage: 110V AC
- Input Voltage: 220V AC
- Input Voltage Range: 100V AC to 240V AC
- Input Current: 1.5A
- Frequency: 47 Hz to 63 Hz
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.