Introduction to the Security Router
The CISCO892F-K9 is a powerful and versatile router designed for small and medium-sized businesses, enterprise small branch offices, and service provider customer premises. It is part of the Cisco 890 series and offers a range of features that make it an ideal solution for organizations looking to upgrade their network infrastructure.
One of the key features of the CISCO892F-K9 is its 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which provide high-speed connectivity for wired devices and allow the router to handle large amounts of data traffic. Additionally, the router supports wireless connections, enabling it to connect to a variety of wireless devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
The CISCO892F-K9 also offers advanced security features, including a firewall, VPN, and intrusion prevention, which help to protect the network from external threats. The router's firewall can be configured to block unauthorized access and to allow only specific types of traffic, while the VPN can be used to create secure connections between remote locations. The intrusion prevention system (IPS) can be configured to detect and prevent attacks on the network.
In terms of management, the CISCO892F-K9 has an intuitive web-based interface that makes it easy to configure and manage the router. The interface provides detailed information about the router's performance and allows administrators to view and configure various settings such as security, routing, and QoS.
Routing Protocols 8 Ports Router
The CISCO892F-K9 892 Wireless Integrated Services Gigabit Ethernet Security 8 Ports Router supports a variety of routing protocols, which are used to determine the best path for data packets to travel from one network to another. Some of the routing protocols that the router supports include:
- Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP)
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP) and Routing Information Protocol (RIP) are both distance-vector routing protocols, which means they determine the best path to a destination based on the distance (or "hop count") to that destination. IGRP is a Cisco proprietary protocol that provides a higher maximum hop count and faster convergence than RIP.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) is a link-state routing protocol, which means it determines the best path to a destination based on the state of the network's links. OSPF is a widely-used protocol that is particularly well-suited for large, enterprise networks.
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) is a Cisco-proprietary protocol that is an enhanced version of IGRP. It is a hybrid routing protocol that combines aspects of both distance-vector and link-state protocols, and is known for its fast convergence and efficient use of network bandwidth.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is a routing protocol that is commonly used to connect different autonomous systems (AS) on the Internet. BGP is a path-vector protocol, which means it determines the best path to a destination based on the AS path that the packets must travel through.
The CISCO892F-K9 can support multiple routing protocols, so you can choose the one that best fits your network's requirements, or you can use different routing protocols for different parts of your network.
Network Security And Threat Defense Capalities
The CISCO892F-K9 892 Wireless Integrated Services Gigabit Ethernet Security 8 Ports Router is designed with a range of security features that help protect your network from external threats. Some of the key network security and threat defense capabilities of the CISCO892F-K9 include:
- Firewall: The router has a built-in firewall that can be configured to block unauthorized access and to allow only specific types of traffic. The firewall can also be used to create security zones and to apply different levels of security to different parts of the network.
- VPN: The CISCO892F-K9 supports various VPN protocols, such as IPSec, L2TP over IPSec and Easy VPN, which can be used to create secure connections between remote locations. This allows you to establish secure communication over public networks, such as the internet.
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): The router has an IPS feature that can be configured to detect and prevent attacks on the network. The IPS can detect and block a wide range of threats, including known and unknown malware, and can be configured to respond to different types of threats in different ways.
- Advanced Malware Protection (AMP): The router also supports Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) technology, which provides continuous analysis of files and network traffic to detect and block malicious code. AMP for Networks can detect and block malware at the point of entry, and can also provide detailed visibility and threat context for forensic analysis and incident response.
- Access Control List (ACL): The CISCO892F-K9 supports Access Control Lists (ACLs) that can be used to restrict access to network resources based on various criteria such as IP address, port, and protocol.
- Secure boot: The router uses secure boot process to ensure that the software running on the device is authentic and has not been tampered with.
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number CISCO892F-K9
- Product Series 890
- Product Model 892F
- Product Name 892F Wireless Integrated Service Router
- Product Type Wireless Integrated Services Router
- Broadband Transmission Technology ISDN
- Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11n
- ISM Band Yes
- UNII Band Yes
- ISM Maximum Frequency 2.40 GHz
- UNII Maximum Frequency 5 GHz
- Antenna Gain 5 dBi
- Antenna Type Omnidirectional Antenna
- Antenna Connector RP-TNC Connector
- Wireless Transmission Speed 54 Mbit/s
- Wireless Security
- IEEE 802.11i
- IEEE 802.1x
- Features Quality of Service (QoS)
- Features MIMO Technology
- Ethernet Port Yes
- Fast Ethernet Port Yes
- Gigabit Ethernet Port No
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 8
- VGA No
- Serial No
- USB Yes
- Powerline No
- PoE (RJ-45) Port Yes
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports 1
- Expansion Slots 1 x SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Network & Communication
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
Management & Protocols
- Web Based Management (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Security Features
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- MAC Address
- Public-key-infrastructure (PKI)
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Content Filtering
- EAP TLS
- Input Voltage 12 V DC
- Power Source AC Adapter
- Certifications & Standards
- IEEE Standards:
- IEEE 802.11a
- IEEE 802.11b
- IEEE 802.11g
- IEEE 802.11n
- IEEE 802.11i
- IEEE 802.1x
- IEEE 802.1Q
- IEEE 802.3
- IEEE 802.3u
- IEEE 802.3ab
- IEEE 802.3af
- 47 CFR Part 15: 2006
- CISPR22: 2005
- EN300386: V1.3.3: 2005
- EN55022: 2006
- EN61000-3-2: 2000 [Inc amd 1 & 2]
- EN61000-3-3: 1995 [+ amd 1: 2001]
- ICES-003 Issue 4: 2004
- KN 22: 2005
- VCCI: V-3/2006.04
- CISPR24: 1997 [+ amd 1 & 2]
- EN300386: V1.3.3: 2005
- EN50082-1: 1992
- EN50082-1: 1997
- EN55024: 1998 [+ amd 1 & 2]
- EN61000-6-1: 2001
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cyber criminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.